- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- Are your data storage requirements outstripping your backup, disaster recovery and archive requirements? HP StoreEver ESL G3 Tape Library delivers enormous scalability to keep pace with unpredictable data growth. Choose from a range of base configurations and scale up to 12,006 tape cartridges in increments of 100 slots for capacity on demand that reaches up to 75 PB (compressed 2.5:1) of backup or archive data.
Supporting data growth is only part of the story. The HP ESL G3 also delivers high availability through redundant power supplies and dual-robotics capability, while host path connectivity failover provides optimal library performance.
Management and control of multiple tape libraries is delivered by an intelligent command GUI. Leading library management tools and HP TapeAssure enables predictive and proactive monitoring of tape drives, media and library health.
Hardware data encryption solutions provide added data security.
- HP ESL G3 High Density Expansion Modules are now available with optional dedicated barcode scanner to reduce inventory times.
- HP ESL G3 now supports up to 192 tape drives for even greater performance and scalability.
Broad Scalability for Consolidated Data Protection with Capacity on Demand
- The HP StoreEver ESL G3 Tape Library simplifies storage growth and supports tape consolidation for significant ROI. Choose from a range of base library options and scale in 100 slot increments to keep pace with data growth.
- Quickly and easily add capacity without disruption, the StoreEver ESL G3 scales from 100 to 12,006 tape cartridges, from 1 to 192 LTO-6 or LTO-5 Ultrium Tape drives, and 1 to 16 library frames.
- High density storage of up to 75 PB (with data compression at 2.5:1) by using HP LTO-6 Ultrium Tape Drives in a 12,006 slot configuration.
- Customer configurable import/export slots from 24 to 528 for fast bulk load and unload. A 72 slot mailbox provides one of the largest import/export capabilities.
- Each frame is equal to a standard 19-inch rack form factor for most efficient use of floor space.
High Availability Features for Near Continuous Data Protection
- To make the most of your library performance, the HP StoreEver ESL G3 includes both control path failover and drive port to port failover. Delivering and supporting ongoing host and SAN connectivity under a variety of adverse conditions.
- Active-active dual robotics capability paves the way for near continuous data access and even higher reliability.
- FIPS compliant data encryption and secure key management safeguard your data against costly data breach while it’s in the tape library, during export and transport, and while data is at rest in an offsite location.
- The HP StoreEver ESL G3 Tape Library offers high availability through redundant power supplies.
Easing the Management Burden and Reducing the TCO of Enterprise Data Protection
- The HP StoreEver ESL G3 Tape Library has been designed to ease the management burdens of data protection in your SAN. HP Command View Tape Library Software provides remote management, diagnostics and configuration for multiple Tape Libraries from a single pane of glass.
- TapeAssure makes managing, fine-tuning and archiving faster and easier. It provides comprehensive reporting about the status, performance, utilization, and health of all tape drives and media. This data can be exported on demand or at scheduled times through HP Command View Tape Library Software.
- Simplify managing complex environments with library partitioning. HP Secure Manager Tape Library Software allows the user to logically divide the library into up to twelve virtual tape libraries. This function is especially useful when multiple SANs or backup software packages are present.
- Advanced partitioning support is provided by an Automated Media Pool which automatically reallocates partition space as data storage requirements grow without having to reconfigure software applications.
Provides Long-term Storage Safety
- The HP StoreEver ESL G3 Tape Library is ideal for archiving cold or active data with a media shelf-life of up to 30 years.
- Lowest cost per Terabyte for longer term storage with limited power or energy requirement.
- Portable, high density storage, small footprint with up to 6.25TB of compressed data on a single LTO-6 data cartridge.
- StoreOpen/LTFS for ease of use and assured interchange.
- Verify data integrity on tape media throughout its lifecycle with Data Verification software for ESL G3
Detailed specifications (PDF)
- Drive type:
- LTO-6 Ultrium 6650
- LTO-5 Ultrium 3280
- (192) Maximum drives
- (12) drives per frame supported
- As drives are added, enabled slot counts will be reduced
- 300TB Compressed 2.5:1
- 75PB Maximum
- Depending on library model and tape media uses
- Host interface:
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel
- Depending on drive type
- Transfer rate:
- 138 TB/hr
- Maximum, depending on model and drive type
- Number of cartridge slots:
- Maximum LTO Ultrium Cartridges
- Encryption capability:
- AES 256-bit
- Form factor:
- Free-standing, each control module or expansion module equals a 19-inch rack form factor
Detailed specifications (PDF)
Backup, Recovery, Archive
Rate & Review HP StoreEver ESL G3 Tape Libraries
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to New Zealand only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.