- For Home
- For Business
- Print exceptional, black-and-white documents at up to 23 ppm letter/22 ppm A4 from your desktop. Save money using less energy with Instant-on Technology. Save even more energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.1
- Business professionals who need a fast, desktop laser printer that's easy to use and helps them save energy and resources.
Get fast laser printing right from your desktop.
- Print documents fast—up to 23 ppm letter/22 ppm A4. With Instant-on Technology, pages start and finish printing faster—get a first page out in as fast as 7 seconds.
- Choose the media that suits your business purpose. The 250-sheet paper tray and 10-sheet priority input slot handle a wide variety of media types—card stock, transparencies, labels, envelopes and paper up to legal size.
Professional, cost-effective laser printing.
- Produce professional-quality prints—HP spherically shaped toner consistently delivers bold, crisp text and sharp images.
- HP FastRes 1200 delivers detailed, professional-quality prints without sacrificing speed. HP FastRes 1200 technology offers excellent text and higher-resolution images.
- Keep printing costs manageable—save money by conserving energy with Instant-on Technology. Save even more with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology1, which senses your printing activity, turning on and off automatically.
Easy, reliable performance
- Get out-of-the-box driver installation. HP Smart Install makes it easy to quickly set up the printer without a CD—just plug in and install.2
- Set up and start printing right away with an easy-to-use, intuitive control panel. The simplified interface includes four LED lights, a cancel button and a "go" button for easy access to functions.
- Receive reliable, outstanding results—page after page, cartridge after cartridge—using Original HP supplies designed for your printer. When it's time to replace a toner cartridge, HP SureSupply helps you find and purchase the right supplies.3
- Get more value from your technology and better results for your business with HP Total Care. The portfolio of services, software, solutions and support from HP and our partners helps you manage, protect and grow your business—whichever stage it’s in.
Reduce your impact and protect your bottom line.
- Get up to 50 percent energy savings over competitive laser products, using Instant-on Technology.4 And get additional, effortless savings with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology—it senses your printing activity, turning on and off automatically.1
- Reduce wasted paper by printing only the content you want. HP Smart Web Printing delivers more usable web pages by printing web pages without cutoff edges and blank pages.5
- Save space with an ultra-compact, space-saving printer with a sleek, industrial design. Improve your office environment by selecting the "quiet" mode.6
- Minimal packaging is made from 10 to 30 percent recycled material, reducing your environmental imapact. Cardboard packaging is 100% recyclable.7 Get free and easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.8
1 HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
2 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
3 Program features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
4 Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
5 Requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0-8.0.
6 Pages will print at half speed in quiet mode.
7 Cardboard packaging recycling may not be available in your area.
8 HP toner cartridge return and recycling is available in 49 countries and territories around the world, covering 88% of the addressable market; see www.hp.com/recycle for details
- Print speed black:
- Normal:Up to 22 ppm
- (Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 7 sec
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 x 2 dpi (1200 dpi effective output)
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 8000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output.)
- Recommended monthly page volume:
- 250 to 2000
- Recommended monthly page volume note:
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 266 MHz
- Print languages:
- Host-based printing
- HP ePrint capability:
- Wireless capability:
- Connectivity, standard:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- Network ready:
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GB RAM; Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2003: 512 MB RAM; all systems: 350 MB free hard disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB port;
Mac OS X v 10.4, 10.5, 10.6; 256 MB RAM; 150 MB available hard disk space; CD-ROM drive; USB port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, v10.6
- Linux (see hplip.net for current)
- Memory, standard:
- 8 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 8 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 10-sheet priority feed slot; 250-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet face-down bin
- Duplex printing:
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; A6; B5; postcards; envelopes (C5, DL, B5)
- Media sizes, custom:
- 250-sheet input tray: 147 x 211 to 216 x 356 mm; priority feed slot: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (laser, plain, photo, rough, vellum), envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, postcards
- Supported media weight:
- 60 to 163 g/m²
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 7 A; 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 4 A
- Power consumption
420 watts (printing), 1.2 watts (ready), 0.9 watts (auto-off), 0.5 watts (manual-off)
(Values subject to change. See http://www.hp.com/go/ljp1560_regulatory for current information. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 32.5º C
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 387 x 243 x 246 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 387 x 420 x 255 mm
- 6.5 kg
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 485 x 300 x 330 mm
- Package weight:
- 7.9 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro P1566 Printer, introductory HP LaserJet Black print cartridge, power cord, paper tray cover, CD(s) with printer software and documentation, Getting Started Guide, support flyer, Smart Install Flyer
- USB cable.
- Cable included:
- Yes, 1 USB cable.
- One-year, return to HP authorised service center; telephone and web support (varies according to region).
- Eco Highlights
• Reduce energy use up to 50% with Instant-on Technology.[eco01]
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco02]
• Print only the web content you need with HP Smart Web Printing.[eco03]
[eco01]Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
[eco02]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
[eco03]Requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0-8.0.
• Please recycle your computer hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro P1566 Printer
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to Singapore only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.