- For Home
- For Business
- This 12-ink HP Designjet, with new HP 73 Chromatic Red ink, delivers long-lasting gallery-quality prints in black-and-white and colour. HP DreamColor Technologies with embedded spectrophotometer1 enable easy calibration and profiling.
- Creative professionals who want to produce accurate gallery-quality black-and-white and color prints easily, consistently, and cost-effectively
- This 12-ink HP Designjet, with HP 73 Chromatic Red ink, delivers long-lasting gallery-quality prints in black and white and color (up to 200 years)1.
- Get superior gloss uniformity and minimize bronzing on most glossy photo papers with HP Gloss Enhancer3.
- Enjoy an expanded color gamut which achieves 95% PANTONE® coverage8 enabled by chromatic red ink.
- Over 50 HP papers, including photo, fine art, coated, and display-graphic printing materials.
- Calibration and profiling are made simple with HP DreamColor Technologies and the embedded spectrophotometer2 which helps you generate custom ICC profiles in-house.
- Create a customized PANTONE® simulation swatchbook5 with HP Professional PANTONE® Emulation.4
- Print rich, dark blacks on matte and glossy papers without swapping ink cartridges.
- Optimize performance and get great ink efficiency6 with automatic servicing routines. An Optical Drop Detector (ODD) prevents nozzle clogging, printing errors, and media waste.
- Efficiency-enhancing features include an HP Embedded Web Server and print previews which mean no trial and error.
1 Image permanence estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab and Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc. based on testing on a range of HP photo, fine art, and specialty papers with Original HP inks. For details, see hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence.
2 Embedded in this HP Designjet Photo Printer is an i1 spectrophotometer from X-Rite. Close collaboration between HP and X-Rite ensures a reliable solution that's been thoroughly tested to meet customer demands for ease, quality, and dependability.
3 Bronzing is minimized as an image-quality issue when HP gloss enhancer is used. HP gloss enhancer can be used on photo paper, with the exception of matte-finish papers.
4 HP Professional PANTONE® Emulation is approved by PANTONE®. The PANTONE® MATCHING SYSTEM and PANTONE® Goe license for the HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer is pending. Learn more at hp.com/go/Z3200/PANTONE.
5 HP Professional PANTONE® Emulation, remote management, queue management, nesting, job submission and storage capabilities, and support for 16-bit TIFF and JPEG files are standard on HP Designjet Z3200ps Photo printers only.
6 Based on internal HP testing, the HP Designjet Z3200 PostScript Photo Printer series utilizes at least 30% less ink during routine maintenance operations versus select printers from other vendors.
7 Visit hp.com/go/Z3200/paperpresets to find paper presets for HP and other commercially available media.
8 95% coverage of PANTONE® MATCHING SYSTEM and PANTONE® Goe System, based on HP internal testing (PANTONE® approval pending). Please visit hp.com/go/Z3200/PANTONE for final results.
- Speed specifications Speed specifications
- Print time color image ISO N5 (best, metric A1 glossy paper):
- 12.4 min/page
- Print time color image ISO N5 (normal metric A1 glossy paper):
- 7.2 min/page
- Print time color image ISO N5 (draft, A1 coated paper):
- 2 min/page
- Print time color image ISO N5 (normal metric A1 coated paper):
- 3.8 min/page
- Memory, standard:
- 256 MB
- Hard disk:
- Standard, 80 GB
- Print quality (best)
Color: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Black: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
- Print technology:
- HP Thermal Inkjet
- Number of print cartridges:
- 12 (blue, green, magenta, red, yellow, gray, photo black, matte black, light cyan, light gray, light magenta, gloss enhancer)
- Compatible ink types:
- Non-printable area (cut-sheet):
- 5 x 17 x 5 x 5 mm
- Guaranteed minimum line width:
- 0.056 mm (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))
- Line accuracy:
- +/- 0.2%
- Color accuracy:
- Median < 1.6 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.8 dE2000
- Color stability:
- < 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes
- Print repeatability:
- Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000
- Maximum optical density (black)
- 4 L* min/2.5 D (with HP Premium Instant Dry Photo Gloss media with Original HP inks)
- Finished output handling:
- Sheet feed
- roll feed
- media bin
- automatic cutter (cuts all media except canvas)
- Media types:
- Photographic, proofing, fine art printing material, self-adhesive, banner and sign, bond and coated, film, backlit, fabric/textile
- Media weights, recommended:
- 500 g/m²
- Media sizes, custom:
- 210 x 279 to 1118 x 1676 mm
- Roll external diameter:
- 135 mm
- Media thickness:
- Up to 31.5 mil
- HP ePrint capability:
- Print languages:
- Adobe PostScript 3
- Adobe PDF 1.6
- HP PCL 3 GUI
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Power consumption:
- < 170 watts (printing), < 31 watts (ready), < 12 watts (< 30 watts with embedded Digital Front End) (sleep), 0.1 watts (off)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 5 to 40° C
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- One-year limited hardware warranty backed by HP Customer Care, service and support; one-year technical phone support. For additional information Contact HP
- What's in the box:
- HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer
- introductory ink cartridges
- Original HP media roll
- printer stand
- rear tray
- 3-in core adapter
- quick reference guide
- setup poster
- USB cable
- power cord
- HP Start-up kit including printer software
- Software included:
- Printer drivers
- HP Printer Utility including HP Color Center
Rate & Review HP Designjet Z3200 44-in PostScript Photo Printer
( average / RATINGS / RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review