HP Helps Organizations Manage and Prioritize Risk with Expanded Enterprise Security Platform
SAN FRANCISCO -- HP today announced an integrated platform of risk-driven security solutions that provides enterprises clear visibility across traditional, mobile and cloud environments, and enables them to apply adaptive security defenses based on specific organizational risks.
Modern security threats are increasingly complex, featuring multiple attack vectors that target traditional, mobile and cloud environments. As organizations extend their infrastructures, they require the same level of security controls and safeguards as those that protect their internal infrastructures.(1) These challenges make it crucial for enterprises to understand how best to manage and prioritize security risks across their diverse IT landscapes.
The HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) platform bridges the gap between security and IT operations, helping organizations to move beyond a bolted-on, single-purpose product strategy. With the expanded HP SIRM platform, HP is delivering on its first major milestone for security since it brought together market-leading products from ArcSight, Fortify and TippingPoint to form the HP Enterprise Security Products group last year.
“Today’s attacks are so complex and difficult to detect, a traditional approach to security just can’t provide the level of insight necessary to secure the extended enterprise,” said Tom Reilly, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Security Products, HP. “The HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management platform offers visibility into diverse security environments as well as contextual intelligence to proactively manage risk from applications to network – and IT governance.”
Offering a single view into business risks
Enterprises have struggled with the inability to accurately assess security needs and investments. HP is addressing this problem by providing visibility across security assets in the context of business-critical processes and applications with:
- HP EnterpriseView – provides C-level executives with a dynamic dashboard and prioritized heat-map view of risk across the enterprise, bridging security and IT operations. This single view enables security executives to proactively address the highest business risks and rapidly deploy adaptive defenses.
Addressing application risk from traditional to mobile environments
Mobile platforms, as well as applications pushed to the web, create complex attack surfaces that must be protected. HP enables enterprises to extend application security to mobile devices through static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST) and monitoring solutions, including:
- HP Application Security Monitor (AppSM) – gives IT leaders visibility into application security threats, and shortens the time needed to deploy monitoring by significantly reducing costly custom programming. HP AppSM delivers centralized searching, reporting and analysis covering Java/.Net applications across multiple environments, including mobile.
- HP Mobile Application Security – protects the mobile application ecosystem through line-of-code precision to identify potential vulnerabilities for applications built for Apple iOS and Google™ Android devices.
- HP TippingPoint Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) – delivers protection against complex application threats in conjunction with the HP SIRM platform. Clients benefit from enhanced reputation-based blocking and advanced application control.
Addressing emerging risks associated with cloud adoption
As enterprises adopt cloud computing, protecting the extended infrastructure becomes a barrier for adoption. To address this challenge, HP offers enterprise-class security solutions for complex cloud environments, including:
- HP Cloud Connections Partner Program – provides visibility into user activity within Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments, delivering a centralized view and enabling reporting that spans on-premise to cloud-based environments.
- HP Compliance Stack – helps customers ensure physical, virtual and cloud environments meet compliance requirements. The first solution addresses payment systems compliance requirements based on Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
The HP SIRM platform is a key component of the HP IT Performance Suite, which helps businesses and governments in their pursuit of an Instant-On Enterprise. The HP IT Performance Suite delivers a comprehensive view across IT assets, automates IT management and adjusts IT performance to meet specific business enterprise goals.
Pricing and availability(2)
Pricing for HP EnterpriseView will start at $250,000. Pricing for HP AppSM will start at $5,000 per application server. Both offerings will be available soon.
The HP Mobile Application Security Solutions, the HP Compliance Stack and the HP TippingPoint NGIPS are currently available with pricing based on implementation requirements.
More information about HP Enterprise Security Products is available at www.hpenterprisesecurity.com/.
HP’s premier client event, HP Discover, will take place June 4- 7 in Las Vegas.
HP’s annual enterprise security event, HP Protect, will take place September 10-12 in Nashville, Tenn.
(1) Worldwide Cloud Security 2011-2015 Forecast: A Comprehensive Look at the Cloud/Security Ecosystem” IDC, 2012.
(2) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.