Protect the business while meeting regulatory requirements
The HP Compliance Insight Packages provide a suite of content that delivers log review and security monitoring, based on security compliance and audit best practices. They help organizations meet a broad set of regulatory compliance requirements and institute a strong IT governance program.
Compliance packages focus on specific regulatory requirements and include:
- IT Governance based on ISO/IEC 27002:2005
- Federal Information Security Management (FISMA)
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Japanese Sarbanes Oxley (JSOX)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS)
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) 002-009
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA)
Proactive compliance packages leverage the ongoing log collection and event management requirements, and allow organizations to move beyond a "check-the-box" approach. They enable a comprehensive, automated initiative for protecting the business, mitigating risk and addressing regulatory requirements, while at the same time increasing efficiencies and reducing cost.
- Establish a compliance baseline; then measure, manage and report against a continual state of security compliance
- Clarify compliance log and event information through a comprehensive, best practice approach
- Immediately manage compliance requirements via pre-configured rules, dashboards and reports
- Automate actions and tracking of these actions to demonstrate proof of compliance
- Deliver information in a format relevant to the standards addressed.
Designed around best practices, the HP Compliance Insight Packages provide a comprehensive method for the implementation, assessment and monitoring of internal controls, including access control changes, administrative activity, log-in monitoring, as well as change and risk management. They automatically map these technical checks to the relevant standard using policy and risk-relevant operational context; this allows organizations to focus on key services and business processes and address critical audit points. The compliance packages deliver the most relevant and comprehensive set of compliance content in the SIEM market today.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls with comprehensive report templates. Customizable reports, dashboards, correlation rules and data monitors measure and report on the effectiveness of controls against specific regulatory requirements; included are both technical checks and business process activity review.
- Proactively manage compliance. Tuned to identify and monitor compliance in real-time, identify gaps that present a risk to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of regulated information; launch appropriate remediation actions to demonstrate full compliance management. A closed-loop, auditable workflow ensures all violations are appropriately addressed as they are discovered.
- Reduce operational cost of compliance. Alleviate time consuming audit tasks by automatically generating business and technical checks directly against regulatory requirements. Pre-packaged audit content, authoritatively mapped to regulatory requirements and derived from associated standards, enables compliance with less in-house or third-party compliance expertise.
- Demonstrate compliance to auditors. Regulation-specific controls directly map requirements to active rules, scheduled reports, real-time dashboards and automated actions.
Designed to leverage HP ArcSight Security Intelligence
The HP Compliance Insight Packages seamlessly install and immediately leverage HP ArcSight ESM, Express or Logger to deliver a strategic compliance solution that allows organizations to implement compliance while vastly improving their overall security program. HP ArcSight ESM provides the strongest feature set to ensure that data is accurately collected and efficiently stored as well as the strongest analytics capabilities to provide immediate context to both security events and user activity. Customers can leverage the incredible flexibility of HP ArcSight to easily focus on their own unique policies, procedures, infrastructure and audit points.
A common audit point is the requirement to separately review administrative activity that relates to the access controls for regulated systems. With the addition of HP Identify View, automatically track all administrative users and their activity via a unique active list functionality to easily fulfill separation of duties requirements for security monitoring.