HP Enables Telecoms to Deploy and Manage Mobile Applications for Business Customers
The HP Enterprise Mobility platform enables enterprises to provide internal mobile applications (apps) to employees so they can access company data quickly, easily and securely on their personal mobile devices.
The core components of the HP Enterprise Mobility platform are:
- HP Enterprise Mobile App Store enables CSPs to help enterprises create, certify, distribute and manage ”mobilized” versions of company apps for employees. Hosted at the CSP site and managed for the enterprise, the HP Enterprise Mobile App Store provides employees an easy-to-use portal for downloading apps.
– Multichannel capability supports personalized employee access, regardless of device. Employees can easily browse for apps. Multiple languages are supported to enable regional app stores.
– Multicatalog management enables enterprises to offer apps to different kinds of users by structuring access based on employee location, job type or other criteria.
– Application life cycle management enables enterprises to refresh apps for all device types, track usage, and decommission apps at end of life.
– Integrated mobile device testing ensures that apps perform properly across device types and in varied usage scenarios.
- HP Enterprise Mobility Gateway enables CSPs to help enterprise employees access the right enterprise data at the right time by connecting mobile applications with an enterprise’s back-end systems. Available on the customer premises and as a service from the CSP, the gateway enables developers to create data-rich apps that run effectively even when bandwidth is limited.
- – High-performance access is enabled with server- and client-side caching, smart browsing, and offline viewing of large data sets.
– Secure exposure of back-end systems and data to mobile applications is enabled by user authentication and authorization.
– Lifecycle management of programming interfaces of back-end systems is facilitated with usage and reporting tools.
– Composite service development enables mobile apps to access and combine data from multiple back-end systems to create aggregated, high-value information for mobile users.
“Service providers are at a point where they need an enterprise service delivery platform, not just a telco service delivery platform,” said Glen Ragoonanan, lead analyst, Infrastructure Solutions and SDP Strategies, Analysys Mason. “It makes sense to work with a partner like HP that has both telco and IT heritage and can bring the two worlds together.”
Based on the widely deployed HP Service Delivery Platform (SDP), the HP Enterprise Mobility platform features a flexible service-oriented architecture. CSPs can adapt the core HP components to suit specific, complex needs, and they can integrate other HP and third-party solutions to further enhance functionality.
“CSPs must invent new business models to win in a 4G world,” said David Sliter, vice president and general manager, Communications, Media and Entertainment, HP Enterprise Services. “HP’s offering enables CSPs to generate new revenue by helping enterprises tap the productivity potential of smartphones and tablets used by employees.”
In addition to offering mobility services to enterprises, CSPs can use the HP platform to manage mobility services for their own employees, including the development and distribution of new apps.
Designed for CSPs to offer to their enterprise clients, the HP Enterprise Mobility platform also will be sold directly to enterprises by HP, as an on-premises solution.
The HP Enterprise Mobility platform complements previously announced offerings in the HP Mobile Application Services portfolio.
More information about the HP Enterprise Mobility platform is available at www.hp.com/go/emp.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personalcomputing, software, servicesand IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growthstrategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or marketshare relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlyingany of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance ofcontracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timingof growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuringplans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s QuarterlyReport on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 andHP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained here in is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.