- For Home
- For Business
- Now employees can hit the road with a travel pro. The HP EliteBook 840 G1 and 850 G1 industry leading Ultrabooks™1 are ultra-productive in and out of the office. Work with confidence thanks to proven enterprise technologies and enterprise security, performance and management features that will meet all your business needs.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Sleek and sturdy.
- It’s time for an upgrade to the dramatically thin, light design of the HP EliteBook 840 G1 and 850 G1 Ultrabooks™1 with a luxurious and soft touch finish.
- Join forces with the latest generation Intel® architecture1 and operate at peak performance levels with Intel Smart Response Technology2 for disk cache and expand total storage options with an additional mini-card SSD.
- Dock up for an enterprise desktop experience using the optional UltraSlim Docking Station3 with a convenient side connector and dual DisplayPorts for multiple display support.4
It’s all about the connections.
- Exercise full control over your wireless connections through a single user interface with support for most networks, including optional new 4G WWAN,6 using HP Connection Manager.5
- Easily share your internet connection with up to five devices with HP Wireless Hotspot.7 Help colleagues get online and improve productivity.
- Take productivity to a whole new level with innovative software like HP ePrint8 and HP PageLift9 on the HP EliteBook 840 G1 and 850 G1.
- Bridge distances on the HP EliteBook 800 series, optimized for communication with Microsoft Lync,10 premium audio/video and optional full-HD display.
- HP Sure Start restores productivity and reduces IT help desk calls in the event of a BIOS attack or corruption. Exclusively from HP, HP Sure Start helps reduce down time for users and IT.11
- Keep sensitive information in safe hands. HP Trust Circles helps protect your data by ensuring that only assigned contacts can access critical files.12
- Stay up and running. HP BIOS Protection offers enhanced protection against virus attacks to the BIOS and other security threats, and is designed to help prevent data loss and reduce downtime.13
- Safeguard data, devices and identities with HP’s hassle-free Client Security portfolio,14 including HP Drive Encryption,15 HP Device Access Manager with Just In Time Authentication, and HP Secure Erase.16
- Ensure smooth sailing with stable and consistent images, managed lifecycle transitions and Global Series support you can rely on.17
- Never fear accidental bumps and minor spills. HP EliteBooks undergo challenging tests so you don’t have to. During the HP Total Test Process, PCs experience 115,000 hours of performance trials to ensure they can withstand rigorous work environments.
- Designed to be travel-tough, the HP EliteBook thin and light notebooks feature a new, soft touch finish and are designed to undergo MIL-STD 810G testing.18
1 Not all configurations will be classified as Ultrabooks™.
2 Requires a compatible Intel® Core processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage technology software and non-SED HDD optional mSATA SSD flash cache module. Intel® Smart Response Technology is only available on select 2013 HP systems. Depending on system configuration, results may vary.
3 Sold separately.
4 Support for external displays as a standard feature through integrated processor-based graphics is dependent upon the particular PC platform/form factor; the actual number of displays supported will vary. An optional discrete graphics solution will be required for the support of additional displays. Additional cables required. DisplayPort with multi-stream through integrated graphics is planned to be available in fall 2013 as an integrated feature.
5 HP Connection Manager available on Windows 7 only.
6 WWAN is an optional feature sold separately or as an add on feature. WWAN connection requires wireless data service contract, network support, and is not available in all areas. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
7 The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with your service provider for plan details. Requires Windows 8.
8 Requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see www.hpconnected.com). Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require firmware upgrades.
9 Requires Microsoft Windows 8.
10 Microsoft Lync software sold separately. Requires optional webcam and internet access, sold separately.
11 HP Sure Start is available only on EliteBook 800 and Workstation ZBook series products.
12 HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to 5 Trust Circles with up to 5 contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows.
13 HP Tools partition with HP BIOS required for automatic recovery.
14 HP Client Security requires Windows.
15 Requires Windows. Data is protected prior to Drive Encryption login. Turning the PC off or into hibernate logs out of Drive Encryption and prevents data access.
16 For the methods outlined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-88.
17 Elite Support is currently available in the U.S. and Canada.
18 MIL-STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
19 Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
- Operating system
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro)
(This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data. )
- Processor family:
- Intel® Core™ i5 processor
- Intel® Core™ i5-4300U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (1.9 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Processor technology:
- Intel® Core™ i5 with vPro technology
- Chipset is integrated with processor
- Low halogen
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 37.55 x 25.36 x 2.14 cm
- Starting at 1.88 kg
- 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
- Memory slots:
- 2 SODIMM
- Internal drive
- 500 GB 7200 rpm SATA
- Flash cache
32 GB mSATA
(The flash cache module is designed to accelerate the system response experience and cannot be used as additional storage capacity. It is not removable by and not accessible to the user. )
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
- 15.6" diagonal LED-backlit FHD anti-glare SVA slim (1920 x 1080)
- Intel HD Graphics 4400
- 3 USB 3.0
- 1 USB 3.0 charging
- 1 DisplayPort
- 1 VGA
- 1 combo stereo headphone/mic jack
- 1 AC power
- 1 RJ-45
- 1 docking connector
- Expansion slots
- 1 Media Card Reader
- HD Audio with DTS Studio Sound
- Integrated dual-microphone array
- 2 Integrated stereo speakers
- Stereo headphone/line out
- Stereo microphone/line in
- 720p HD webcam
- Spill-resistant keyboard
- Pointing device:
- Touchpad with scroll zone, on/off button with LED indicator, two-way scroll, two pick buttons
- Network interface
- Intel I218-LM Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000 NIC)
- HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Mobile Broadband
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11ac (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combo
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Power supply:
- 65W Slim Smart AC adapter
- Battery type:
- 3-cell (50 WHr) HP Long Life Li-lon
- Battery life
Up to 13 hours
(Windows 7 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details. )
- Security management:
- HP Client Security (Windows only)
- HP File Sanitizer
- HP Device Access Manager with Just in Time Authentication
- Drive Encryption
- HP Trust Circles Standard
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 only)
- HP Fingerprint reader
- HP 3D DriveGuard (Windows required)
- HP Connection Manager (Windows 7 only)
- HP Wireless HotSpot (Windows 8 only)
- HP Mobile Connect (EMEA only) (Windows 8 only)
- HP PageLift (HP Exclusive with Windows 8)
- HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8 only)
- HP Support Assistant (Windows 8)
- HP ePrint (HP Exclusive)
- Buy Office
- Management features:
- HP 3D DriveGuard (Windows only)
- 3 years standard parts, labour and on-site limited warranty, depending on country (upgrades available), 3 years limited warranty on primary battery
Rate & Review HP EliteBook 850 G1 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Processor type
- All options
- Intel Atom
- Intel Celeron
- Intel Pentium
- Intel Core 2
- Intel Core i3
- Intel Core i5
- Intel Core i7
- AMD Athlon
- AMD Phenom
- AMD V-Series
- AMD Sempron
- AMD Turion
- AMD E-Series
- AMD A4 Series
- AMD A6 Series
- AMD A8 Series
- AMD A10 Series
- Intel Core
- AMD C-Series
- AMD FX Series
- NVIDIA Tegra
- NVIDIA Tegra 4
- Samsung Exynos
- Operating system
- All options
- Chrome OS
- Windows 7 Basic
- Windows 7 Home Basic 32
- Windows 7 Home Basic 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Starter 32
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 32
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro 32
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Single Language
- Windows Embedded Standard
- Windows Embedded Standard 2009
- Windows Embedded Standard 7
- Windows RT
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Windows Vista Home Basic 32
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Tablet PC
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.