- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 5500 SI Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 5500 SI Switch Series provides managed Layer 2 and Layer 3 gigabit connectivity at the edge layer of large campus networks. The 5500 SI provides PoE+ and modular 10GbE uplink connectivity to allow for scalable pay as you grow, network growth.
Resilient Ring Protection Protocol (RRPP), Smart Link, and Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) deliver enterprise class reliability. The HP 5500 SI Switch Series can be managed with the HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network and includes Lifetime Warranty 2.0.
- Managed L2 and L3 connectivity
- Four chassis IRF stacking
- Supports up to 4 modular 10GbE ports for uplink and stacking
- No software licensing required
- Lifetime Warranty 2.0
Scalable Access Layer Switches
- The HP 5500 SI Switch Series delivers managed Layer 2 and Layer 3 gigabit connectivity at the edge layer of large campus networks.
- The HP Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) virtualizes up to four physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks, IPv6 support, and static routes and RIP.
- Provides scalable stacking with modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and up to 740W of PoE+ power from internal power supply.
- Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support.
- No software licensing required.
Quality of Service (QoS) for Traffic Control
- The HP 5500 SI Switch Series supports advanced, classifier-based QoS which sorts traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information.
- You can apply QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
- Provides traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), and SP+WRR for increased flexibility.
Authentication Security Control
- The HP 5500 SI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, MAC, and Web Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
- Get identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment and per-user ACLs allow access to specific network services without risking network security.
- Security features include: Port security and isolation, DHCP protection, STP BPDU port protection, and RADIUS/HWTACACS.
Single View of the Network
- The HP 5500 SI Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
- RMON, and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
- 48 10/100/1000 ports, 4 dual-personality ports, 2 port expansion module slots, maximum
- PoE+ available, depending on model
- 142.9 million pps, maximum, depending on model
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 192 Gbps, maximum, depending on model
- PoE capability:
- 740 W, depending on model
- Stacking capabilities:
- IRF, with 4 switches
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- Web browser
- SNMP Manager
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to New Zealand only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.