- For Home
- For Business
- A web-connected MFP for office productivity. Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint1, and share resources with wireless networking.2 Improve workflow with access to business apps, and get professional-quality documents time and again.
- Ideal for business users who need high-quality documents from a web-connected MFP, and who want to print from mobile devices.
Increase productivity—even on the go.
- HP ePrint—now you can print from virtually anywhere.1
- Scan documents directly to email or a network folder—even even scan two-sided pages quickly and easily.
- Setup and share anywhere in the office with wireless and Ethernet connectivity.3 Configure networking fast.4
- Save time and do more, using a 50-page automatic document feeder with two-sided scan and copy capabilities.
Easily manage print jobs and access business apps.
- Use 2-way apps and a color touchscreen to access and print from the web—even scan to online storage sites.5
- Plug and print in as fast as five minutes—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.6
- Use the convenient USB port to print from—and save scans to—a flash drive.
- Easily control your print environment and deploy updates using market-leading management tools.
Produce high-quality documents time after time.
- Print high-quality documents with bold text and sharp images, using Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Stay productive with trusted HP reliability—this MFP has a recommended monthly page volume of up to 50,000 pages.
- Save time with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges that are reliable and easy to install.
- Print more affordably, using an optional high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge.7
Reduce your environmental impact.
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.8
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.9
- This MFP's compact size is designed to use less space and create less packaging waste.
1 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents, and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
2 Not available on all printers. Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require driver or apps, available for download at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
3 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
4 HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. For information on compatibility, visit hp.com/go/autowirelessconnect.
5 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
6 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
7 HP 280X LaserJet Black Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
8 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
9 Program availability varies. HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print, copy, scan, fax, walk-up USB
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 33 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 50,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
750 to 3000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 5e
- HP PCL 6
- HP postscript level 3 emulation
- direct PDF (v 1.7) printing
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen CGD (Color Graphic Display)
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, HP wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint™, Business Applications
- Wireless capability:
- Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wireless Direct
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Host USB
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T
- 1 Walk-up USB
- 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- 1 RJ-11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
- Linpus Linux: 9.4, 9.5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0, OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4, Fedora: 14, 15, Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i
- Memory, standard:
- 256 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 256 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional third 500-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; A6; B5 (JIS)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Multipurpose tray: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet feeder/tray: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock
- Media weights, supported:
- Tray 1: 60 to 163 g/m² (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional tray 3: 60 to 120 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- PDF, searchable PDF, JPG, RTF, TXT, BMP, PNG, TIFF (scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support JPG and PDF)
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 1200 dpi (color and mono, flatbed); Up to 300 dpi (color and mono, ADF)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 381 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
Up to 20 ppm (b&w), up to 9 ppm (color)
(While scanning to file from ADF. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration and document complexity. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Yes, single pass duplexing ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan direct to email
- scan to network folder
- or scan to Cloud
- File formats, supported:
- Scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support: JPG, PDF
- Copy speed (normal)
- Black:Up to 33 ppm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 3 sec per page
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will increase the transmission time.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 300 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi (halftone enabled)
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 120 numbers (119 group dials)
- Broadcast locations:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Power consumption
600 watts (Printing), 420 watts (Copying), 10.5 watts (Ready), 9.5 watts (Sleep), 0.1 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 439.9 x 382.7 x 423.5 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 439.9 x 633.4 x 660 mm (multipurpose tray and foldup cover extended; tray 2 extended to legal-size; ADF fully open)
- 15.1 kg
- Package weight:
- 19.6 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet M425 MFP, power cord(s), HP LaserJet CF280A Black Print Cartridge, Getting Started Guide, support flyer, CDs containing device software and electronic User's Guide, phone cord(s)
- Cable included:
- Software included:
- Windows: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver, ReadIris Software; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PS driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Ink Widget, HP Utility, ReadIris Software, Scan to email/folder setup
- 1 Year Next Business Day Hardware Support
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
• Save paper by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
• Reduce energy use with HP Instant-on Technology and Instant-on Copy.[eco02]
[eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
[eco02]Compared with products that use traditional fusing and cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dw
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to Singapore only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.