PALO ALTO, Calif., June 26, 2012 – HP today announced that Verizon, Vodafone and Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (MTS)—three of the world’s market-leading providers of wireless and wireline communications—have signed new technology agreements for the supply and delivery of industry standard servers.
Under the three-year agreements, HP will provide HP ProLiant servers based on the latest Intel® processors, enabling Verizon, Vodafone and MTS to offer new services for their more than 490 million subscribers.
Verizon is a global leader in delivering broadband, video and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Vodafone is one the world’s largest mobile operators and has equity interests in more than 30 countries across five continents, and more than 40 partner markets worldwide. MTS is the leading telecom provider in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
Each company needed to find a solution that would allow them to further standardize x86 server data-center technologies at a group level, and to reduce costs and improve their total cost of ownership for servers.
This agreement has been reached through close collaboration between Verizon, Vodafone and MTS, enabling the companies to align on product standards and combine their purchasing volumes into one single vendor.
HP also provides HP Converged Infrastructure solutions for Verizon, Vodafone and MTS that range from thousands of servers and mission-critical systems to storage and cloud innovations. The benefits of these technology offerings include:
- Reduced time to revenue with HP CloudSystem, a comprehensive, integrated solution for rapidly building and managing services across all cloud deployment models. With HP CloudSystem and supporting programs, service providers can deploy a new cloud service in minutes or hours, not the weeks or months that manual methods require.
- Improved data center uptime with HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen 8) servers that feature HP ProActive Insight Architecture. This powerful hardware and software automates every aspect of the server life cycle to eliminate manual tasks that can cause downtime while providing continuous intelligence on server health, power usage
- Improved server administration with HP Virtual Connect, which automatically connects servers and virtual machines to any LAN or SAN without error-prone, repetitive tasks. Because it requires no extra mezzanine cards or costly software licenses, HP Virtual Connect eliminates complexity and unnecessary expense.
- Increased efficiency with HP 3PAR Storage, which supports multiple tenants and massive data consolidation onto a single array to deliver automatic storage provisioning required by virtual, cloud and IT-as-a-Service environments.
- Increased performance with HP ProLiant DL980 G7 servers equipped with HP PREMA Architecture to handle the most demanding data-intensive workloads by reducing system bottlenecks, freeing up memory bandwidth and improving diagnostics.
För mer information
Bob Fletcher, produktchef HP Server (Blade) och Converged Infrastructure, tel: 0768 59 39 53
Magnus Wetterberg, produktchef HP Server och Converged Infrastructure, tel: 0768 59 49 21
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personalcomputing, software, servicesand IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growthstrategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or marketshare relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlyingany of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance ofcontracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timingof growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuringplans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s QuarterlyReport on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 andHP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained here in is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.