- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
HP StoreOnce Backup
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- Has unpredictable data growth resulted in management complexity and risk? HP StoreOnce Backup systems with StoreOnce Catalyst software provide a consistent, high-performance scale-out backup architecture that spans the entire enterprise and Federated Catalyst that can reduce management in large environments.
You can reduce the amount of backup data you need to store by 95% and choose between powerful dedicated appliances for larger offices and data centers, and flexible virtual appliances for smaller and remote offices.
Industry leading backup and restore speeds mean that you can meet shrinking backup windows and recovery SLAs. Plus, with HP StoreOnce as the industry’s only federated deduplication technology, you can dedupe anywhere and control the movement of dehydrated data across the enterprise using your backup application. Seamlessly integrating with your current backup applications, StoreOnce Backup provides flexible integration for SAN, Ethernet and virtualized environments.
- Federated Catalyst (under registered release, see your HP rep or Reseller) allows Catalyst stores to span nodes to create fewer larger stores simplifying backup management in large environments.
- Catalyst over FC (under registered release, see your HP rep or Reseller) provides all the ISV control and source side deduplication benefits of current StoreOnce Catalyst but via your FC fabric.
- VSA now gets all the same features as the appliances including: On-disk and In-flight data encryption, VLAN tagging and secure erase. In addition a new smaller 4TB variant is available.
- Adding Hyper-V support to StoreOnce VSA enables StoreOnce to be used in Microsoft as well as VMware virtual environments.
- StoreOnce Integrity Plus checks data in the backup process during recovery and also continually checks the data when at rest, correcting errors if necessary to avoid the risk of corrupted backups.
Industry-leading, Scale-out Architecture to Meet Enterprise Requirements
- Scale-out architecture allows you to pay as you grow. Choose capacity points available through virtual backup solutions or dedicated appliances that start small and allow you to add in virtual capacity, shelves or nodes.
- With a range of capacity points to suit all requirements from small remote offices to enterprise data centers with centralized monitoring through StoreOnce Enterprise Manager.
- For enterprise data centers the StoreOnce 6500 scales from 120 TB raw (72 TB usable) to 2240 TB raw (1728 TB usable). With StoreOnce Federated Catalyst (under registered release see your rep or Reseller) whose benefit is that it reduces the number of stores, and management, of large environments.
- For mid-size data centers or regional offices choose from StoreOnce 4500 or 4700 and scale from 24 TB raw (16 TB usable) to 192 TB raw (160 TB usable), or the StoreOnce 4900 to scale from 60 TB raw (36 TB usable) to 560 TB raw (432 TB usable).
- For small and remote offices choose the StoreOnce VSA virtual appliance, now with support for Hyper-V, which scales from either 1 to 4 TB or 1 to 10 TB depending on model. Or the entry-level StoreOnce 2700 appliance for 8 TB raw (5.5 TB usable).
Federated Deduplication Across the Enterprise with a Single Deduplication Technology - StoreOnce
- Deduplicate anywhere -- at the application source or at the backup server or at the target appliance. Deduplicate where it makes sense for your business, not where technology vendors’ limitations mandate.
- Save time and money by moving data around the enterprise in its deduplicated state.
- HP StoreOnce delivers a unified solution for seamless data movement across the enterprise; with cost-effective virtual backup machines ideal for smaller remote offices, high-performance dedicated appliances for larger sites, and highly scalable, powerful systems for your data center.
- Federated Deduplication is available across the HP StoreOnce Backup portfolio – including dedicated appliances, virtual backup solutions, and on media servers and application servers with HP Data Protector, Symantec NetBackup and Backup Exec software through OST, Oracle RMAN and BridgeHead software.
- HP StoreOnce Federated Catalyst in a multi-node system allows a store that spans more than one node reducing the number of stores, and thus management of large backup environments.
Backup within your Window and Meet your Restore SLA’s with StoreOnce Industry Leading Performance
- A broad range of superior price/performance points to meet backup windows across the enterprise.
- Up to 139 TB/hour backup speeds at the high-end, with StoreOnce 6500 and StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Up to 22 TB/hour with StoreOnce 4900, or up to 22 TB/hour with StoreOnce 4700, or up to 14 TB/hour with StoreOnce 4500 and StoreOnce Catalyst.
- Up to 3.7 TB/hour with StoreOnce 2700 and up to 0.5 TB/hour for StoreOnce VSA with StoreOnce Catalyst.
- HP StoreOnce Backup delivers the fastest restore performance at up to 75 TB/Hr at up to 119% of the backup performance and states restore speeds unlike other vendors.
Automated, Efficient Backup and Disaster Recovery Operations with StoreOnce Catalyst
- Manage backup and Disaster Recovery operations from a single pane of glass with StoreOnce Catalyst. Catalyst over FC (under registered release, see your HP rep or Reseller) provides all the ISV control and source side deduplication benefits of current StoreOnce Catalyst but via your FC fabric.
- Implement Disaster Recovery plans that were not previously feasible due to lack of multi-site capabilities, cost of bandwidth and time.
- One-to-many Disaster Recovery moves data simultaneously from one site to many sites.
- Cascaded Disaster Recovery moves data sequentially from one site to any number of other sites.
- Alerting and trending in StoreOnce Enterprise Manager to enable backup capacity management.
- Microsoft® is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- NetBackup™ is a trademark of Symantec Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Oracle® is a trademark of Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Hyper-V® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Backup Exec is a trademark of Oracle Corp.
- Symantec is a trademark of Symantec Corp.
Detailed specifications (PDF)
- Related Services
- Drive description:
- (560) LFF SAS
- Maximum, depending on model
- Drive type:
- 4 TB 6G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
- 2 TB 6G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
- 2 TB 3G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
- Supported, depending on model
- Host interface:
- 10 GbE and
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel and
- 1Gb Ethernet and
- 1 GbE vNIC
- Host interface type and number of ports per controller dependent on model.
- Transfer rate:
- 139 TB/hr; Maximum, depending on model
- Virtual appliance:
- HP StoreOnce deduplication
- Number of virtual tape libraries and NAS targets:
- (384) Maximum, depending on model
- Tape cartridges emulated (maximum):
- (6294156) Maximum, depending on model
- Number of source appliances, maximum:
- (384) per target device
- Tape device emulated:
- HP LTO-2/LTO-3/LTO-4/LTO-5/LTO-6 Ultrium Tape Drives in MSL2024 Tape Library, MSL4048 Tape Library, HP D2D generic library with HP D2D generic tape library
- Target for backup applications:
- StoreOnce Catalyst, Virtual Tape Library and NAS (CIFS/NFS)
- Storage expansion options:
- StoreOnce upgrade kits and expansion modules are available for all HP StoreOnce productions (apart from 2700) – scalability is dependent on model
- RAID support:
- Hardware RAID 6 (RAID 5 with StoreOnce 2700 only)
- Replication support:
- Yes – HP StoreOnce replication
- Microsoft® is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.; VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.; NetBackup™ is a trademark of Symantec Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.; Oracle® is a trademark of Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.; Hyper-V® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.; Backup Exec is a trademark of Oracle Corp.; Symantec is a trademark of Symantec Corp.
Detailed specifications (PDF)
- Quick Links
- Related Services
Rate & Review HP StoreOnce Backup
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are the HP's recommended retail prices at the time of publication and exclude applicable taxes . Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers set out herein may change without prior notice and are applicable for Thailand only. Prices are only indicative and are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers set out herein may vary from reseller prices and offers.