The Cloud has dramatically altered the relationship between IT and business by setting a new standard in service provisioning and consumption. Business users are becoming consumers and expect applications and services that are instantly available, easy-to-use, mobile and that provide a clear competitive advantage.
Enterprise IT and Service providers can become hybrid service providers by:
- On-boarding efficiently public cloud services
- Managing the lifecycle of composite, hybrid applications
- Building private clouds for development testing and production environments
We’ve identified 5 key capabilities that the next generation IT organization will have to embrace.
- It starts with Service Portfolio Governance - the processes of governing, publishing, and managing the portfolio of hybrid services
- Ensure the rapid delivery of composite, cloud-ready applications
- These applications then need to be deployed in an automated fashion
- Deploy applications on the right mix of infrastructure
- IT needs to assure and secure the service until the application is retired
HP Cloud Management and Security solutions, part of the IT Performance Suite, are a combination of market-leading technologies used by more than 50 000 customers worldwide.
Their lifecycle approach helps your cloud and traditional IT services deliver the quality, performance, availability, security, and, ultimately, the value your enterprise demands. These solutions include:
HP IT Financial Management and Project Portfolio Management
Establish the cost of services and account for IT spend and plan your IT portfolio to align price and performance with your enterprise objectives. Enable a controlled on-boarding of public cloud services.
HP Cloud Application Delivery and HP Application Security Testing
Deliver higher quality, more scalable, more secure cloud-ready applications; identify, contain and prevent security vulnerabilities in both source code and live applications.
HP Cloud Service Automation
Offers role-based portals, application and infrastructure provisioning for private cloud, public cloud, and hybrid IT services.
HP Business Service Management
Monitor and assure the performance and availability of private cloud, public cloud and traditional IT services from a single pane of glass.
Enterprise HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management
Intelligently identify and mitigate cyber threat and risk through complete visibility and insight into IT infrastructure and application events.
HP Hybrid Delivery Services
Offer three sets of services from Strategic Advisory, Solutions Consulting Services to Software implementation services.
Cloudcast series: an in-depth look into the five key capabilities