- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Modular Ethernet Switches
HP 10500 Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 10500 Switch Series is a next-generation modular enterprise campus core switch designed to enable the evolving needs of a cloud-connected and rich-media-capable infrastructure. It sets a benchmark for performance, reliability, and scalability with next-generation Clos architecture with 3-microsecond latency, delivering ultra-high 1/10/40GbE port density and is 100GbE-ready.
With HP Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology, the HP 10500 Switch Series can be virtualized across four chassis with a single management interface—enabling flatter, more agile networks.
- Unified wired-WLAN module provides integrated wireless solution with support of 1,024 APs and up to 220,000 wireless clients per switch chassis.
- 20Gbps VPN Firewall module provides integrated security.
- Transition from 1GbE to 10GbE with the 24-port 10GBASE-T Module
- Multitenant device context increases network security.
- Flexible, long range deployment with 40GbE QSFP LR Transceiver.
Performance, Reliability and Future-proof Scalability for The Campus
- The HP 10500 Switch Series provides a high speed fully distributed next generation Clos architecture with up to 11.52 Tb/s switching capacity and up to 13.72 Tb/s switching fabric capacity to meet the demands of bandwidth-intensive applications today and in the future.
- It is 100GbE ready with ultra-high 1/10/40GbE port density and 3-microsecond latency. With up to 12 interface module slots, the 10500 Switch Series provides up to 96 ports 40GbE, 576 10GbE ports and 576 1GbE ports and allows you to optimize deployment with a choice of 4-, 8-, and 10-slot chassis.
- HP Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) allows up to four 10500 Switch Series chassis to be virtualized into a single switching/routing fabric that can support more than 2,300 line-rate 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports or 192 line-rate 40 Gigabit ports.
- The 7500/10500 Unified Wired WLAN Module integrates with the 10500 switching fabric to deliver a single unified network for wired and wireless connectivity. The 20Gbps VPN firewall module provides advanced firewall features.
- No hidden costs with license-free software with advanced Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv6, MPLS functionality, and robust QoS.
Optimized Architecture For a Cloud-Connected and Media-Rich Network
- The HP 10500 Switch Series includes a high-speed fully distributed next-generation Clos architecture that simplifies large-scale switching architecture, reduces possible fault points, and provides greater defense capabilities.
- HP Comware 7, an advanced modular operating system, brings native high stability, independent process monitoring, and modular design to easily restart processes for seamless upgrades to individual software modules, enhancing serviceability and greater high-availability.
- Fast software upgrades without service interruptions for higher availability and zero packet loss with In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU).
- Open application architecture enables fully-integrated high-performance application-specific modules.
Robust Security and QoS Controls
- The HP 10500 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a trusted network that meets your ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
- Flexible authentication options include 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication, and Endpoint Admission Defense, providing you with greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, manage end-to-end application priorities.
- Included with 10500 Series Switches are a powerful set of multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS, SSH, TACACS/TACACS+, to protect and control change management access.
Single Management View of the Network
- The HP 10500 Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- Integrated security and unified wired and wireless networks.
- 12 I/O module slots, maximum;Supports a maximum of 576 10GbE ports or 288 1/10GBASE-T ports or 576 Gigabit Ethernet ports or 96 40GbE ports, or a combination;Depending on model and configuration
- 8.6 Bpps, maximum;Depending on model
- Switching capacity:
- 11.5 Tb/s, maximum;Depending on model
- Stacking capabilities:
- IRF, with 4 chassis
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C)
- SNMP Manager
- terminal interface (serial RS-232C)
- modem interface
- IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
- Ethernet Interface MIB
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.