HP Partner Training Portal - India
Business & IT Services
- Government & Allied Bodies
- Educational Institutes
- Find a Course
- HP Education CarePack Services
- Special Deals/Discounts
A logical extension of the advent of Web 2.0 is the rise of Learning 2.0. Increasingly, instructor‐centric learning is giving way to learner‐centric learning, classroom learning is becoming incorporated into boundary‐less learning, didactic learning is giving way to collaborative and investigative learning and textbook reliance is giving way to ‘real‐life’ or virtual experience. Educational institutes thus need solutions that will both enable this shift and help them manage learning in this new context. HP’s digital classroom solutions provide an environment that supports learner‐centric pedagogies, integrated curriculum and multiple assessment approach. It allows for an interactive and stimulating learning experience through collaborative and personal learning settings in virtual and physical learning spaces. Typically such solutions would consist:
- Smart Classrooms
- Digital Learning Content
- Learning Portals
- Learning Management and Learning Content Management Platforms
- Virtual Collaboration Platforms
- Back office infrastructure and services
University/Campus Management System
- Student related tasks such as student, admissions, placement and alumni management
- Staff related tasks such as human resource and payroll management
- Academic tasks such as department, academic program, timetable and exam management
- Facilities-related tasks such as estate, laboratory, hostel, transport, canteen and library management
- Administrative tasks such as general activities, inventory and research management
- Finance related tasks such as fee, grant and budget management
India has the world’s third largest higher education system in the world with over 500 universities and 30,000 colleges. Typical state and central universities manage up to 500 colleges at times, a task that includes recruiting staff, managing curriculum, keeping track of enrolments and awarding degrees to students. Manual processes in in this context make the system slow and unresponsive to change. In this light universities across India today seek to improve the efficiency of delivery of services by deploying ICT solutions for their campuses.
HP provides University Management System solutions from leading organizations to manage and automate a host of administrative tasks in the university. This includes:
All the modules are discreet yet integrated – allowing a university to pick and choose modules they want to add to the core modules of the university management system while at the same time allowing for seamless flow of data and processes across the different modules.
- Better engagement with the written material such as Text book / Reference Guide – video being one of the most effective media for engaging the mind
- Enhanced comprehension – students can understand concepts as explained by different teachers (in different videos) and watch real life experiments and demonstrations
- Always on-content delivery – being a cloud based solution, HP VideoBook can enable 24x7 content delivery and learning, allowing students to learn at their own time and pace
- HP Videobook can also improve teacher efficiency by allowing a teacher to focus on the problem solving aspects of learning leaving the content delivery to well qualified experts./li>
Together with the growing availability of textbooks in digital form, another phenomenon revolutionizing learning is the increasing availability of online video based learning content. Today’s internet-savvy youth relate to and are naturally drawn to the visual power of video, which helps them to translate abstract concepts or events into their reality. It is imperative to leverage the power of rich media as a part of learning for students, to start them on the process of augmented learning – textbooks + rich media – and bring subjects alive. However, current systems and methods for online education delivery do not exploit the vast knowledge available on the web and are rarely adapted to the students’ learning style.
HP has developed a cloud solution called ‘HP VideoBook’ that addresses this need. Based on a patented HP Labs algorithm HP VideoBook has an intuitive user interface easy for students even at primary level. The solution follows a simple 3 Step process as detailed below.
1. Upon uploading a textbook, it processes the content and identifies key words & phrases
2. It then sequences the topics and synchronizes with the written text
3. Finally, it sources the most appropriate videos from public video repositories and/or specific sources, and presents it side-by-side to the written text
This solution thus delivers the following results:
Value Added Training Programs
While the reach of formal education has increased dramatically in the last few years, industry often finds a significant segment of the graduates to be unemployable. Chiefly, this is due to the lack of technical and communication skills that are essential to be a successful employee in such organization.
Conceptualized to bridge the gap between skill demand from industry and the supply by academia, HP’s value added training programs consist of different industry relevant courses delivered by HP at the Institute/University itself at affordable rates. Designed primarily for students undergoing B.E./B.Tech/MCA, these programs (consisting of both technical and soft skill training) are offered to students across different branches/disciplines and across the academic lifecycle. These programs are offered under the following heads:
- Summer Training Program
- Winter Training Program
- Project Based Industrial Training
- Need Based Programs for Institutes/Universities