- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems
Special offer: Special offers:
- How can the flexibility of the HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems help remedy large storage needs and small budgets? By offering high-performance 8 Gb FC, Combo FC/iSCSI, 6 Gb SAS, 1 Gb or 10 GbE iSCSI connected arrays designed for efficient storage consolidation at affordable prices. The FC/iSCSI Combo controller gives the flexibility to share the array resources over two protocols, supporting the needs of dissimilar departments and budgets.
All HP P2000 G3 MSA Arrays ship standard with 64 Snapshots and Volume Copy enabled for increased data protection. The FC, Combo FC/iSCSI, and iSCSI controllers allow replication with optional Remote Snap software.
The arrays allow departments and small to medium businesses to grow capacity as needed up to 149 drives. Mixing of LFF and SFF enterprise-class SAS and archival-class SATA drives is supported.
Configure with a single controller for low initial cost, or dual controllers for high availability for the most demanding entry-level situations.
- Introducing support for MSA 12G LFF and SFF SAS HDDs
- HP MSA 300/450/600 GB 12G SAS 15K LFF (3.5in) Converter Enterprise 3-year Warranty Hard Drives
- HP MSA 300/450/600 GB 12G SAS 15K SFF (2.5in) Enterprise 3-year Warranty Hard Drives
Easily Managed, Highly Affordable, Highly Efficient and Flexible Storage Consolidation
- The HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems deliver low cost, consolidated storage array solutions to meet departmental and small to medium businesses requirements with 8Gb Fibre Channel, Combo FC/iSCSI, 6Gb SAS, and 1Gb or 10GbE iSCSI systems accommodating LFF and SFF SAS, SAS MDL, and SATA MDL drives.
- The P2000 G3 MSA offers single controller models for low initial investment, or dual controllers for higher data protection. The FC/iSCSI Combo controller allows sharing of resources between different departments with the most cost-effective protocol. A wide choice of drive types means a high ROI.
- The HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems offer a choice of drives: high performance enterprise class dual-ported SAS drives and low cost, high capacity SAS MDL, or archival class SATA MDL drives. The array head comes with either 12 or 24 drive bays able to simultaneously accommodate all three drive types.
- The P2000 G3 MSA comes standard with 64 snapshot and Volume Copy cloning capability enabled. Snapshots can be optionally boosted to 512 snaps, and the P2000 G3 FC, FC/iSCSI Combo, and both 1GbE and 10GbE iSCSI models support the Remote Snap (replication) software option.
Start Small and Grow in Number of Supported Servers and Total Capacity - Adaptable to Changing Needs
- The P2000 G3 MSA allows customers to grow their storage as demands increase from 600GB to 178TB SAS, 384TB SAS MDL or 192TB SATA . The P2000 G3 MSA arrays can support 7 LFF enclosures and 96 drives or 5 SFF enclosures and a maximum of 149 drives. Single or dual controllers accommodate any budget.
- Powerful new controllers (FC, FC/iSCSI, SAS, 10GbE and 1Gb iSCSI) and 2GB of read/write cache each provides support for up to 64 hosts. Latest 8Gb Fibre Channel, 6Gb SAS, and 10GbE and 1Gb iSCSI technology means that the users will have fast, reliable, and affordable access to their data.
- All P2000 G3 MSA models come with 64 Snapshot and Volume Copy capability at no extra charge. Increased snapshot capability of 512 snaps is an option. Remote Snap software is also an option, allowing snap replication over the Fibre Channel, Combo FC/iSCSI, and 1GbE and 10GbE iSCSI controllers.
- With 512 LUNs and greater than 40TB LUN size depending on the RAID chosen, the P2000 G3 MSA arrays have more than sufficient LUN flexibility for a wide variety of configuration choices.
Comprehensive Data Protection in an Easily Administered SAN Environment
- Reduce risk of IT failure with dual active/active controllers, dual-ported drives, and redundant hardware components.
- For increased data protection the P2000 G3 MSA comes standard with 64 Snapshot (optional 512) and Volume Copy software, giving space-efficient, copy-on-write snapshots and clones. Optional Remote Snap (replication) is available with the Fibre Channel, Combo FC/iSCSI, and both iSCSI models.
- Reduced time to operation with easy and secure deployment. Reduced risk from operator errors, resulting in less downtime and data loss, while increasing customer satisfaction. Supports customer replaceable hot-plug components such as drives, disk enclosures, controllers, fans and power supplies.
- P2000 G3 controllers support upgrading prior generations of MSA2000 G1 and G2 models regardless of protocol. The P2000 G3 FC, FC/iSCSI Combo, SAS, or iSCSI controllers support data-in-place upgrades, protecting the user’s investment in JBODs and drives and giving greater performance, functionality.
Detailed specifications (PDF)
- Related services
- 384TB Maximum
- Including expansion, depending on model
- Drive description:
- (149) SFF SAS/MDL SAS/SATA or
- (96) LFF SAS/MDL SAS/SATA
- Maximum including expansion, supported, depending on model
- Host interface:
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel (2) Ports per controller or
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel (2) Ports per controller and
- 1 GbE iSCSI (2) Ports per controller or
- 6 Gb/sec SAS (4) Ports per controller or
- 10 GbE (2) Ports per controller or
- 1 GbE iSCSI (4) Ports per controller
- Supported, depending on model
- Storage controller:
- (2) P2000 G3 Fibre Channel MSA Controller
- (2) P2000 G3 Fibre Channel/iSCSI Combo MSA Controller
- (2) P2000 G3 SAS MSA Controller
- (2) P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI MSA Controller
- (2) P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA Controller
- Unable to mix different protocol controllers within the array
- Storage expansion options:
- P2000 3.5-inch disk enclosure or D2700 2.5-inch disk enclosure
- Clustering support:
- Windows, Linux, HP-UX, OpenVMS
- SAN backup support:
- Storage mirroring support:
- Systems Insight Manager support:
- Compatible operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- Microsoft Windows Hyper-V
- Red Hat Linux
- SUSE Linux
- Oracle Solaris
- HP OpenVMS
- Apple OS X
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Detailed information available at: http://www.hp.com/storage/spock
- Form factor:
Detailed specifications (PDF)
- Quick links
- Related services
Rate & Review HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to Singapore only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.