HP Unveils New Fleet of Business-driven PCs
SHANGHAI -- HP today expanded its industry-leading computing portfolio with more than 30 new products engineered to address the design, reliability, security and performance demands of end users and IT departments across businesses of all sizes.
Among the products announced are:
- New UltrabookTM systems for business—including the HP EliteBook Folio 9470m, HP’s first no-compromise Ultrabook for business users—which deliver the style and simplicity users demand, combined with security and manageability to help businesses keep control of their IT.
HP today expanded its industry-leading business computing portfolio with more than 30 new products – including the HP EliteBook Folio 9470m, designed from the ground up for business users who crave the sleek portability of an Ultrabook with the reliability IT demands.
- HP EliteBook p-series notebooks that are designed to MIL-STD 810G testing for vibration, dust, altitude, temperature and drops.(1) The new series features the HP EliteBook 2170p, the smallest, lightest HP business notebook, as well as new additions to the highly configurable HP ProBook b-series and the redesigned HP ProBook s-series.
- Four desktop PC series—the HP Compaq Pro 4300 Business Desktop and All-in-One PC, the HP Compaq Pro 6300 and the HP Compaq Elite 8300— balancing secure manageability, flexibility and trusted reliability.
- New commercial displays, including the HP Compaq L2206tm multitouch-enabled monitor and the HP Compaq LA2405x LED backlit monitor.
- New software solutions, including HP Premier Image(2) for a cleaner, faster user experience with streamlined deployment and HP BIOS Protection,(3) which offers hardware-level protection against virus attacks and other security threats to meet National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines.
“Our business customers today are challenged not only with competitive and economic pressures, but also an onslaught of IT-based issues such as the consumerization of IT and the management of exponential data growth,” said Dan Forlenza, vice president and general manager, Commercial Client Segment, HP. “With innovative, reliable hardware designs and predictive software technologies, these additions to HP’s award-winning commercial product portfolio make it easier for customers to keep their businesses running securely and efficiently.”
On-the-go productivity, durability and reliability
Designed from the ground up for business users, the HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook combines the sleek, lightweight design users crave with the business features and reliability IT demands. Measuring 19 millimeters thin and weighing in at just over 3.5 pounds,(4) this 14-inch diagonal Ultrabook offers enterprise-class docking capabilities and security features, and boots quickly from sleep.
In addition to a full array of ports and connectivity options for built-in 4G wireless WAN, Ethernet, VGA, DisplayPort and USB 3.0, the Ultrabook offers the option for a secondary battery that provides extended run time.(5) The HP EliteBook Folio features long life cycles and stable, consistent images, making it easy to buy and deploy. The Ultrabook is also available in consistent global configurations that allow for product standardization in up to 151 countries as a part of the HP Global Series Program.
The sleek HP SpectreXT Pro Ultrabook and HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook also deliver Windows® 7 Professional(6) for business productivity, providing an answer to the “consumerization of IT” trend. The HP SpectreXT Pro offers an embedded TPM security chip that protects data in email as well as information on the solid state drive for security-conscious users. All three Ultrabooks also feature optional a-band wireless capabilities(7) and optional three-year limited warranties.
The HP EliteBook 2170p is the company’s smallest and lightest-weight business notebook. Ideal for road warriors, the new 11.6-inch diagonal notebook weighs in under 2.9 pounds, yet still supports enterprise-class connectivity, security and management features. With up to nine hours of battery life,(5) the HP EliteBook 2170p is also compatible with the common docking stations used across the HP business notebook portfolio for maximum efficiency.
The new HP EliteBook 2570p steps up to a 12.5-inch-diagonal high-definition (HD)(8) display and also packs an optical drive and extensive connectivity options, including 4G wireless WAN for LTE(9) for no-compromise ultraportable productivity. Also new today, the HP 2570p Docking Station and a long-life battery support the HP EliteBook 2570p with advanced features for maximum productivity.
The HP EliteBook 8470p and 8570p premier business notebooks offer business-critical durability, manageability and security features as well as expanded battery options, including an HP EliteBook 8470p configuration that delivers the best industry battery life—up to 36 hours of run time on a single charge when combined with the optional HP Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery.(10) The notebooks respectively tout 14- or 15.6-inch diagonal displays and deliver smooth audio quality from SRS Premium Sound PRO, which is available across the HP EliteBook p-series for crisp, powerful sound directly from the notebook.
All of the new HP EliteBooks also employ HP’s design framework, which embodies a timeless construction. Precision-engineered durability features are designed with the environment in mind, and the four systems also sport third-generation Intel® Core™ processors(11) for great performance and long battery life.
The new, highly configurable HP ProBook b-series mainstream notebook PCs offer 14- or 15.6-inch diagonal displays with UMA or discrete graphics. Protected by a durable case with a wear-resistant tungsten-colored finish, the HP ProBook b-series also helps keeps data safe with the HP 3D DriveGuard,(12) which helps the notebooks withstand the bumps common with mobile use. Intel vPro Technology(13) provides enhanced IT manageability capabilities on the HP ProBook 6470b and 6570b, and the HP ProBook 6475b delivers the latest AMD technology for affordable business productivity.
Sporting a new industrial design, the HP ProBook s-series notebook PCs provide easy-to-use security for small and medium businesses, combined with an aluminum casing that strengthens the exterior. Measuring 13.3 to 17.3 inches diagonally, the notebooks offer multimedia capabilities for videoconferencing in the office and entertainment consumption after hours in both Intel and AMD-based configurations.
Designed to enhance HP notebook platforms and business productivity, HP is debuting a range of new business notebook accessories. HP Docking Stations and HP Advanced Docking Stations offer expansive connectivity for a true desktop experience, with convenient port replication, USB 2.0 and 3.0 compatibility, battery charging, and an upgrade bay for additional storage.(14)
HP Port Replicators enable quick access to USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices and expand productivity with a connection to one or two external displays—all through a single USB cable.(14) New wireless and USB keyboards and mice also stylishly complement HP notebook platforms and help create a total workspace solution at the desk.
Flexible desktop solutions for increased business productivity
The latest all-in-one desktop solution for businesses, the HP Compaq Pro 4300 All-in-One is HP’s most space-efficient commercial all-in-one built for business-class performance with the latest PC technologies. The versatile design is equipped to collaborate with multimedia-rich features and impressive graphics, as well as smart connectivity enhancements like a serial port and expandable storage, including solid state and self-encrypting hard drives. It features a 20-inch diagonal, LED backlit display and is powered by third-generation Intel Core processors(11) and Intel HD Graphics.
Ideal for small businesses, the space-saving HP Compaq Pro 4300 Small Form Factor Desktop PC offers the latest Intel processors backed by affordable, business-class quality and reliability.
The HP Compaq Pro 6300 Series offers proven technologies combined with the right blend of expansion capabilities and deployment options. The latest Intel processors and integrated Intel HD Graphics in two chassis options also provide optimal performance. All of the new HP business desktops also feature a choice of optional discrete graphics solutions from AMD and NVIDIA.
HP’s top-of-the-line commercial tower PCs, the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Series, incorporates the latest management, security and expansion with a premium support experience through the unique HP Elite service program. A broad portfolio of available chassis options and the latest Intel processors are designed to match the needs and deployment scenarios of businesses.
Designed for high-traffic, customer-facing areas and users who benefit from multi-touch capabilities, the new HP Compaq L2206tm 21.5-inch diagonal LED backlit monitor features optical touch performance with three sensors for on-the-spot touch recognition. The display supports finger input or passive stylus input for improved precision in drawing and handwriting applications, plus height, tilt and pivot adjustments.
The HP Compaq LA2405x monitor delivers 24-inch-diagonal high-quality viewing and comfort-focused height, tilt, swivel and pivot adjustments. Smart connectivity and brushed-aluminum design accents complement the design of HP’s business desktops, and the widescreen display offers full HD(8) 1,920 x 1,200 resolution screen with LED technology that enables a thinner profile and solid-state reliability.
Professional Innovations for a simplified, secure computing experience
HP business PCs incorporate an array of hardware features and software solutions designed to enhance security, improve ease of use, and help ensure reliability while keeping the environment in mind. The new HP Premier Image(2) includes the full suite of HP EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection, while eliminating trial-ware and other distractions. The cleaner image eases business PC IT deployment, management and support.
HP also includes multilayered client security features that safeguard data, devices and user identities. The latest addition to the HP Client Security portfolio is HP BIOS Protection,(3) which offers hardware-level protection against virus attacks and other security threats. An advanced set of security policies alert IT to unauthorized changes to the system BIOS, detects possible corruption or attack, and then automatically reverts to a functional state to help prevent data loss, reduce downtime and lower IT support costs.
Pricing and availability(15)
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m is expected to be available in October.
- The HP SpectreXT Pro Ultrabook and HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook start at $1,049 and $849, respectively, and are expected to be available in June.
- The HP EliteBook 2170p and HP EliteBook 2570p start at $999 and $1,099, respectively, and are expected to be available on June 22. The HP EliteBook 8470p and 8570p start at $899 and are expected to be available on June 4.
- The HP ProBook 6470b and 6570b start at $769, the HP ProBook 6475b starts at $669 and the HP ProBook s-series starts at $589. All three HP ProBook series are expected to be available on June 4.
- The HP Compaq Pro 4300 All-in-One is expected to be available in Asia on June 22, and in the Americas this fall. The HP Compaq Elite 8300 and HP Compaq Pro 6300 start at $679 and $579, respectively, and are expected to be available on June 4. The HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF starts at $499 and is expected to be available on July 9.
- The HP Compaq LA2405x starts at $269 and is expected to be available on May 9. The HP Compaq L2206tm starts at $279 and is expected to be available on June 4.
The company also unveiled new Ultrabooks, consumer PCs and business computing and printing solutions, demonstrating its commitment to providing the latest personal computing technology to its customers.
HP’s premier client event, HP Discover, takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.
(1) Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(2) Use of the HP image required. Internet access required. ProtectTools, Connection Manager and HP Power Assistant also deliver the optimal tools for productivity across HP's entire business notebook and desktop lineup.
(3) Requires an HP Tools partition for automatic recovery.
(4) Weight will vary by configuration.
(5) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at MobileMark07 battery benchmark.
(6) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Details are available at www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/.
(7) Wireless access point and internet access required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
(8) HD content required to view HD images.
(9) 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE. 4G LTE is only available in the United States. LTE is expected to be available in June 2012. Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with local vendor for coverage area and availability in a specific area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(10) Up to 36 hours on the HP 8470p requires HP 9-cell (100 WHr) Li-Ion primary battery, separately purchased HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery and customer download of the latest Intel graphics driver and HP BIOS. Notebook must be configured with Intel graphics, optional Intel 160GB SSD drive, HP LED HD Display and requires Windows 7 operating system. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage.
(11) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(12) Requires Microsoft® Windows.
(13) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(14) Features vary by model.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Not all models available in all regions.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. Intel, Intel Core and Ultrabook are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com