- For Home
- For Business
- Boost your small office's efficiency with Ethernet networking, automatic two-sided printing and easy-to-use features. Save money and energy with Instant-on Technology. Save even more energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.1
- For small offices where a shared, fast laser printer helps reduce environmental impact with automatic two-sided printing and energy-saving features.
Fast laser printing with built-in productivity features designed for small offices.
- Connect and share this compact printer among a small office, using 10/100 Ethernet networking. Ethernet connectivity makes it easy for you to connect your printing network.
- Print documents fast—up to 26 ppm letter/25 ppm A4. With Instant-on Technology, pages start and finish printing faster—get a first page out in as fast as 7 seconds.
- Choose the media that best suits your business purpose. The 250-sheet paper tray and 10-sheet priority input slot handle a wide variety of media types—card stock, transparencies, labels, envelopes and paper up to legal size.
- Save time and boost your printing productivity with automatic two-sided printing. Print on both sides of the paper without manually flipping pages
Innovative technology that saves you paper, energy and money.
- Reduce your impact on the environment and use up to 50 percent less paper with automatic two-sided printing.
- Get up to 50 percent energy savings over competitive laser products 2, using Instant-on Technology. And get additional, effortless savings with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology—it senses your printing activity, turning on and off automatically.1
- Reduce wasted paper by printing only the content you want. HP Smart Web Printing delivers more usable web pages by printing web pages without cutoff edges and blank pages.3
- Minimal packaging is made from 10 to 30 percent recycled material, reducing your impact on the environment. Cardboard packaging is 100% recyclable.4 Get free, easy and responsible recycling of cartridges through HP Planet Partners.5
Professional, cost-effective laser printing.
- Produce professional-quality prints—HP spherically shaped toner consistently delivers bold, crisp text and sharp images.
- When printing professional black-and-white documents, HP FastRes 1200 delivers sharp, clear output quickly. HP FastRes produces smaller print files, crisp text, even tones and smooth business graphics.
- Save space with an ultra-compact, space-saving printer with a sleek, industrial design. Improve your office environment by selecting the "quiet" mode.6
- HP Page Description Language (PCL5e) helps ensure consistent communication across a wide range of devices and is more likely to be compatible with your company's existing infrastructure.
Reliable performance with ease-of-use.
- Get out-of-the-box driver installation. HP Smart Install makes it easy to quickly set up the printer without a CD—just plug in and install.7
- Set up and start printing right away with an easy-to-use, intuitive control panel. The simplified interface includes four LED lights a lighted power button, cancel button and a "go" button for easy access to functions.
- Receive reliable, outstanding results—page after page, cartridge after cartridge—using Original HP supplies designed for your printer. When it's time to replace a toner cartridge, HP SureSupply helps you find and purchase the right supplies.8
- HP Total Care gives you more value and results from your technology, for your business. The portfolio of services, software, solutions and support from HP and our partners helps manage, protect and grow your business—no matter what stage it’s in.
1 HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
2 Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
3 Requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0-8.0.
4 Cardboard packaging recycling may not be available in your area.
5 HP toner cartridge return and recycling is available in 49 countries and territories around the world, covering 88% of the addressable market; see www.hp.com/recycle for details.
6 Pages will print at half speed in quiet mode.
7 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
8 Program features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit www.hp.com/learn/suresupply
11 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled and within wireless range of the printer. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled and may require a firmware upgrade. Feature may require the download of driver or apps to mobile device, available at http://www.hp.com/go/eprintercenter.
- Print speed black:
- Normal:Up to 25 ppm
- (Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 7 sec
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 x 2 dpi (1200 dpi effective output)
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 8000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output.)
- Recommended monthly page volume:
- 250 to 2000
- Recommended monthly page volume note:
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 400 MHz
- Print languages:
- Host-based printing, HP PCL 5e
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100 Ethernet networking
- Connectivity, optional:
- HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11g Print Server
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GB RAM; Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2003: 512 MB RAM; all systems: 350 MB free hard disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB port;
Mac OS X v 10.4, 10.5, 10.6; 256 MB RAM; 150 MB available hard disk space; CD-ROM drive; USB port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, v10.6
- Linux (see hplip.net for current)
- Unix (ready later and downloadable, see hp.com/go/support)
- Memory, standard:
- 32 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 32 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 10-sheet priority feed slot, 250-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet face-down bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; A6; B5; postcards; envelopes (C5, DL, B5)
- Media sizes, custom:
- 250-sheet input tray: 147 x 211 to 216 x 356 mm; priority feed slot: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (laser, plain, photo, rough, vellum), envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, postcards
- Supported media weight:
- 60 to 163 g/m²
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 7 A; 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 4 A
- Power consumption
440 watts (printing), 2.2 watts (ready), 1.6 watts (auto-off), 0.4 watts (manual-off)
(Values subject to change. See http://www.hp.com/go/ljp1600_regulatory for current information. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 32.5º C
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 387 x 284 x 246 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 387 x 461 x 255 mm
- 7.0 kg
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 497 x 330 x 330 mm
- Package weight:
- 9.0 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer, introductory HP LaserJet Black print cartridge, power cord, paper tray cover, CD(s) with printer software and documentation, Getting Started Guide, support flyer, Smart Install Flyer, USB cable.
- Cable included:
- Yes, 1 USB cable.
- 1 Year Next Business Day Exchange Support
- Eco Highlights
• Reduce energy use up to 50% with Instant-on Technology.[eco01]
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco02]
• Reduce paper use by up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing.
[eco01]Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
[eco02]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computer hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without prior notice and are applicable for India only. Prices are only indicative and are exclusive of applicable taxes, options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.