- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L2 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 3100 EI Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- HP 3100 EI series switches are Layer 2 Ethernet switches designed for enterprise networks demanding high security and intelligence. They provide 10/100 Mbps downlink and 1000 Mbps uplink Ethernet ports, and serve as access devices for 100 Mbps-to-desktop applications in enterprise networks.
In metropolitan area networks or various industry networks, they connect end users or aggregate client devices with 10/100 Mbps connections, converging at a higher-capacity switch with 1000 Mbps interfaces. Features include advanced Quality of Service (QoS), rate limiting, QinQ (virtual LAN VLAN/VPN), SSHv2, Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR), Virtual Cable Tester (VCT), HGMP V2, GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP), access control list (ACL), media access control (MAC)-IP-port binding, Endpoint Admission Defense, voice and protocol-based VLAN, Internet Group Management Protocol snooping, and Power over Ethernet (PoE).
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Broadcast control: allows limitation of broadcast traffic rate to cut down on unwanted network broadcast traffic
- Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
- Powerful QoS feature: supports the following congestion actions: strict priority queuing (SP), weighted round robin (WRR) queuing, and SP+WRR
- Traffic policing: supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate
- Friendly port names: allow assignment of descriptive names to ports
- Remote configuration and management: is available through a secure Web browser or a CLI
- Manager and operator privilege levels: enable read-only (operator) and read/write (manager) access on CLI and Web browser management interfaces
- Command authorization: leverages HWTACACS to link a custom list of CLI commands to an individual network administrator's login; also provides an audit trail
- Secure Web GUI: provides a secure, easy-to-use graphical interface for configuring the module via HTTPS
- IPv6 (on v2 products): Telnet v6: to allow IPv6 management. DNSv6 Client: for IPv6 host management. SNMPv6: for IPv6 switch management. DHCPv6 Client: for automatic IPv6 address configuration of a switch.
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports
- Flow control: provides back pressure using standard IEEE 802.3x, reducing congestion in heavy traffic situations
- Gigabit Ethernet uplinks: are dual-personality ports for either 10/100/1000 or mini-GBIC SFP connectivity for increased connectivity flexibility
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras
- Hardware-based wire-speed access control lists (ACLs): feature-rich ACL implementation (TCAM based) helps provide high levels of security and ease of administration without impacting network performance
- Gigabit Ethernet interface: provides a connection to the network that eliminates the network as a bottleneck
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to New Zealand only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.