- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- The HP 8200 zl Switch Series provides performance and resilience for enterprise edge and small core deployments. This series, with a 1 Tbps backplane, offers redundant management, fabric, and power modules.
The 8200 zl Switch Series has flexible connectivity options, PoE+, and a robust Layer 3 feature set with no software licensing. Designed with a purpose-built HP Networking ASIC, the 8200 zl Switch Series delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement, supports virtualization with HP AllianceOne solutions, and is Software-defined Network (SDN) ready with OpenFlow support.
- Modular Layer 3 switch with redundant management, fabric, and power supplies for enterprise edge and small core deployments.
- Flexible connectivity with 10GBASE-T, SFP+, PoE+, and combo modules.
- Versatile HP AllianceOne modules for UC&C and virtualization.
- Software-defined Network (SDN) ready with OpenFlow support.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support.
Performance, Resilience, and SDN Ready for the Campus Network
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series provides performance and resilience for enterprise edge and small core deployments. These switches offer redundant management, fabric and power modules, robust Layer 3 feature set including IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and IPv4/IPv6 OSPF with no software licensing.
Purpose-built HP Networking ASIC delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement. This hardware-based control of access and traffic allows protection, detection and response to network threats with no network performance degradation.
6 or 12 slot chassis with flexible connectivity support for 1/10/100GbE and 10GbE Ethernet (10GBASE-T and SFP+), and PoE+.
Virtualization with versatile HP AllianceOne service modules.
SDN ready with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
Redundant Management, Fabric, and Power Modules
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series supports redundant management, fabric, and power modules for enhanced system availability and continuity of operations.
Nonstop switching improves network availability to better support critical applications such as unified communications and mobility because the interface and fabric modules continue switching traffic during failover from active to the standby management module.
Nonstop routing enhances Layer 3 high availability. OSPFv2/v3 and VRRP continue to operate and route network traffic during failover.
Redundant fan design and hot-swapable fan tray provides continuity of operation in case of a single fan failure.
Security and Quality of Service (QoS)
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series includes security and QoS features so your network can more securely deliver the performance your users require.
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series supports flexible authentication options include Local MAC, 802.1X, and MAC and Web for enhanced policy-driven application security.
Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, to manage end-to-end application priorities.
Powerful multilevel access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH to enhance security and control change management access.
Defend the edge of your IPv6 Network with DHCPv6 Protection and Dynamic IPv6 Lockdown.
Single View of the Network
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance, and policy management.
RMON, XRMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
- (12) open module slots maximum pre-configured models, some with PoE/PoE+, also available
- 739 Mpps maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 993.6 Gbps maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Switch fabric speed:
- 1.1 Tbps maximum, depending on model and configuration
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- Command-line interface
- Web browser
- Configuration menu
- Out-of-band management (serial RS-232c)
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are the HP's recommended retail prices at the time of publication and include applicable taxes. Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers set out herein may change without prior notice and are applicable for Malaysia only. Prices are only indicative and are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers set out herein may vary from reseller prices and offers.