- For Home
- For Business
- Print from anywhere in your office with a full-featured, wireless MFP.3 Easily copy, scan, fax, and share resources—and connect PCs and mobile devices to the Internet with the built-in wireless hotspot.1 Plug and print with HP Smart Install4.
- Everyday office printing, copying, scanning, and faxing, plus wireless printing3 and Internet access for PCs and mobile devices.1
Do more with wireless printing and Internet access.
- Gain wireless printing3 and Internet connectivity for your office.1
- Print high-quality documents with crisp, clear Chinese and Indian fonts, using Original HP print cartridges.
- Send and receive faxes from your PC, using the 33.6 kbps fax.
- Print documents at up to 19 ppm letter/18 ppm A4.5 Start printing fast with HP Instant-on Technology.
Save time with quick setup and printing.
- Install your MFP fast—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.4
- Set up and start printing fast with an easy-to-use control panel. Copy a two-sided ID onto one page.
- Save time with Original HP toner cartridges that are easy to install and reliable.
- Easily set up wireless Internet access to connect PCs and mobile devices in your office.1
Print with ease from mobile devices.
- HP ePrint—now print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.2
- Print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®, using AirPrint™.6
- Easily print from mobile devices—without a network—using wireless direct printing.7
- Connect the MFP directly to your PC via the included Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.
Reduce your impact and protect your bottom line.
- Conserve energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology,8 Instant-on Technology,9 and Instant-on Copy.10
- Preinstalled cartridges decrease packaging. Recycle easily with HP Planet Partners.11
- Get the services, solutions, software, and support of HP Total Care.
1 Built-in wireless Internet connectivity is available on M1218nfs only, and requires an Internet service provider. Feature works with any wireless-capable device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections. Supports up to eight wireless connections simultaneously.
2 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
3 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
4 HP Smart Install works with Windows® only.
5 After first set of ISO test pages. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims.
6 Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPad® 2, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later). Works with HP's AirPrint-enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as your iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint, the AirPrint logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
7 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require driver or apps, available for download at http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
8 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
9 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
10 Compared with products that use cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
11 Program availability varies. HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print, copy, scan, fax, hotspot
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 18 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8.5 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 8000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
250 to 2000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi (1200 dpi effective)
- Print languages:
- 2-line LCD
- Processor speed:
- 400 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, HP wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Hotspot
- Connectivity, standard:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100Base-T Ethernet network port, RJ-11 Telephone port, Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Connectivity, optional:
- Minimum system requirements
Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2003: 1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 700 MB free hard disk space, SVGA 800 x 600 with 16-bit color display, Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, USB or Ethernet port;
Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G3, G4, G5, or Intel processors; 1 GB RAM; 200 MB available hard disk space; CD-ROM drive; USB or network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2003
- Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7
- Linux (see http://www.hplip.net)
- Memory card compatibility:
- Memory, standard:
- 64 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 64 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 150-sheet input tray, 35-sheet automatic document feeder
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 100-sheet face-down bin
- Duplex printing:
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; ISO B5; ISO C5; ISO C5/6; ISO C6; ISO DL; 16K; European postcard; J postcard (Hagaki); J double postcard (Oufuku Hagaki)
- Media sizes, custom:
- 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (plain, laser), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cardstock, postcards
- Media weights, supported:
- 60 to 163 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- JPEG, TIF (compressed and uncompressed), PDF, GIF, BMP
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 1200 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
Up to 7.4 ppm (b&w), up to 3 ppm (color)
(Scan speeds measured from ADF. Actual processing speeds may vary depending on scan resolution, network conditions, computer performance, and application software. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 35 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan to E-mail; scan to application; scan to file (all from PC only)
- File formats, supported:
- Copy speed (normal)
- Black:Up to 18 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 400 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics):
- Up to 600 x 400 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 33.6 kbps
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 500 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 100 numbers
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Operating temperature range:
- 10 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 10 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 435 x 265 x 306 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 435 x 365 x 306 mm
- 8.3 kg
- Package weight:
- 10.8 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP
- power cord(s)
- phone cord(s)
- 150-sheet input tray
- output tray
- introductory HP Black LaserJet toner cartridge (~700 pages)
- Hotspot Installation Guide
- Installation Guide
- support flyer
- Errata sheet
- Discovery Sheet
- Ferrite with flyer
- Warranty Guide (where applicable)
- CD(s) with software and documentation
- USB cable
- Cable included:
- Yes, 1 USB
- Software included:
- Host-based print drivers, TWAIN, WIA, Scan-To application, XPS driver, Mac driver, Send Fax, Toolbox, Wireless config utility
- One-year limited warranty
- Related links
- Technical Support / Manuals
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
• Reduce energy use with HP Instant-on Copy.[eco02]
• Reduce clutter and waste—scan, store, and share documents digitally.
[eco01]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off Technology capabilities subject to printer and settings.
[eco02]Compared with products that use cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP HotSpot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP
( average / RATINGS / RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review