- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- This networked MFP boosts productivity. Share resources with wireless networking1,2, and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint3. Improve workflow with access to business apps. Save time with automatic two-sided scanning and copying.
Increase productivity – even on the go.
- Scan documents directly to email or a network folder. Save time and get fast results: the dual head scanner means two-sided pages are only scanned once.
- Print at up to 33 ppm A4, and get a first page in as fast as eight seconds.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint3. Send files from a smartphone directly to your printer using HP wireless direct printing1,2.
- Set up and share anywhere in the office with wireless connectivity2,4. Configure networking fast2,5.
Produce high-quality documents time after time.
- Print professional-quality documents with bold text and sharp images, using Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Improve performance with trusted HP reliability. Do more with 800-sheets maximum paper input capacity (with optional 500-sheet tray).
- Save time with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges that are reliable and feature an all-in-one design for easy installation.
- Print more affordably using an optional high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge6.
Easily manage print jobs and access business apps.
- Use business apps and an 8.89 cm (3.5-inch) colour touchscreen to access and print from the web or scan to online storage sites7.
- Manage workflow with intuitive features right on the printer: use the easy-access USB port to print from – and save scans to – a flash drive.
- Easily control your print environment and save IT time and costs – HP Web Jetadmin helps you monitor equipment and increase uptime.
Reduce your environmental impact.
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
- Save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology which turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t9.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners10.
- This MFP's compact size is designed to use less space and create less packaging waste.
- Print, copy, scan, fax, walk-up USB
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal: Up to 33 ppm
(Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.)
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 8 sec
(Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.)
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 50,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
750 to 3000 pages
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 5e
- HP PCL 6
- HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- direct PDF (v 1.7) printing
- 8.89 cm touchscreen CGD (Colour Graphic Display)
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint™, Mopria-certified, business applications
- Additional information about Eco:
- Wireless capability:
- Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wireless direct printing
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Host USB
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T
- 1 Walk-up USB
- 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- 1 RJ-11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Ethernet, Wireless 802.11 b/g/n )
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
- PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor
- 500 MB hard disk
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet
- USB or Network
- Compatible operating systems
Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
Linpus Linux: 9.4, 9.5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0, OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4, Fedora: 14, 15, Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i
(For Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 32-bit and 2008 32-bit and 64-bit only the printer driver and scanner driver are installed.)
- Memory, standard:
- 256 MB
- Maximum memory
- 256 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard
50-sheet multipurpose tray
250-sheet input tray
automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Paper handling input, optional
- Optional 500-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard
- 150-sheet output bin
- Maximum output capacity (sheets):
- Up to 150 sheets
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; A6; B5 (JIS)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Multipurpose tray: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet tray: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, colour, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock
- Media weight, supported:
- Tray 1: 60 to 163 g/m² (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray 3: 60 to 120 g/m²; Automatic duplexer: 60 to 120 g/m²
- Media weights, supported ADF:
- 60 to 90 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, 50-sheet ADF
- Scan file format:
- PDF, searchable PDF, JPG, RTF, TXT, BMP, PNG, TIFF (scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support JPG and PDF)
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 1200 dpi (colour and mono, flatbed); Up to 300 dpi (colour and mono, ADF)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 381 mm
- Scan size (ADF), minimum:
- 102 x 127 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
Up to 20 ppm (b&w), up to 9 ppm (colour)
(While scanning to file from ADF. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration and document complexity.)
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Yes, single pass duplex ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan direct to email; scan to network folder; scan to Cloud
- File formats, supported:
- Scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support: JPG, PDF
- Scan input modes:
- Front control panel Scan, Copy or Fax buttons, From PC: Solution Center Lite (Windows Vista®, Windows® XP) or Device Stage (Windows® 7)
- TWAIN-compliant or WIA-compliant software
- Copy speed (normal)
Black: Up to 33 ppm
(From flatbed, exact speed varies depending on the system configuration and document complexity.)
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed
3 sec per page
(Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will increase the transmission time.)
- Fax memory:
- Up to 300 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi (halftone enabled)
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 120 numbers (119 group dials)
- Broadcast locations:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Power consumption
600 watts (printing), 420 watts (copying), 10.5 watts (ready), 9.5 watts (sleep), 0.1 watts (off). Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 2.67 kWh/Week
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
- Acoustic pressure emissions bystander (active, printing)
- 51 dB(A)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 439.9 x 382.7 x 423.5 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 439.9 x 633.4 x 660 mm (multipurpose tray and foldup cover extended; tray 2 extended to legal-size; ADF fully open)
- 15.1 kg
- Package weight:
- 19.6 kg
- What's in the box
HP LaserJet M425dw MFP
HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages)
Getting Started Guide, Support flyer
CDs containing device software and electronic User's Guide
- Cable included:
- Yes, 1 USB cable
- Replacement cartridges
- HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages), CF280A
- HP 80X Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~6900 pages), CF280X
(Average CF280A black cartridge yields 2700 standard pages and average CF280X black cartridge yields 6900 standard pages. Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies)
(Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies)
- Software included:
- Windows®: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PS driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Ink Widget, HP Utility, Scan to email/folder setup
- One-year warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Post Warranty Repair & Maintenance:
- Please visit our website: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/campaign/printer-repairs/printer-service.html
• Save energy – HP Auto On/Auto Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don't.
• Save paper by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
• Reduce energy use with HP Instant-on Technology and Instant-on Copy.
 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
 Compared with products that use traditional fusing and cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dw
( average / RATINGS / RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review