- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 2920 Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 2920 Switch Series consists of five switches: the HP 2920-24G and 2920-24G-PoE+ Switches with 24 10/100/1000 ports, and the HP 2920-48G and 2920-48G-PoE+ and 2920-48G 740W PoE+ Switches with 48 10/100/1000 ports. Each switch has four dual-personality ports for 10/100/1000 or SFP connectivity.
In addition, the 2920 switch series supports up to four optional 10 Gigabit Ethernet (SFP+ and/or 10GBASE-T) ports, as well as a two-port stacking module. These options provide you with flexible and easy-to-deploy uplinks and stacking.
Together with static and RIP routing, robust security and management, enterprise-class features, free lifetime warranty, and free software updates, the HP 2920 Switch Series is a cost-effective, scalable solution for customers who are building high-performance networks. These switches can be deployed at the enterprise edge, in remote branch offices, and in converged networks.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p): allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Rate limiting: sets per-port ingress enforced maximums and per-port, per-queue minimums
- Large buffers: provide graceful congestion management
- Flexible 10 Gb/s Ethernet connectivity: up to four optional 10-Gigabit ports (SFP+ and/or 10GBASE-T)
- Two-port stacking module with up to 40 Gb/s per port: optional two-port stacking module allows stacking of up to four switch units into a single virtual device
- Auto-MDIX: provides automatic adjustments for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports
- IPv6: IPv6 host: allows the switches to be managed and deployed at the edge of IPv6 networks. Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6): provides transition mechanism from IPv4 to IPv6; supports connectivity for both protocols. MLD snooping: forwards IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface; prevents IPv6 multicast traffic from flooding the network.
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+): provides up to 30 W per port that allows support of the latest PoE+-capable devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, as well as any IEEE 802.3af-compliant end device; eliminates the cost of additional electrical cabling and circuits that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments
- Energy-efficient design: High-efficiency power supplies: 80 PLUS Silver Certified power supply increases power savings. Energy-efficient Ethernet (EEE) support: reduces power consumption in accordance with IEEE 802.3az.
- HP ProVision ASIC architecture: is designed with the latest HP ProVision ASIC, providing very low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption
- Selectable queue configurations: allows for increased performance by selecting the number of queues and associated memory buffering that best meet the requirements of the network applications
- OpenFlow: is a key technology that enables software-defined networking by allowing the separation of data (packet forwarding) and control (routing decision) paths
- Management features:
- HP PCM+
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- Web browser
- configuration menu
- out-of-band management (RJ-45 Ethernet)
- SNMP Manager
- in-line and out-of-band
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or Micro USB)
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports