The challenges of an evolving industry
Much like the evolution occurring in the treatment of health-related illnesses and injuries, the technology empowering the administration of healthcare continues to evolve as well. As the largest provider of healthcare information technology (IT) services in the world, HP helps government healthcare agencies lead that evolution.
Government healthcare providers, payers, promoters, and administrators - both civilian and military - are trusted to provide a patient or citizen-centered focus on quality care, service , and public health and welfare while remaining ever vigilant in regard to the costs. Efficiencies can and must be achieved. In such an information rich environment, technology plays a vital role. HP helps organizations improve business and health outcomes through the capture, management, and integration of information.
Our extensive portfolio of products, solutions, services, and partnerships enable public sector health organizations to improve care, advance public health, lower costs, speed innovation, and function more efficiently.
Comprehensive technology solutions to improve outcomes
HP’s solutions, services, and systems address critical goals of lower costs, improved care, and greater efficiency. Our deep health IT knowledge is coupled with expertise in applied innovation and both the administrative and clinical sides of healthcare IT. We offer a comprehensive range of services including:
Business & Clinical Applications and Operations
- Applications management, modernization and maintenance, as well as custom applications development
- Claims processing, and business process outsourcing (BPO)
- Detection and reduction of fraud, waste and abuse
- Logistics and supply chain improvements
Interoperability & Information Exchange Solutions Healthcare informatics and analytics
- Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) Services and integration
- Business intelligence/Data warehousing
- Electronic health records
- Datacenter consolidation, and managed applications and infrastructure hosting
- Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO)
- Service desk and enterprise-wide deployment of IT solutions
- Data security & privacy, and identity & access management
Investing in innovation for federal healthcare agencies
The Advanced Federal Healthcare Innovation Lab (AFHIL) is an HP investment for the purpose of researching, testing, prototyping, and demonstrating ideas and solutions within the federal healthcare community. The lab provides hyper-focused infrastructure, applications, and business process (Health Informatics) innovations in technologies, processes, and clinical and administrative workflows that are specifically relevant to our clients. In developing these solutions, HP and our partners are able to demonstrate innovation that works within the context of client environments enabling our continued and enhanced contributions to federal healthcare IT.
With evolving business models, technology advancements, and a changing workforce, innovation is necessary to enable us to most effectively keep up with global market challenges and trends.
At HP, we are committed to providing federal healthcare agencies with the best industry insight and leading edge technology experience. Learn more about how IT innovation can help your organization deliver the best quality of healthcare to citizens.
HP’s experience in U.S. Federal Government healthcare includes:
- More than 40 years of supporting the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), including systems applications maintenance, development and modernization, and data center consolidation and hosting,. Moreover, HP subsidiaries provide Medicare claims processing services, as well as detect and reduce fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Supporting U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with applications design and development services.
- Supporting the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Military Health Systems organization with its IT infrastructure, applications and service desk.
- Providing IT infrastructure support to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, as well as applications support to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
- Maintaining the largest archive of personnel, manpower, training, and financial data within the DoD through a database of more than 27 million records.
- Maintaining the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System, which verifies the medical eligibility of more than 35 million DoD beneficiaries.
Public Sector Horizontal Solutions