- For Home
- For Business
- Produce professional colour documents that help boost business. Use business apps to access and print from the web.12 Locate the printer anywhere in the office, using wireless connectivity.32 Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.4
- Producing professional-quality color in the office, for printing from virtually anywhere, and for accessing apps to print web content without a PC.41
Print with ease—from virtually anywhere.
- Use business apps and the 3.5-inch (8.89 cm) colour touchscreen to access and print from the web.12
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.4
- Set up anywhere in the office with built-in wireless networking.32 Share printing resources on a network.
- Print from a flash drive, using the easy-access USB port.2
Create high-impact, colour marketing materials.
- Produce vivid colours with HP ImageREt 3600 and ColorSphere II toner. Optimize settings with HP EasyColor.
- Boost productivity with print speeds up to 14 pages per minute A4 and letter.5
- Create impressive colour marketing materials in the office on a range of media, including HP specialty papers.
- Print documents affordably. Get the same black cost per page as a black-only HP LaserJet printer.6
Do more with easy setup and energy savings.
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.7 Save energy and time with Instant-on Technology.8
- Install your printer fast—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.9
- Receive consistent results with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges and reorder with HP SureSupply.10
- Get free, easy recycling—toner cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.11
1 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements. For details, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
2 Feature only available on the HP LaserJet Pro 200 Colour M251nw Printer.
3 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
4 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
5 Printing speed measured using ISO/IEC 24734 and excludes first set of test documents. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. FPO exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software program, document complexity, network, media width, media weight, environment, and job size.
6 Compared with HP LaserJet Pro P1566/P1606dn printer. Assuming customer is printing at least 30% of total pages in colour with content similar to the colour ISO/IEC 19798 test suite (www.iso.org/jtc1/sc28) and overall average job length of three pages. Yields established using ISO/IEC test standards. Actual yields and costs vary considerably depending on images printed, number of colour pages printed, and other factors.
7 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
8 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
9 HP Smart Install works with Microsoft® Windows only.
10 Program features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
11 Program availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
12 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled and within wireless range of the printer. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled and may require a firmware upgrade. Feature may require the download of drivers or apps to mobile device, available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
13 HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. For information on compatibility, visit www.hp.com/go/autowirelessconnect.
- Print speed black:
- Normal:Up to 14 ppm
- Print speed color:
Normal:Up to 14 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 18.5 sec
Color: As fast as 19 sec
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 30,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume:
- 250 to 1500
- Recommended monthly page volume note:
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 750 MHz
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP postscript level 3 emulation (via Universal Print Driver)
- 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen Color Graphic Display (CGD)
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, HP wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, secure wireless direct printing
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 Host USB
- 1 Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port
- 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n networking
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 200 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 200 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or network port;
Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 256 MB RAM; 300 MB free hard disk space; CD/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SuSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory, standard:
- 128 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 128 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 150-sheet input tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 125-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 16K; 10 x 15 cm, postcards (JIS single, JIS double); envelopes (DL, C5, B5)
- Media sizes, custom:
- 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, brochure, colored, glossy, heavy, letterhead, light, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), transparencies, labels, envelopes, cardstock
- Supported media weight:
- 60 to 163 g/m² (up to 220 g/m² with HP laser glossy photo papers)
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
315 watts (Printing), 11.5 watts (Ready), 5.1 watts (Sleep), 0.2 watts (Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 405 x 453 x 265 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 405 x 512 x 354 mm (input tray extended to legal-size, touchscreen control panel rotated up)
- 18.8 kg
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 500 x 333 x 550 mm
- Package weight:
- 22.77 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro 200 colour MFP M251nw
- Pre-installed introductory HP Black, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta LaserJet Toner Cartridges
- CDs containing device software and electronic documentation
- Install Guide, Support flyer, Warranty guide
- power cord
- USB cable
- Cable included:
- Yes, 1 USB cable
- 1 Year Limited Warranty (Return to HP/Dealer - Unit Exchange), plus 2 Years Extended Support
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns the printer on when you need it, off when you don’t[eco01]
• Reduce energy use with Instant-on Technology[eco02]
• Free, convenient cartridge recycling in more than 50 countries[eco03]
[eco01]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
[eco02]Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
[eco03]Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries, territories, and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to Singapore only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.