HP Increases Revenue Opportunities for Channel Partners in Networking
ASIA PACIFIC, Jan. 13, 2012 – HP today announced improvements to theHP PartnerONEandHP ExpertONEprograms, enabling networking channel partners to increase market competitiveness and revenue opportunities.
To succeed, partners want to penetrate new markets and deliver solutions that optimize their customers’ business models. The expanded HP PartnerONE and HP ExpertONE programs are designed to drive growth and key market opportunities in the high-growth networking sector.
The HP PartnerONE program now enables networking partners to substantially increase margin potential through growth accelerators and rebates. HP meets the needs of partners of all sizes through three refreshed specializations for networking:
- Registered Networking Specialization: These Partners focus primarily on selling solutions to the SMB market and offer customers a choice of secure, affordable and scalable network solutions.
- Professional Networking Specialization: HP Professional Networking Partners sell, deliver, manage and support secure, wired and wireless networking infrastructure solutions.
- Advanced Networking Specialization: These Partners sell, deliver, manage and support complex, end-to-end secure networking and data centre solutions and have the expertise and skills in designing, deploying solutions and services spanning the networking lifecycle. They typically have a deep knowledge of corporate networks and requirements.
The refreshed specializations for networking are compatible with the previous UNS-Professional, UNS-Expert and UNS-Master specializations, however sales and technical certification requirements for these new specializations have been tweaked to drive a minimum competency standard required by partners to effectively represent HP in the market place.
HP PartnerONE and HP ExpertONE programs enable channel partners to use the HP FlexNetwork architectureto strengthen consultative, long-term customer relationships and create new revenue opportunities. By offering open and scalable networking solutions, partners can address customer requirements without locking them in to vendors and technology.
"Channel partners operate in a complex and competitive environment, and they need to focus on growing their businesses," said Amol Mitra, vice president and acting general manager, HP Networking, Asia Pacific and Japan. "With our simplified program, broad portfolio and unique competency approach, HP is empowering our partners to better serve their customers."
Increasing IT knowledge through HP ExpertONE Program
The HP ExpertONE program offers partnersthe training and education needed to transform their customers’ proprietary environments into open, agile networks based on anHP Converged Infrastructure.
Professionals gain the skills needed to architect, implement and manage technology across the enterprise. The HP ExpertONE "Fast Track" programaccounts for existing certifications – even those gained through a competitor – to speed the HP networking certification process.
An IDC Marketscape leader(1) for IT education, the global HP ExpertONE program also now provides partners with:
- A competitive edge via hands-on technical and certification training delivered through newly announced HP ExpertONE Learning Solution Partners. Offerings include customized courses, access to remote labs and web-based learning applications, with initial courses focusing on HP Networking.
- Access to easy-reference training materials and study guides through HP Press, in the form of traditional books, e-books and mobile applications. The first five technical certification exam study guides focus on networking certifications.
- Certifications through the HP Institute, a global academic program to be available in several thousand institutions by 2014. Students can earn architect-level HP certifications through integrated hands-on experience with remote labs in a classroom environment.
General information about HP PartnerONE for networking and HP ExpertONE is available at www.hp.com/networking/partneroneandwww.hp.com/go/expertone. Details of the programs will differ between regions.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available athttp://www.hp.com.
- "Worldwide Network Certification Vendor Analysis, October 2011," IDC Marketscape.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. Registration No.: 198703164G. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com