Struggling with optimizing a range of application workload types while keeping down costs? Then you should take a closer look at how HP is leveraging solid state storage technologies and solid state drives (SSDs) to deliver cost savings and increased IT efficiency.
HP solid state storage leadership
- HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage—First high-end storage platform with sub-LUN auto-tiering to SSDs
- HP StoreVirtual VSA—First VM-based virtual storage appliance in the industry with shared VM access to SSDs
- HP LeftHand P4900 Storage—First SSD-based, scale-out and federated midrange storage system
Compared to spinning media, solid state storage and future non-volatile memory technologies offer performance benefits, reduced footprint and significant power and cooling savings. However, they can also be extremely disruptive—introducing a completely new storage design into your existing environment and giving you yet another storage island to manage.
HP takes a systematic approach that removes this problem—considering the application workflow from servers to disk systems. We offer:
- SSDs in our storage and server platforms
- Programs to automate the movement of data from storage to servers to take advantage of host-side caching technologies
- SSD-optimized systems built with HP 3PAR software
With an eye toward the future, we have deep research within HP Labs focused on next-generation, non-volatile memory technologies that overcome many of the gaps that exist in the current crop of flash startups.
Products:HP 3PAR StoreServ StorageHP StoreVirtual Storage
More information:View all documents for solid state technology
Learn more:HP 3PAR StoreServ 10000 Storage QuickSpecs documentHP 3PAR StoreServ Storage Adaptive Optimization White Paper (PDF, 931 KB)
Effortless. Efficient. Bulletproof. Futureproof.