- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Modular Ethernet Switches
HP 8200 zl Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 8200 zl Switch Series offers high performance, scalability, and a wide range of features in a high-availability platform that dramatically reduces complexity and provides reduced cost of ownership. As part of a unified wired and wireless network infrastructure solution, the 8200 zl switch series provides platform technology, system software, system management, application integration, wired and wireless integration, network security, and support that are common across HP modular and fixed-port switches.
Together, they deliver an agile, cost-effective, high-availability network solution. With key technologies to provide solution longevity, the 8200 zl switch series is built to deliver long-term investment protection without added complexity for network core, aggregation, and high-availability access layer deployments.
It provides these capabilities while bringing to market the industry's first highly available switch with a lifetime warranty.
- OpenFlow: is a key technology that enables software-defined networking by allowing the separation of data (packet forwarding) and control (routing decision) paths
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Traffic prioritization: allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues
- Bandwidth shaping: Port-based rate limiting: provides per-port ingress-/egress-enforced increased bandwidth. Classifier-based rate limiting: uses an access control list (ACL) to enforce increased bandwidth for ingress traffic on each port. Reduced bandwidth: provides per-port, per-queue egress-based reduced bandwidth.
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
HP AllianceOne integration
- HP AllianceONE Services zl Module: allows you to embed applications directly into the network, either distributed throughout the network at the network edge or centralized in the core or distribution layer; for more information about the HP AllianceONE solution, visit the HP website
- Remote intelligent mirroring: mirrors selected ingress/egress traffic based on ACL, port, MAC address, or VLAN to a local or remote HP 8200 zl, 6600, 6200 yl, 5400 zl, or 3500 Switch anywhere on the network
- RMON, XRMON, and sFlow v5: provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications
- Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD): monitors a cable between two switches and shuts down the ports on both ends if the cable is broken, turning the bidirectional link into a unidirectional one; this prevents network problems such as loops
- HP unified core-to-edge device/network management tools: provide HP networking portfolio-common device-level tools (CLI, Web GUI, and Menu) plus seamless integration into HP PCM+/Identity Driven Manager (IDM) network management deployments
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are the HP's recommended retail prices at the time of publication and exclude applicable taxes . Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers set out herein may change without prior notice and are applicable for Thailand only. Prices are only indicative and are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers set out herein may vary from reseller prices and offers.