HP Mobile Printing
Step 1Select your device Modify
Step 2Network connection Modify
Step 3Location of printer Modify
First, pick your device and we'll show you how
- iPod touch®
- All AndroidTM–based devices
- HP Slate devices
- Windows 8 tablets
- Microsoft Surface
- HP Elitepads
- Google Chrome
- Chrome OS
- Kindle Fire HDX
- Kindle Fire HD
Can't find your smartphone or tablet? Check out our support page
Find your perfect HP printer
Browse some of our favourite HP printers that make mobile printing a breeze.See all HP wireless printers
HP Envy 4520
- Print, copy, scan, wireless, photo printing.
- Automatic (standard) 2 sided printing.
- 100-sheet input tray.
- 5.5cm Touchscreen Mono LCD.
HP Envy 5640
- Save time, paper and money with automatic two-sided printing.
- View photos, print and access HP Print Apps easily from the touchscreen.
HP OfficeJet 4650
- Print borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-quality documents right in your home.
- Quickly fax, scan, and copy multipage documents with the 35-page automatic document feeder.
- Intuitive 5.5cm touchscreen display.
HP Officejet Pro 6830
- Print speeds up to 18 ppm black-and-white and 10 ppm colour.6
- Print eye-catching, color marketing materials for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers.7
- Keep business moving with mobile printing and NFC touch-to-print technology and wireless direct.8
HP Officejet Pro 8610
- Print speeds up to 19 ppm black-and-white and 14.5 ppm colour.6
- Produce professional-quality documents at half the cost per page of colour lasers.7
- Steamline and speed up your workflow with proactive manageability and time-saving features.
HP Officejet Pro X576dw MFP
- Print speeds up to 70 ppm in general office mode.
- Delivers professional quality prints at up to half the cost of laser.7
- Tap and swipe the intuitive 4.3-inch colour touchscreen to print, copy, scan, fax, and send digital files.5
Get more from mobile printing
Always be ready to print
Receive alerts when your ink and toner levels are low and easily reorder with the free HP SureSupply app.4
One app, all the features
The HP All-in-One Printer Remote app puts the control in your hands, helping you remotely monitor and order supplies, transform your single-function printer into an MFP that scans and copies, and easily capture and upload documents to the cloud.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The Information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Warranties for HP products and services are set out in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. In addition, our products and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Law. Subject to the foregoing, nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
* Estimated New Zealand retail prices. Actual prices may vary.
1. Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection prior to printing. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an internet connection. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area.
2. Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
3. Compared with HP 564 ink cartridges. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies. High-capacity cartridges not included; please purchase separately.
4. Compatible with Android 2.0 and later operating systems, and iOS 4.3 and later operating systems. Mobile device and printer must be connected to the same network to access approximate cartridge levels. iOS devices must have app open to receive alerts. Retailer availability and participation may vary by country.
5. Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
6. After first set of ISO test pages. For more information, see hp.com/go/printerclaims.
7. HP Officejet Pro X and Officejet Pro 6000 and 8600 series: Cost Per Page (CPP) claim is based on comparing the majority of colour laser MFPs <$1000 AUD RRP sold between July 2013 & June 2014 as reported by IDC. CPP comparisons relate to HP 970XL/971XL series cartridges and are based on manufacturers published AUD RRP and ISO yields for highest capacity cartridges. For more information see www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Follow the steps below to determine if you can connect to the same wireless network as your printer
Find out the name of the network your printer is on
From the front display of your printer, select the wireless button to show the name of the network, aka SSID that the printer is connected to.
Connect your mobile device to the same network as your printer
From your mobile device, go to your Wi-Fi settings, find and connect to the same network and you are ready to print.
Unable to connect to the printer's network?
If your printer is not network connected or you cannot access the printer's network, you may still be able to connect directly to your printer via HP wirless direct with your mobile device.
Need more help? Check out the FAQs for mobile printing on devices