Choice of Windows 10 Pro or Linux®
HP Z Turbo Drive G21,4
support on the motherboard
Up to 64 GB ECC memory
Removable, cleanable dust filter4
View full HP Z240 Tower Workstation specs
View full HP Z240 SFF Workstation specs
“- Gedeon Trias, associate director of Design, Larson & Darby
Technology is a major investment for a firm like ours, but the cost we pay for the power we get using HP Z Workstations is quite reasonable. The HP Small Form Factor Workstation is a great example.”
I like this
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, Xeon and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This version of Windows running with the processor or chipsets used in this system has limited support from Microsoft. For more information about Microsoft’s support, please see Microsoft’s Support Lifecycle FAQ at https://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Intel, Core, Thunderbolt and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S.and other countries. NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo and Quadro are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the US. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1. Each drive requires a PCIe x4 (minimum) slot to be available. Full performance is obtained only when using PCIe slots connected to the CPU. Non-CPU PCIe slots may see a decrease of up to 10%. Please see slot configuration recommendations at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/z-turbo-drive.html. Note that graphics cards, Thunderbolt™, and other devices will require PCIe slots.
2. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
3. Source: IDC WW WS Historical Tracker 2015Q2 – 08.05.15
4. Sold separately or as alternate features.
5. Some 3D graphics only available as AMO and are not available on small form factor configurations.
6. HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.
Z240 Tower and SFF Technical footnotes
1. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com
2. This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
3. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
4. For hard drives and solid state drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
5. Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
6. HD content required to view HD images.
7. Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
8. Optional or add-on feature.
9. EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.
10. External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
11. Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
12. HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.