- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 5830 Switch Series
Special offer: Special offers:
- The HP 5830AF Switch Series is a family of high-density 1 GbE top-of-rack data center and campus switches that are a part of the HP FlexFabric solution module of the HP FlexNetwork architecture. The two models, the 5830AF-48G and 5830AF-96G switches, are ideally suited for deployments at the server access layer in medium-sized and large enterprise data centers and campus networks.
The HP 5830AF-48G Switch delivers 48 1-GbE ports and up to four 10-GbE ports in a space-saving 1RU package, while the HP 5830AF-96G Switch provides an industry-leading 96 1-GbE ports and up to 10 10-GbE uplink ports in a 2RU form factor.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic policing: supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate
- Powerful QoS feature: creates traffic classes based on access control lists (ACLs), IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, DSCP, or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark; supports the following congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), SP+WRR, and SP+WFQ
- sFlow (RFC 3176): provides scalable ASIC-based wire-speed network monitoring and accounting with no impact on network performance; this allows network operators to gather a variety of sophisticated network statistics and information for capacity planning and real-time network monitoring purposes
- Remote configuration and management: is available through a secure Web browser or a CLI
- Manager and operator privilege levels: enable read-only (operator) and read/write (manager) access on CLI and Web browser management interfaces
- Management VLAN: segments traffic to and from management interfaces, including CLI/telnet, a Web browser interface, and SNMP
- Multiple configuration files: can be stored to the flash image
- Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit ports, jumbo frames allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts forstraight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100/1000 ports
- IPv6 native support: IPv6 host: enables switches to be managed and deployed at the IPv6 network's edge. Dual stack (IPv4 & IPv6): transitions from IPv4 to IPv6, supporting connectivity for both protocols. Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) snooping: IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface. IPv6 ACL/QoS: supports ACL and QoS for IPv6 network traffic, preventing traffic flooding. IPv6 routing: supports IPv6 static routes, RIP, BGP4+v6, IS-ISv6, and OSPF routing protocols.
- Extraordinarily high port density: the HP 5830AF-96G Switch is a single box-type switch that can provide 96 GbE ports and 10 10-GbE ports simultaneously with full line-rate switching and forwarding
- Ultradeep packet buffering: provides up to a 3GB packet buffer to help eliminate network congestion at the I/O associated with heavy use of server virtualization, as well as bursty multimedia, storage applications, and other critical services
- Hardware-based wire-speed access control lists (ACLs): feature-rich ACL implementation (TCAM-based) helps provide high levels of security and ease of administration without impacting network performance
- Local Address Resolution Protocol (ARP): ARP fast reply feature provides an outstanding utilization of air-interface resources by first issuing an ARP request locally before the AP broadcasts over the radio interface
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are the HP's recommended retail prices at the time of publication and exclude applicable taxes . Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers set out herein may change without prior notice and are applicable for Thailand only. Prices are only indicative and are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers set out herein may vary from reseller prices and offers.