- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- Are you being forced to choose between performing fewer SQL server backups or spending more for additional storage?
HP 3PAR Application Suite for Microsoft SQL is a highly efficient solution that enhances the functionality of HP 3PAR Virtual Copy Software by automatically creating point-in-time snapshots of Microsoft SQL server databases for rapid online recovery. It creates and manages hundreds of application-consistent, reservationless, snapshots of SQL databases.
These snapshots can be used to quickly restore SQL databases or non-disruptively backup databases to tape for near-continuous data protection. Scores of snapshots can be kept online economically, allowing extended or frequent recovery points.
Unlike host-based backup solutions where the time to backup is proportional to the database size, Application Suite for Microsoft SQL creates snapshots instantaneously, irrespective of database size.
- Support for HP 3PAR OS 3.1.2MU2, 3.1.2MU3, 3.1.3
- FC based snapshot management support with vSphere VMDirectPath and Windows Virtual Fibre Channel
- Support for HP Data Protector 8.0
- Support for 3PAR VSS HWP 2.3
- Support for VMware vSphere 5.1u1, 5.1u2, 5.5
- Support for Windows server (Hyper-V Guest OS) 2012 R2
Rapid, Affordable Recovery of SQL Mission-Critical Databases for Enhanced Productivity
- The HP 3PAR Application Suite for Microsoft SQL enables your SQL server databases to be quickly recovered to a known point-in-time or to the point of failure, speeding up a variety of operations including rapid recovery of the production SQL server.
- Array-based implementation leverages HP 3PAR Virtual Copy Software to enable dozens of snapshots to be kept online economically which supports extended or frequent SQL database recovery points.
- Unlike host-based backup solutions where the time to backup is proportional to the size of the database, virtual copies created with Application Suite for Microsoft SQL are instantaneous, irrespective of database size.
- Integration with Microsoft VSS provides a standardized interface for creating snapshots; advanced scheduler feature provides automated snapshot creation to control administration costs.
- The 3PAR Application Suite for Microsoft SQL can be used to make a range of scenarios simpler and more efficient, including creating snapshots for testing and development purposes.
Supports Highly Granular and Flexible Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives Reducing Downtime
- The Application Suite for Microsoft SQL reduces the backup window and associated “race to daylight” by integrating with Microsoft VSS to power the creation of hundreds of non-disruptive, application-consistent snapshots of single or multiple volumes for off-host backup.
- Scalable, non-duplicative snapshots allow administrators a greater number of snapshots for a frequent extended history of recovery points, giving flexibility when committing to a given Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Delivers flexibility to restore from snapshot (via fast disk-to-disk restore) or to directly and instantaneously mount the snapshot on the host, which allows administrators to offer increasingly aggressive Recovery Time Objective (RTO) service level agreements (SLAs) to customers.
- Integration with backup products such as HP Data Protector, Symantec NetBackup and Symantec Backup Exec deliver fast, reliable backup to tape and recovery staging to disk from tape.
- Integration with optional HP 3PAR Remote Copy Software gives organizations an ideal solution for cost-effective replication of SQL database over any distance to facilitate business continuity following a primary site outage.
- Microsoft® is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- vSphere® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Hyper-V® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- SQL Server® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Supported hardware environment:
- HP 3PAR Storage systems, HP 3PAR StoreServ
- Supported software environment:
- HP 3PAR Operating System
- HP warrants only that the software media will be free of physical defects for a period of ninety (90) days from delivery. For more information about HP’s Global Limited Warranty and Technical Support, visit: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/warranty.html.
- Microsoft® is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.; vSphere® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.; Hyper-V® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.; VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.; SQL Server® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are HP's recommended retail prices and inclusive of GST and exclusive of delivery at the time of publication. Prices, promotions, specifications and availability are applicable to Singapore only and may change without prior notice. Prices are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers given above may vary from reseller prices and offers.