HP recommends Windows® 7.
Your personal Help Desk
When you have questions about your HP products, wouldn't it be nice to have a friend standing by with all the answers? Now you can, with HP SmartFriend Service - Your own personal help desk!
What is SmartFriend?
It is the equivalent of a helpful friend or knowledgeable family member, providing remote support for a wide range of Windows applications including email clients, Security Software, Productivity Suites, Media Players and more.
HP SmartFriend is available by phone 24/7. When you need help fast, turn to a friend – HP SmartFriend
An indicative guide is as follows for the various catergories:
- Email Clients: Eudora, MS Outlook (All Versions), Thunderbird, Windows Mail, Outlook Express, etc.
- Security SW’s: Norton, McAfee, AVG, Panda, CA, etc.
- Productivity Suites: MS Office, Open Office Org, MS Works, etc.
- CD/DVD Burning SW’s: Roxio, Sonic, One Click, etc
- Media Players : Windows Media Player, Real Player, Rhapsody Player, VLC Player, etc
- Networking: Creating a new Network, Adding a Computer to a Network, Adding a Printer to a Network, Adding an Extender Device on a Network (e.g.: X-Box)
Find the complete list of applications here:
Contact us to learn more.
*Smart Friend is available from Nov 1 2008
Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.