HP Unveils New Fleet of Business-driven PCs
SHANGHAI -- HP todayexpanded its industry-leading computing portfolio with more than 30new products engineered to address the design, reliability,security and performance demands of end users and IT departmentsacross businesses of all sizes.
Among the productsannounced are:
- New UltrabookTM systems for business—including the HP EliteBookFolio 9470m, HP’s first no-compromise Ultrabook for businessusers—which deliver the style and simplicity users demand, combinedwith security and manageability to help businesses keep control oftheir IT.
HP today expanded its industry-leading business computingportfolio with more than 30 new products – including the HPEliteBook Folio 9470m, designed from the ground up for businessusers who crave the sleek portability of an Ultrabook with thereliability IT demands.
- HP EliteBook p-series notebooks that are designed to MIL-STD810G testing for vibration, dust, altitude, temperature anddrops.(1) The new series features the HP EliteBook2170p, the smallest, lightest HP business notebook, as well as newadditions to the highly configurable HP ProBook b-series and theredesigned HP ProBook s-series.
- Four desktop PC series—the HP Compaq Pro 4300 Business Desktopand All-in-One PC, the HP Compaq Pro 6300 and the HP Compaq Elite8300— balancing secure manageability, flexibility and trustedreliability.
- New commercial displays, including the HP Compaq L2206tmmultitouch-enabled monitor and the HP Compaq LA2405x LED backlitmonitor.
- New software solutions, including HP PremierImage(2) for a cleaner, faster user experience withstreamlined deployment and HP BIOS Protection,(3) whichoffers hardware-level protection against virus attacks and othersecurity threats to meet National Institute of Standards andTechnology (NIST) guidelines.
“Our business customerstoday are challenged not only with competitive and economicpressures, but also an onslaught of IT-based issues such as theconsumerization of IT and the management of exponential datagrowth,” said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager,Commercial Client Segment, HP. “With innovative, reliable hardwaredesigns and predictive software technologies, these additions toHP’s award-winning commercial product portfolio make it easier forcustomers to keep their businesses running securely andefficiently.”
On-the-goproductivity, durability and reliability
Designed from the ground up for business users, the HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook combines the sleek,lightweight design users crave with the business features andreliability IT demands. Measuring 19 millimeters thin and weighingin at just over 3.5 pounds,(4) this 14-inch diagonalUltrabook offers enterprise-class docking capabilities and securityfeatures, and boots quickly from sleep.
In addition to a full arrayof ports and connectivity options for built-in 4G wireless WAN,Ethernet, VGA, DisplayPort and USB 3.0, the Ultrabook offers theoption for a secondary battery that provides extended runtime.(5) The HP EliteBook Folio features long lifecycles and stable, consistent images, making it easy to buy anddeploy. The Ultrabook is also available in consistent globalconfigurations that allow for product standardization in up to 151countries as a part of the HP Global Series Program.
The sleek HP SpectreXT Pro Ultrabook and HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook also deliver Windows® 7Professional(6) for business productivity, providing ananswer to the “consumerization of IT” trend. The HP SpectreXT Prooffers an embedded TPM security chip that protects data in email aswell as information on the solid state drive for security-conscioususers. All three Ultrabooks also feature optional a-band wirelesscapabilities(7) and optional three-year limitedwarranties.
The HP EliteBook 2170p is the company’s smallest andlightest-weight business notebook. Ideal for road warriors, the new11.6-inch diagonal notebook weighs in under 2.9 pounds, yet stillsupports enterprise-class connectivity, security and managementfeatures. With up to nine hours of battery life,(5) theHP EliteBook 2170p is also compatible with the common dockingstations used across the HP business notebook portfolio for maximumefficiency.
The new HP EliteBook 2570p steps up to a 12.5-inch-diagonalhigh-definition (HD)(8) display and also packs anoptical drive and extensive connectivity options, including 4Gwireless WAN for LTE(9) for no-compromise ultraportableproductivity. Also new today, the HP 2570p Docking Station and along-life battery support the HP EliteBook 2570p with advancedfeatures for maximum productivity.
The HP EliteBook 8470p and 8570p premier business notebooks offer business-criticaldurability, manageability and security features as well as expandedbattery options, including an HP EliteBook 8470p configuration thatdelivers the best industry battery life—up to 36 hours of run timeon a single charge when combined with the optional HP UltraExtended Life Notebook Battery.(10) The notebooksrespectively tout 14- or 15.6-inch diagonal displays and deliversmooth audio quality from SRS Premium Sound PRO, which is availableacross the HP EliteBook p-series for crisp, powerful sound directlyfrom the notebook.
All of the new HPEliteBooks also employ HP’s design framework, which embodies atimeless construction. Precision-engineered durability features aredesigned with the environment in mind, and the four systems alsosport third-generation Intel® Core™ processors(11) forgreat performance and long battery life.
The new, highlyconfigurable HP ProBook b-series mainstream notebook PCs offer 14-or 15.6-inch diagonal displays with UMA or discrete graphics.Protected by a durable case with a wear-resistant tungsten-coloredfinish, the HP ProBook b-series also helps keeps data safe with theHP 3D DriveGuard,(12) which helps the notebookswithstand the bumps common with mobile use. Intel vProTechnology(13) provides enhanced IT manageabilitycapabilities on the HP ProBook 6470b and 6570b, and the HP ProBook 6475b delivers the latest AMD technology foraffordable business productivity.
Sporting a new industrialdesign, the HP ProBook s-series notebook PCs provide easy-to-use securityfor small and medium businesses, combined with an aluminum casingthat strengthens the exterior. Measuring 13.3 to 17.3 inchesdiagonally, the notebooks offer multimedia capabilities forvideoconferencing in the office and entertainment consumption afterhours in both Intel and AMD-based configurations.
Designed to enhance HPnotebook platforms and business productivity, HP is debuting arange of new business notebook accessories. HP Docking Stations andHP Advanced Docking Stations offer expansive connectivity for atrue desktop experience, with convenient port replication, USB 2.0and 3.0 compatibility, battery charging, and an upgrade bay foradditional storage.(14)
HP Port Replicators enablequick access to USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices and expand productivitywith a connection to one or two external displays—all through asingle USB cable.(14) New wireless and USB keyboards andmice also stylishly complement HP notebook platforms and helpcreate a total workspace solution at the desk.
Flexible desktopsolutions for increased business productivity
The latest all-in-one desktop solution for businesses, the HPCompaq Pro 4300 All-in-One is HP’s most space-efficient commercialall-in-one built for business-class performance with the latest PCtechnologies. The versatile design is equipped to collaborate withmultimedia-rich features and impressive graphics, as well as smartconnectivity enhancements like a serial port and expandablestorage, including solid state and self-encrypting hard drives. Itfeatures a 20-inch diagonal, LED backlit display and is powered bythird-generation Intel Core processors(11) and Intel HDGraphics.
Ideal for small businesses,the space-saving HP Compaq Pro 4300 Small Form Factor Desktop PCoffers the latest Intel processors backed by affordable,business-class quality and reliability.
The HP Compaq Pro 6300Series offers proven technologies combined with the right blend ofexpansion capabilities and deployment options. The latest Intelprocessors and integrated Intel HD Graphics in two chassis optionsalso provide optimal performance. All of the new HP businessdesktops also feature a choice of optional discrete graphicssolutions from AMD and NVIDIA.
HP’s top-of-the-linecommercial tower PCs, the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Series, incorporates the latestmanagement, security and expansion with a premium supportexperience through the unique HP Elite service program. A broad portfolio of availablechassis options and the latest Intel processors are designed tomatch the needs and deployment scenarios of businesses.
Designed for high-traffic,customer-facing areas and users who benefit from multi-touchcapabilities, the new HP Compaq L2206tm 21.5-inch diagonal LED backlit monitorfeatures optical touch performance with three sensors foron-the-spot touch recognition. The display supports finger input orpassive stylus input for improved precision in drawing andhandwriting applications, plus height, tilt and pivotadjustments.
The HP Compaq LA2405x monitor delivers 24-inch-diagonalhigh-quality viewing and comfort-focused height, tilt, swivel andpivot adjustments. Smart connectivity and brushed-aluminum designaccents complement the design of HP’s business desktops, and thewidescreen display offers full HD(8) 1,920 x 1,200resolution screen with LED technology that enables a thinnerprofile and solid-state reliability.
ProfessionalInnovations for a simplified, secure computing experience
HP business PCs incorporate an array of hardware featuresand software solutions designed to enhance security, improve easeof use, and help ensure reliability while keeping the environmentin mind. The new HP Premier Image(2) includes the fullsuite of HP EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection,while eliminating trial-ware and other distractions. The cleanerimage eases business PC IT deployment, management and support.
HP also includesmultilayered client security features that safeguard data, devicesand user identities. The latest addition to the HP Client Securityportfolio is HP BIOS Protection,(3) which offershardware-level protection against virus attacks and other securitythreats. An advanced set of security policies alert IT tounauthorized changes to the system BIOS, detects possiblecorruption or attack, and then automatically reverts to afunctional state to help prevent data loss, reduce downtime andlower IT support costs.
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m is expected to be available inOctober.
- The HP SpectreXT Pro Ultrabook and HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook startat $1,049 and $849, respectively, and are expected to be availablein June.
- The HP EliteBook 2170p and HP EliteBook 2570p start at $999 and$1,099, respectively, and are expected to be available on June 22.The HP EliteBook 8470p and 8570p start at $899 and are expected tobe available on June 4.
- The HP ProBook 6470b and 6570b start at $769, the HP ProBook6475b starts at $669 and the HP ProBook s-series starts at $589.All three HP ProBook series are expected to be available on June4.
- The HP Compaq Pro 4300 All-in-One is expected to be availablein Asia on June 22, and in the Americas this fall. The HP CompaqElite 8300 and HP Compaq Pro 6300 start at $679 and $579,respectively, and are expected to be available on June 4. The HPCompaq Pro 4300 SFF starts at $499 and is expected to be availableon July 9.
- The HP Compaq LA2405x starts at $269 and is expected to beavailable on May 9. The HP Compaq L2206tm starts at $279 and isexpected to be available on June 4.
The company also unveilednew Ultrabooks, consumer PCs and business computing and printing solutions, demonstrating its commitment to providingthe latest personal computing technology to its customers.
HP’s premier client event,HP Discover, takesplace June 4-7 in Las Vegas.
(1) Testing was notintended to demonstrate fitness for U.S Department of Defensecontract requirements or for military use. Test results are not aguarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(2) Use of the HP image required. Internet access required.ProtectTools, Connection Manager and HP Power Assistant alsodeliver the optimal tools for productivity across HP's entirebusiness notebook and desktop lineup.
(3) Requires an HP Tools partition for automatic recovery.
(4) Weight will vary by configuration.
(5) Battery life will vary depending on the product model,configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wirelessfunctionality and power management settings. The maximum capacityof the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.Additional details are available at MobileMark07 batterybenchmark.
(6) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7.Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardwareto take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Details areavailable at www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/.
(7) Wireless access point and internet access required.Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(8) HD content required to view HD images.
(9) 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE. 4G LTE is only availablein the United States. LTE is expected to be available in June 2012.Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Checkwith local vendor for coverage area and availability in a specificarea. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment,network conditions and other factors.
(10) Up to 36 hours on the HP 8470p requires HP 9-cell (100 WHr)Li-Ion primary battery, separately purchased HP BB09 Ultra ExtendedLife Notebook Battery and customer download of the latest Intelgraphics driver and HP BIOS. Notebook must be configured with Intelgraphics, optional Intel 160GB SSD drive, HP LED HD Display andrequires Windows 7 operating system. Battery life will varydepending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications,features, wireless functionality and power management settings. Themaximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time andusage.
(11) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certainsoftware products. Not all customers or software applications willnecessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computingon Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor,chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applicationsenabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate(including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on yourhardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not ameasurement of higher performance.
(12) Requires Microsoft® Windows.
(13) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Activemanagement technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requiresadditional third-party software in order to run. Availability offuture "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technologyis dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windowsrequired.
(14) Features vary by model.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not allmodels available in all regions.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of MicrosoftCorp. Intel, Intel Core and Ultrabook are trademarks of IntelCorporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark ofAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involverisks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks oruncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, theresults of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differmaterially from those expressed or implied by such forward-lookingstatements and assumptions. All statements other than statements ofhistorical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-lookingstatements, including but not limited to statements of the plans,strategies and objectives of management for future operations,including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuringand integration plans; any statements concerning expecteddevelopment, performance or market share relating to products andservices; any statements regarding anticipated operational andfinancial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and anystatements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks,uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic andgeopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced byHP's businesses; the development and transition of new products andservices (and the enhancement of existing products and services) tomeet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends;the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers,suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectualproperty assets, including intellectual property licensed fromthird parties; integration and other risks associated with businesscombination and investment transactions; the hiring and retentionof key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to theexecution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuringand integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations,claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP'sQuarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and ExchangeCommission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for thefiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation anddoes not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-PackardDevelopment Company, L.P. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice. The only warranties for HPproducts and services are set forth in the express warrantystatements accompanying such products and services. Nothing hereinshould be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HPshall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissionscontained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.