- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
WLAN Access Points
HP M200 802.11n Access Point Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP M200 802.11n Access Point provides wireless connectivity for your expanding network. Take full advantage of the next-generation IEEE 802.11n standard with the M200 access point's dual-band capability while simultaneously supporting IEEE 802.11a or 802.11b/g devices.
The new Web user interface makes the M200 access point easy to set up, yet retains key functionality to keep your sensitive data secure.
- Secure and easy-to-use Web UI: Quick setup page: consolidates key settings into one page for simple and rapid configuration for common deployment scenarios. HTTPS secured management sessions: prevent management sessions from being observed on the network.
- Integration with HP PCM: enables discovery and mapping via HP PCM, available as a free download from the Web; provides all the basic tools needed to handle a network effectively, along with a 60-day trial version of HP PCM+
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): automated device discovery protocol provides easy mapping by network management applications
- Manager, operator privilege levels: provides read-only (operator) and read-write (manager) access levels for Web management
- Fully IEEE 802.11n-compliant dual-band access point: 2.4 GHz frequency band support: uses your IEEE 802.11n wireless clients alongside legacy IEEE 802.11b/g devices. 5 GHz frequency band support: operates your IEEE 802.11n and 802.11a devices in the 5 GHz spectrum, which has less interference from microwave ovens, Bluetooth® devices, and cordless phones .
- IEEE 802.3af PoE-powered device (PD) option: simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces installation costs by helping to eliminate the time and cost involved in supplying local power at each access point location
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on the 10/100/1000 port
- Spanning Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1D): prevents network loops
- Four wireless communities: consolidates Quality of Service, security, and VLAN settings into one easy-to-manage identifier per SSID
- Service-class segmentation: Up to four SSIDs (one per wireless community): allows administrator to identify multiple service sets for clients to access. Up to four VLANs (one per wireless community): IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging provides security between workgroups. Wireless community-based prioritization: allows the administrator to help ensure that key network traffic is prioritized by weighting specific wireless communities.
- Auto Channel Select (ACS): helps reduce radio co-channel interference by automatically selecting an unoccupied radio channel
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS) modes: Access Point and WDS Bridge, Access Point Only, WDS Bridge Only, and Monitor: allow HP V-M200 802.11n Access Points to connect wirelessly to other HP V-M200 802.11n Access Points without a wired backbone; this is useful for extending the network across areas where no wired infrastructure exists.
- Interoperability: meets Wi-Fi Alliance certifications, including IEEE 802.11n Wi-Fi and WPA2 to help provide multivendor interoperability
- AP client access control functions: - IEEE 802.1X authentication using EAP-SIM, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, and PEAP. - MAC address authentication using local or RADIUS access lists. - RADIUS AAA using EAP-MD5, PAP, CHAP, and MS-CHAPv2. - Layer 2 wireless client isolation.
- RADIUS-based MAC authentication: authenticates a wireless client with a RADIUS server based on the MAC address of the client; this is useful for clients with minimal or no user interface
- Choice of IEEE 802.11i, WPA2, or WPA: locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of wireless traffic
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): encrypts all HTTP traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management interface of the access point
- Local wireless bridge client traffic filtering: when enabled, prevents communication between wireless devices associated with the same access point
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.