OneAsia Selects HP to Support Growing Customer Demand for Cloud Services
In response to customer demand, OneAsia was established to provide cloud and managed services to businesses of all sizes in Hong Kong. The growth of OneAsia’s initial set of cloud services led to the development of Cloud8tation, a new portfolio of cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Software-as-a-Service offerings.
To launch Cloud8tation, OneAsia needed a cost-effective, scalable and reliable solution that could rapidly provision cloud infrastructure and applications. OneAsia chose HP CloudSystem Matrix, built on HP Converged Infrastructure as the foundation for the new service. HP CloudSystem, a core element of the HP Converged Cloud portfolio, enables OneAsia to simplify the creation of private, semi-private and public clouds for customers.
In addition, OneAsia is leveraging HP Cloud Maps in combination with HP CloudSystem to reduce the time to create new cloud services from months to minutes. HP Cloud Maps are pre-packaged application templates with automated provisioning and service catalog delivery capabilities that shave weeks off the process of architecting cloud services. With the ability to deliver services faster, OneAsia can better respond to customers’ fluctuating business demands and critical IT requirements.
“As demand for cloud computing in Hong Kong grows, we need to provide fast, reliable and cost-effective services to remain competitive,” said Dominic Wong, executive director, OneAsia Network Limited. “HP enabled us to build a scalable and agile infrastructure that quickly meets customer needs while maintaining high service levels. With HP CloudSystem, we can implement cloud services for our customers in just one hour compared to 15 days previously.”
The HP CloudSystem-based solution that enables OneAsia’s Hong Kong data center to deliver affordable, flexible cloud services to its customers includes the following:
- HP ProLiant servers, comprising HP ProLiant BL460c G7 and HP ProLiant DL360 G7, provide OneAsia with high performance computing power while reducing costs through space and energy efficiency.
- HP Integrated Lights Out 3 (iLO 3) enables OneAsia to proactively manage the performance of HP ProLiant servers from anywhere.
- HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module for BladeSystem c-Class helps OneAsia simplify and make its infrastructure change-ready by reducing cables without adding switches to manage. This allows the company to quickly add, replace and remove servers via one console without affecting network configurations or availability.
- HP EVA supports the company’s vast storage needs without compromising functionality or performance.
New applications available through Cloud8tation that are running on HP Converged Cloud include:
- Central storage for video surveillance files to help clients easily retrieve archived video files from a single secure source rather than many standalone digital video recorders.
- A Security Operations Center that collects, analyzes and correlates data so that security events can be identified and clients alerted in real time.
- Email hosting for Microsoft® Exchange and OneAsia email, offering clients a cost-effective, scalable solution based on the latest technology.
- A Disaster Recovery solution that delivers faster recovery times and multi-site availability at a fraction of the cost of conventional disaster recovery.
The company plans to replicate these applications at its other data center in Singapore.
HP’s premier Europe, Middle East and Africa client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 4-6 in Frankfurt, Germany.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. Registration No.: 198703164G. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.