- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 3800 Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- The HP 3800 Switch Series provides performance, resiliency and flexibility, and ease of use for enterprise edge, and SMB and branch office deployments. Based on a powerful HP Networking ASIC, the switch has low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption.
Mesh stacking technology delivers modular chassis-like resiliency in stackable1U form factor. The HP 3800 Switch Series has a robust Layer 3 feature set with IPv6, IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and OSPF, can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) and is SDN ready with OpenFlow support.
- Layer 3 switch with high performance meshed stacking, resiliency and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch offices.
- Mesh stacking with up to five switches or up to ten with ring topology.
- 10GbE uplinks (SFP+, 10GBASE-T), PoE+, and modular stacking.
- Up to 1080W PoE+.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support.
Performance, Resiliency and SDN Ready for the Campus Edge
- The HP 3800 Switch Series provides performance, resiliency and flexibility, and ease of use for enterprise edge, and SMB and branch office deployments.
- Full Layer 3 switch series for flexible deployment with 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports plus convenient built-in 10GbE uplinks (10GBASE-T or SFP+), PoE+, Energy Efficient Ethernet, and hot swappable redundant power supplies.
- Mesh stacking technology delivers modular chassis-like resiliency in stackable1U form factor with optional stacking modules.
- License free software with advanced Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and IPv4/IPv6 OSPF and robust QoS.
- Software-defined Network (SDN) ready with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
Mesh Stacking and Power at the Edge
- The HP 3800 Switch Series uses a powerful HP Networking ASIC providing very low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption.The HP 3800 Switch Series uses a powerful HP Networking ASIC providing very low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption.
- Meshed stacking technology delivers high-performance stacking with up to 336 Gb/s of stacking throughput and increased resiliency.
- Up to ten 3800 switches can be stacked in a ring topology or up to five can be stacking in a mesh topology.
- Selectable queue configurations enables increased performance by selecting the number of queues and associated memory buffering that best meet the requirements of the network applications.
Resiliency and High Availability
- The HP 3800 Switch Series supports virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP) allowing groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available router environments in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Uninterrupted switching and routing for improved support of applications such as unified communications and enhanced L3 high availability.
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies provide uninterrupted power and allow swapping of modules on the fly to reduce impact on the network availability. Provides up to 1080W PoE+ power.
Robust Security and Quality of Service
- The HP 3800 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances.
- Flexible authentication options include Local MAC Authentication, 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication modes, delivering greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, to manage end-to-end application priorities.
- Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH to increase security and control change management access.
- The HP 3800 Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) software to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- 48 10/100/1000 ports, maximum, or 24 SFP 100/1000 Mbps ports
- 4 1000/10000 SFP+ or 4 10GBASE-T ports, maximum
- PoE/PoE+ on selected models
- 130.9 Mpps, maximum, depending on model
- Switching capacity:
- 176 Gbps, maximum, depending on model
- PoE capability:
- 1080 W PoE+, maximum, depending on model
- Stacking capabilities:
- 10 switches, maximum, depending on configuration
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- Web browser
- configuration menu
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports