- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- Would you like to simplify the management and backup of your Oracle database?
HP 3PAR Application Suite for Oracle is a highly efficient solution for automatically creating and managing hundreds of application-consistent, reservationless, point-in-time snapshots of Oracle and Oracle RAC databases for rapid online recovery. These snapshot images are then presentable to other Oracle database instances, managed from an easy-to-use graphical user interface on the host.
With HP 3PAR 7000 Application Suite for Oracle, administrators can quickly and simply recover a database to a known point in time, speeding up a variety of operations including the rapid recovery of the Oracle production server. Integration with Oracle Active Data Guard enables snapshots to be taken on standby databases, thus minimizing impact to the production database.
Fast, reliable backup and recovery to tape is made possible through integration with Symantec NetBackup.
- Support for HP 3PAR OS 3.1.2MU2, 3.1.2MU3, 3.1.3
- Support for HP Data Protector 8.0
- Support for RHEL 6 Update 4
Remove the Choice Between Performing Fewer Backups and Spending More for Storage
- The HP 3PAR Application Suite for Oracle leverages the HP 3PAR Replication Suite, where administrators can create highly efficient snapshots that enable Oracle logs to be replayed for up-to-the minute database recovery.
- Snapshot instances are managed efficiently, from an easy-to-use graphical user interface on the host.
- Administrators can make a variety of scenarios simpler and more efficient, including creating snapshots for testing and development purposes.
- Works with optional HP 3PAR Security Software Suite or HP 3PAR Virtual Lock Software to safeguard disk-based backups, to protect against accidental or malicious deletion of disk-backups.
- Integration with Symantec NetBackup intelligently presents Oracle snapshots to the NetBackup server as a class or policy so that backup jobs do not require reconfiguration, thus eliminating the need for custom scripting or costly consulting services otherwise necessary to achieve the same result.
Enables Highly Granular and Flexible Recovery Point Objectives and Recovery Time Objectives
- HP 3PAR Applications Suite for Oracle removes the need of a backup window and associated “race-to-daylight” by powering hundreds of non-disruptive, application-consistent snapshot images of production Oracle and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) databases.
- Autonomically discovers and intelligently maps all database elements (including table spaces, data files, control files, parameter files, and archive log files) to associated snapshots.
- Scalable, non-duplicative snapshots allow administrators a greater number of snapshots for a frequent extended history of recovery points, giving flexibility when committing to a given Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Delivers the flexibility to restore from snapshot (via fast D2D restore) or by directly and instantaneously mounting the snapshot on the host, which allows administrators to offer increasingly aggressive Recovery Time Objective (RTO) SLAs to customers.
- Integrated with Oracle Data Guard to provide application-level disaster recovery on the host in Oracle Data Guard and Active Data Guard environments, which enables organizations to take snapshots of standby databases instead of production databases.
- Oracle® is a trademark of Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
- Supported hardware environment:
- HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage
- Supported software environment:
- HP 3PAR Operating System
- HP warrants only that the software media will be free of physical defects for a period of ninety (90) days from delivery. For more information about HP’s Global Limited Warranty and Technical Support, visit: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/warranty.html.
- Oracle® is a trademark of Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.; Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
- Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.