Converged infrastructure for a modern, efficient IT environment
Since 1998 HP has been helping organizations successfully migrate their mainframe environments with a wide range of complexities and mission critical requirements, from small to >80,000 MIPS, with 370,000+ MIPS migrated to-date. Our end-to-end HP solutions offer clear business advantages and a consistently compelling ROI, including:
- Total cost of ownership reduction: normally greater than 50%, with some up to 70% 1
- Low-risk, high-return approach: high-skill migration expertise and proven methodology focused on system rehosting through dedicated Technology Consulting Mainframe Migration Centre of Expertise
- HP services roadmap to successful migration: Strategy/business case/planning/implementation for established results at each phase
- Complete mainframe replacement solution: broad range of servers/software/storage/networking products; end-to-end services for code/data migration, infrastructure, monitoring, systems management, security, printing and quality; and the ability to combine heterogeneous products
- Smoother transition: automated tools/frameworks for easy to configure high-availability environments
- Wide range of HP platforms: to meet customer reliability/availability/scalability (RAS) requirements and price points
- More value for less: > RAS than mainframes at much lower cost/faster time to market enabled by open systems tooling
Learn more on the HP migration approach
By April we had 99 per cent stability; by autumn we had our best reporting status ever: just one stop. We regard it as more stable than the mainframe environment, which we never thought would happen. The mainframe is thought of as the ultimate in stability. The HP solution has so far proven to be even better for us. ”
IT director, MøllerGruppen
No single solution fits all situations, as each organization’s needs and preferences are different. We tailor solutions to suit diverse needs and workloads, offering a wide range of server options and operating systems (e.g. Linux, Microsoft, HP-UX, NonStop) to match your operating system strategy and RAS requirements, including the latest in breakthrough performance, scalability, leading x86 availability and rock-solid reliability with the ProLiant DL580 G8 servers and the ability to move systems requiring 99.999 RAS and near-linear scale up to HP NonStop systems at half the cost of the mainframe environment.
Combined with deep migration expertise, HP covers all critical services including business case creation, analysis & design, code & data migration, testing, project management, HW and SW, infrastructure, support, with quality of service meeting or surpassing SLA’s with high mainframe-class availability.
HP offers a range of migration solutions, but specializes in the highly requested re-hosting approach which is the most requested customer solution due to its low risk/high return nature.
- No business logic change
- Automated migration limits manual intervention mistakes/risks
- Limited impact on developers and operations
- No impact on end users
- No impact on business during migration
- Minimal freeze time
- Fast – average 12 months
HP services roadmap to successful migration