- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- The HP 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office access layer deployments. A powerful HP Networking ASIC delivers low latency, more packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption to this robust Basic Layer 3 switch that supports modular stacking, 10GbE, RIP routing, PoE+, ACLs, sFlow and IPv6.
The HP 2920 Switch Series can be managed with the optional HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) software for a single view of your entire network and is ready for the Software-defined Network (SDN) with OpenFlow support.
- High performance Gigabit Ethernet switching for enterprise edge, SMB and branch offices with stacking, static & RIP routing, IPv6, ACLs and sFlow.
- Modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T).
- Removable and upgradeable power supplies for up to 1440W PoE+.
- Software-defined Network (SDN) Ready with OpenFlow support.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phones support.
Flexible, Scalable and SDN Ready Access Layer Switches
- The HP 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office access layer deployments.
- Cost-effective pay as you grow modular stacking, support for up to four 10GBASE-T (or SFP+) links and upgradeable power supplies allow your network to quickly scale when needed.
- Robust Basic Layer 3 feature set includes static and RIP routing, PoE+, ACLs, sFlow, IPv6 and requires no software licensing.
- Software-defined Network (SDN) enabled with OpenFlow support for your network.
High Performance and Power at the Edge
- The HP 2920 Switch Series is designed with a powerful HP Networking ASIC, providing low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption so the network can support the media-rich, bandwidth intensive applications your business depends on.
- Increase performance with selectable queue configurations and associated memory buffering that meets your network application requirements.
- With up to 740W of internal PoE+ power, the 2920 Switch Series can easily scale to 1440 Watts with a simple connection to an external power supply (EPS) or redundant power supply (RPS).
- Plug and play stacking with automated failover enhances network resiliency and RPS support delivers power redundancy.
- Efficient 80plus.org Silver Grade Power Supplies, Energy Efficient Ethernet and LLDP-MED conserve energy resources. Removable power supplies reduce downtime during upgrades and servicing.
Security and Quality of Service You Can Rely On
- The HP 2920 Switch Series includes security and quality of services features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances and help protect your data from both inside and outside attacks.
- Flexible authentication options include standards based security protocols such as 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication, to enhance security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Powerful multilevel-access security controls include source-port filtering, RADIUS/TACACS+, SSL, Port Security, and MAC address lockout.
Simplify with a Single View of the Network
- The HP 2920 Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with the optional HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software to provide end-to-end network transparency with a consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.
- Out-of-band Ethernet management port keeps management traffic segmented from your network data traffic.
- 44 10/100/1000 ports, 4 dual-personality 10/100/1000 ports, 2 module slots
- PoE+ on selected models
- 130.9 Mpps, maximum, depending on model
- Switching capacity:
- 176 Gbps, maximum, depending on model
- PoE capability:
- 740 W PoE+, maximum, depending on model
- Stacking capabilities:
- 4 switches
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- Web browser
- configuration menu
- out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
- SNMP Manager
- in-line and out-of-band
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or Micro USB)
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports