HP is excited to announce the release of Data Protector 8.1 that upends the traditional backup and recovery models by leveraging application and infrastructure awareness and operational analytics to improve business resiliency, continuity and uptime within IT environment.
HP Data Protector 8.1 delivers:
- SAP HANA integration—provides comprehensive backup and recovery to SAP HANA in-memory databases, enables backup and recovery operations directly through SAP HANA interface, restores data and performs database recovery to a state at the specific point in time or the most recent restorable state.
- Disaster recovery enhancements— include new object selection methods, restore options and wizard pages streamline and automate disaster recovery process.
- Better Together with HP Storage — improved HP StoreOnce compression delivering superior efficiency, encryption and instant recovery support.
- Priority-based scheduler— enables enterprises to back up mission-critical application data based on an organization's unique business requirements.
- Extensive platform integration—includes new integration with Microsoft® Active Directory and VMware vCenter 5.5 for Single Item Recovery, and certification of both VMware vSphere 5.5 and vCloud Director 5.5. HP Data Protector 8.1 also features many new platform certifications, such as application agent support for Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and IBM DB2 10.5, disk agent support for Debian 7.0 and AIX 64 bit, and media agent support for AIX 64 bit and Solaris 11.1.
Read the Data Protector 8.1 press release
Download the Data Protector data sheet
Download the Data Protector 8.1 quick specs
- Maximize storage efficiency with HP StoreOnce Federated Deduplication
- Ensures business continuity with mission critical application protection
- Perform conceptual search to instantly recover backup data
- Automates protection for VMware based multi-tenant cloud environment
- Reduce cost and complexity with integrated Cloud Backup
Register now for HP Discover