HP Extends Mission-critical Enterprise Environments
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today expanded its portfolio of highly available, efficient and proven solutions for enterprises’ most demanding applications and workloads.
The enhancements to the HP-UX operating environment and HP CloudSystem Matrix with HP-UX, as well as new HP Integrity NonStop entry-class servers enable organizations to increase business performance, boost efficiency and reduce costs.
The demand for continuous application availability is growing exponentially due to trends driven by cloud, mobility and big data. For organizations to succeed in this always-on environment, they need a reliable, secure infrastructure for business-critical workloads that are efficient to manage while minimizing the crippling costs of unplanned downtime.
“Enterprises everywhere are required to handle significant data volume while providing customers continuous access and availability to their mission-critical workloads,” said Ric Lewis, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Servers Business, HP. “The latest enhancements to our HP Integrity solutions demonstrate HP’s commitment to provide customers with purpose-built, highly-available infrastructure capabilities for their most critical applications.”
As a continuation of Project Odyssey, a project to redefine the future of mission-critical computing, HP is expanding its offerings for enterprises with new enhancements that deliver industry-leading availability and increased performance for mission-critical workloads.
Advancements in mission-critical operating systems boost business performance
HP continues to innovate the industry-proven HP-UX operating environment,(1) enabling enterprise customers to operate their business-critical workloads more efficiently with minimal risk of downtime in both traditional and cloud environments. The latest HP-UX 11i v3 solution reduces planned downtime for maintenance and upgrades while increasing capacity and performance. With this release, customers can now:
- Perform zero-downtime platform upgrades of virtualized applications between HP Integrity i2 and HP Integrity i4 servers.(2)
- Virtualize larger workloads, with double the virtual machine capacity from previous versions, now with up to 32 processor cores and 256 GB memory.
- Reduce reboot times by up to 50 percent with Soft Reboot, available now for HP Integrity i4 server blades.(3)
- Reconfigure virtualized I/O without system downtime.(4)
With enhancement to HP CloudSystem Matrix with HP-UX, customers can improve efficiency and service level agreement (SLA) performance with:
- Larger private cloud deployments to enable better performance and flexibility, by provisioning workloads running vPars (v6), or with direct I/O networking.
- Lowered entry cost of HP-UX private cloud deployments with new two socket license bundles.
- Increased data center processing capacity by identifying inefficient server processes, so they can be eliminated and resources can be made available for key workloads.
“Given the increasing demands of mission-critical applications, performance and uptime are critical for organizations of all sizes,” said Shannon Poulin, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Solutions Group, Intel. “HP’s new servers allow us to bring the proven capabilities of our latest Itanium processors to a full range of customers, as we continue to drive innovation and performance through the portfolio.”
HP is delivering NonStop server technology to the small to midsize enterprise (SME) market with the new HP Integrity NonStop NS2300 and NS2400 servers. These fully fault-tolerant servers offer the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to any other server in their class.(5)
The new entry-class servers take advantage of the latest-generation Intel® Itanium® processor 9500 series and as a result can handle more demanding application workload processing with a 50-percent increase in main memory capacity.(6)
Pricing and availability
The latest releases of HP-UX 11i v3 and HP CloudSystem with HP-UX are now available worldwide.
HP Integrity NonStop NS2300/NS2400 commercial systems and the telecommunications-specific configurations of the DC-powered HP Integrity NonStop NS2400T/NS2400ST are now available worldwide.
Pricing information on each solution is available through HP representatives.
(1) HP-UX supplies 100 percent global telecommunications companies, Global 100, CNN Money, July 2012. HP-UX supplies 75 percent of pharmaceutical companies, Fortune 100, Fortune, May 2012. HP-UX 30 year anniversary, 2013.
(2) HP internal Integrity VMs can be migrated from their current host to another, while the VM guest and its applications continue to operate. There is no disruption to applications running within the Integrity VM guest being migrated; all network and storage connections within the guest remain operational, December 2013.
(3) Based on internal HP testing, December 2013.
(4) HP internal Integrity VMs can be migrated from their current host to another, while the VM guest and its applications continue to operate. There is no disruption to applications running within the Integrity VM guest being migrated; all network and storage connections within the guest remain operational, December 2013.
(5) Based on Pyalla Technologies research, “HP Offers the Lowest TCO in its Class for Mission-Critical Applications.” Research Note, 2012.
(6) Based on internal HP testing, February 2014.
Intel and Itanium are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Kontakty pre médiá
O spoločnosti HP
Spoločnosť HP vytvára nové možnosti pre technológie, aby boli užitočné pre ľudí, podniky, vlády a celú spoločnosť. Spoločnosť HP, najväčšia technologická spoločnosť na svete, poskytuje portfólio zahŕňajúce tlač, osobné počítače, softvér, služby a infraštruktúru IT na riešenie problémov zákazníkov. Ďalšie informácie o spoločnosti HP (NYSE: HPQ) sú k dispozícii na webovej lokalite http://www.hp.com.