- For Home
- For Business
- Produce professional-quality colour documents with ease and speed. Seamlessly integrate into your office or wireless home network.12 HP features help you save paper3 and energy, and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.4
- Ideal for printing professional-quality colour documents with an easy-to-use, low-cost printer.
Professional-grade speed and colour
- Boost productivity and save time with print speeds up to 20 ppm A4 and 21 ppm letter.
- Produce bold text and smooth colour with HP ImageREt 3600 and Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Produce colour marketing materials in-house on a range of media sizes by using tips and templates from HP.
- Print documents affordably. Get the same black cost per page as a black-and-white HP LaserJet printer.5
Manageability, productivity, and mobility
- Conserve resources and save paper, using automatic two-sided printing.3
- Proactively manage office printing with HP Web Jetadmin.
- Conveniently locate the printer anywhere in the office, using built-in wireless connectivity.12 Share printing resources, using built-in Ethernet.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.4
Easy-to-use and resource-conserving
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.6 Also save with Instant-on Technology.7
- Start right away with HP Smart Install.8 Use HP Auto Wireless Connect to autoconfigure networking.12
- Receive consistent results with Original HP cartridges and easily reorder with HP SureSupply.9
- Take advantage of free, easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.10
1 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
2 Built-in wireless is available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 Colour M451nw and M451dw only.
3 Automatic two-sided printing is available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 M451dn and M451dw only.
4 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
5 Compared with HP LaserJet Pro P1566/ P1606dn printer. Assuming customer is printing at least 30% of total pages in colour with content similar to the colour ISO/IEC 19798 test suite (http://www.iso.org/jtc1/sc28) and overall average job length of three pages. Yields established using ISO/IEC test standards. Actual yields and costs vary considerably depending on images printed, number of colour pages printed, and other factors.
6 Energy saving based on internal HP testing of Auto-On/Auto-Off setting compared with default setting. Minimum savings based on a 45-minute sleep delay. Maximum savings based on a 1-minute sleep delay. Actual results may vary.
7 Compared with traditional fusing.
8 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
9 Program features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
10 Program availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print speed black:
- Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- Print speed color:
Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 17 sec
Color: As fast as 17 sec
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 40,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume:
- 750 to 2000
- Recommended monthly page volume note:
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 600 MHz
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP postscript level 3 emulation
- 2-line LCD (text)
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Business Applications
- Wireless capability:
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) SP2: Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OSX v 10.5, v 10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SuSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory, standard:
- 128 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 384 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 250-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 16K, 10 x 15 cm, postcards (JIS single, JIS double), envelopes (ISO DL, ISO C5, ISO B5); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 16K, 10 x 15 cm, postcards (JIS single, JIS double), envelopes (ISO DL, ISO C5, ISO B5); Automatic duplexer: A4, B5
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 100 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, brochure, colored, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Supported media weight:
- Tray 1: 60 to 176 g/m² (up to 220 g/m² with postcards and HP Color Laser glossy photo papers); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 60 to 163 g/m² (up to 176 g/m² with postcards); Automatic duplexer: 60 to 163 g/m²
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
425 watts (Active), 15.2 watts (Ready), 4.0 watts (Sleep), 0.5 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- EPEAT® Bronze
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 30ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 70% RH (non-condensing)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 405 x 484 x 322 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 405 x 689 x 322 mm
- 23.64 kg
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 595 x 495 x 462 mm
- Package weight:
- 28.2 kg
- What's in the box:
- Four preinstalled introductory HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield ~1400 pages)
- In-box documentation (Hardware installation guide), Warranty card (China, Indonesia, Brazil, Japan)
- Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROMs
- Power cord
- Built-in Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- USB cable (AP only)
- Cable included:
- 3 Years Next Business Day Hardware Support
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
• Reduce paper use by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
• Lower your impact—reduce energy and paper use with HP EcoSMART Console.
[eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. Find out how at our website.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 400 color Printer M451dn
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to Singapore only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.