- For Home
- For Business
- Boost productivity and gain efficiency. Produce professional-quality, two-sided, colour documents in-house. Easily print, scan directly to email, copy and fax with a web-connected, colour laser MFP. Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.1
- Ideal for small office work teams who need professional-quality color from a wired or wireless MFP, and who want to print from mobile devices.
Versatile investment, professional colour
- Achieve bold text and smooth colour with HP ImageREt 3600 and Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Produce colour marketing materials in-house on a range of media sizes and use tips and templates from HP.
- Print black text affordably – at the same cost per page as a black-and-white HP LaserJet printer.2
- Boost productivity and save time with print speeds up to 20 ppm A4 and 21 ppm letter.
- Print on wireless 3,4 or Ethernet networks. Plus print from – and save to – flash drives.
- Easily manage paper use with automatic two-sided printing.
- Install in only a few minutes – there’s no CD required with HP Smart Install.5
Web-connected efficiency and expandability
- Use business apps and the 3.5-inch (8.89 cm) colour touchscreen to access and print information from the web.6
- Convert hard copies to digital files quickly and easily – scan straight to a USB, email, or network folder.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.1
- Proactively manage office printing with HP Web Jetadmin.
Optimised energy savings
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.7 Also save with Instant-on Technology.8
- Conserve resources and save paper, using automatic two-sided printing – get up to 50% paper-savings.
- Get centralised, easy access to custom, energy-saving options and printer settings with HP EcoSMART Console.
- Take advantage of free, easy recycling – cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.9
1 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
2 Compared with HP LaserJet Pro M1536. Assuming customer is printing at least 30% of total pages in color with content similar to the color ISO/IEC 19798 test suite (www.iso.org/jtc1/sc28) and overall average job length of three pages. Yields established using ISO/IEC test standards. Actual yields and costs vary considerably depending on images printed, number of color pages printed, and other factors.
3 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
4 Wireless connectivity available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 Colour MFP M475dw only.
5 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
6 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
7 Energy savings based on internal HP testing of Auto-On/Auto-Off setting compared with default setting. Minimum savings based on a 45-minute sleep delay. Maximum savings based on a 1-minute sleep delay. Actual results may vary.
8 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
9 Program availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print, copy, scan, fax
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- Print speed color:
Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 17 sec
Color: As fast as 17 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 40,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
1000 to 2500
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best):
- Up to 600 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5c
- HP postscript level 3 emulation
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen, LCD (color graphics)
- Processor speed:
- 600 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Business Applications
- Wireless capability:
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 Host USB port (front-panel)
- 1 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port
- 1 RJ-11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OSX v 10.5, v 10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory card compatibility:
- USB Flash drive
- Memory, standard:
- 192 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 448 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 250-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 16K, 10 x 15 cm, postcards (JIS single, JIS double), envelopes (ISO DL, ISO C5, ISO B5); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 16K, 10 x 15 cm, postcards (JIS single, JIS double), envelopes (ISO DL, ISO C5, ISO B5); Automatic duplexer: A4, B5
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 100 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, brochure, colored, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Media weights, supported:
- Tray 1: 60 to 176 g/m² (up to 220 g/m² with postcards and HP Color laser glossy photo papers); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 60 to 163 g/m² (up to 176 g/m² with postcards); Automatic duplexer: 60 to 163 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- PDF, searchable PDF, JPG, RTF, TXT, BMP, PNG, TIFF
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 300 dpi (color and mono, ADF); Up to 600 dpi (color, flatbed); Up to 1200 dpi (mono, flatbed)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
(While scanning to file from ADF. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration and document complexity. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Copy speed (normal)
Black:Up to 20 cpm
Color:Up to 20 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics):
- Up to 300 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 33.6 kbps
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 250 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 120 numbers
- Broadcast locations:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
465 watts (Printing), 405 watts (Copying), 18 watts (Ready), 6.0 watts (Sleep), 0.5 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 30ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 70% RH (non-condensing)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 420 x 483 x 500 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 420 x 693 x 500 mm
- 29.5 kg
- Package weight:
- 35 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Multifunction Printer
- Four preinstalled introductory
- HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield~1400 pages)
- In-box documentation (Hardware installation guide), Warranty card (for China Indonesia, Argentina, Mexico)
- Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROMs
- Power cord
- Telecom fax cable
- Built-in Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Built-in Wireless card
- USB cable
- Cable included:
- 1 Year Limited Warranty (Next Business Day On-Site), plus 2 Years Extended Support
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
• Reduce paper use by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
• Lower your impact—reduce energy and paper use with HP EcoSMART Console.
[eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. Find out how at our website.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dn
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to Singapore only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.