HP Acknowledges Global Mission-critical Computing Innovators
PALO ALTO -- HP todayannounced the winners of the 2012 Mission-Critical InnovationAwards, a worldwide competition recognizing organizations thatutilize HP and Intel technologies to execute leading-edgemission-critical solutions to address their data-intensive,large-scale applications.
Tata Consulting Services, FIS-ASP, Gravic, Istituto G. Caporale and Kenya Women Finance Trust DepositTaking Microfinance were honored for addressingmission-critical computing challenges while attaining new levels ofavailability, scalability and reliability for complexworkloads.
"As mission-criticalclients face increased workload demands, they need technologiesthat seamlessly deliver greater performance and agility," saidLorraine Bartlett, vice president, Worldwide Marketing andStrategy, Business Critical Systems, HP. "These industry-leadingfirms have successfully deployed solutions with combinedtechnologies from HP and Intel to support massive workloads thatenable these organizations to thrive."
An independent panel ofjudges from leading nonprofit and professional organizations, aswell as research institutions including CERN openlab, EnderleGroup, Pyalla Technologies and Secure64 Software reviewed thesubmissions. Criteria considered by the judges included difficultyof the IT challenge, originality of the solution and resultsachieved.
"These nominationsexemplify the level of success that organizations are achievingwith HP solutions on both Intel Xeon processor and Itaniumprocessor systems," said Lisa Graf, vice president and generalmanager, Datacenter and Connected Systems Group Marketing, Intel."The winners demonstrate what is possible when organizations aredetermined to drive their mission-critical computing forward withIntel-based HP Solutions."
Enterprises and governmentssubmitted entries in the categories of Mission-Critical Data, DataCenter Modernization, Best New Application andHumanitarian/Environmental Impact. This year's winners include:
- Mission-Critical Data: Tata Consulting Services(TCS)—India-based provider of IT services, business solutions andoutsourcing, improved collaboration among their 240,000 globalemployees by enhancing scalability, performance and stability fornew social networking platforms using HP Integrity servers runningIntel® Itanium® 9300-series processors and HP-UX. TCS also used HP ProLiant BL460c servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6and virtualized with VMware for additional support of databaseapplications. The new infrastructure offers high availabilityfeatures and a reliable failover solution for TCS, while alsoproviding the company with a scalable solution that is less complexthan competitive offerings.
- Data Center Modernization: FIS-ASP—German SAP outsourcing firmleveraged HP CloudSystem Matrix with Cloud Service Automation on HP Integrity, as well as HP Integrity blade servers with Intel Itanium processors and HP-UX 11i v3 with HP 3PAR Storage, to automate installations for SAP customers inone day,(1) which previously took a month. The shortenedinstallation timeframe allows FIS-ASP to now address new marketswith smaller SAP installations.
- Best New Application: Gravic Inc.—American provider of datacollection, transformation and distribution solutions, used HP Integrity NonStop NS1200 servers running Gravic Shadowbase®software to establish a fault-tolerant architecture for a bankingcustomer located on the Pacific Ring of Fire, which experiencesfrequent earthquakes and volcanic activity. With an active/activedata replication solution in place, critical banking applicationsremain active and reachable even in the event of natural disasters.Gravic's HP and Intel based infrastructure allows the bank to avoidapplication downtime, both for planned and unplanned outages, aswell as dramatically improves failover time.
- Humanitarian/Environmental Impact: Istituto Giuseppe Caporale(ICT)—The Italian National Public Health Service, a public healthinstitution, provides scientific and technical support to nationaland regional governments in animal health and welfare, veterinarypublic health, and food safety. ICT deployed HP Superdome 2 with HP-UX 11i v3 to analyze more than 1 billion records annuallyand expand research for effective control and prevention ofdisease. The agency also deployed the datonix.it web application onHP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosures with HP Integrity BL860c i2 server blades, and its data repositoryruns on an HP 6400 Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) networked with an HP 8/80 SAN switch. ICT's updated infrastructure saw decreasedprocessing time for complex data, from 12 hours to one, allowingfor faster reporting of animal disease studies to the Ministry ofHealth. With a new simplified administration, ICT is saving up to10 man-hours per month, allowing resources to be redirected tostrategic projects to enhance public health services.
- Humanitarian/Environmental Impact: Kenya Women Finance TrustDeposit Taking Microfinance Limited (KWFT DTM)—Serving 600,000clients, of which 80 percent are located in remote rural areas ofKenya, KWFT DTM selected HP Superdome 2 and HP Integrity BL890c i2 servers to create a highly availabledata center and reduce business processing time from 12 hours tounder four hours. KWFT DTM also increased uptime from 82 percent to99 percent,(1) speeding the loan process toorganizations that promote the use of clean energy, including solarlanterns for domestic and commercial purposes, electricity, and thepurchase of gas cylinders and use of bio gas. The upgradedinfrastructure allows KWFT DTM to concentrate more on growing thebusiness by reducing time spent on fixing system errors and cuttingcosts incurred in power and maintenance functions.
HP's premier Europe, MiddleEast and Africa client event, HP Discover, takes placeDec. 4-6 in Frankfurt, Germany.
(1) Based oninternal client data.
Intel and Itanium aretrademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and othercountries.
This news advisory containsforward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties andassumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or suchassumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidatedsubsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. Allstatements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but notlimited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives ofmanagement for future operations; any statements concerningexpected development, performance, market share or competitiveperformance relating to products and services; any statementsregarding anticipated operational and financial results; anystatements of expectation or belief; and any statements ofassumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertaintiesand assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends andevents; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; thedevelopment and transition of new products and services (and theenhancement of existing products and services) to meet customerneeds and respond to emerging technological trends; the executionand performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers andpartners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets,including intellectual property licensed from third parties;integration and other risks associated with business combinationand investment transactions; the hiring and retention of keyemployees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirementcosts and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results ofrestructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related tothe cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans;expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timingof cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans;the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; andother risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's otherfilings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP'sAnnual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31,2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update theseforward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-PackardDevelopment Company, L.P. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice. The only warranties for HPproducts and services are set forth in the express warrantystatements accompanying such products and services. Nothing hereinshould be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HPshall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissionscontained herein.
Stiki z mediji
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.