HP Redefines Storage Simplicity with Single Architecture for Enterprises of All Sizes
FRANKFURT, Germany -- HP today announced industry-first innovations for its Converged Storage portfolio that break through complexities and inefficiencies with a single architecture for all sizes of client deployments.
Many organizations waste as much as 70 percent of their budgets on capacity that is not actually storing data(1) while administrators struggle to manage dozens of disparate storage architectures. This creates a rigid sprawling infrastructure that often forces organizations to choose between features and affordability.
INFOGRAPHIC: The Next Era--HP Redefines Storage
New hardware and software offerings increase enterprise agility
In 2011, HP announced Converged Storage to address legacy storage limitations exposed by the growth of human information, infrastructure convergence and the emergence of IT-as-a-Service data centers. The HP Converged Storage system vision is polymorphic simplicity. This is a new storage concept that enables a single-system architecture to exist in several forms, shapes and sizes from low to high, but retains common data services for block, object and file applications. This vision also calls for optimization for both hard disk drives (HDD) and solid state disks (SSD). Today, HP is expanding that portfolio to include:
- HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage is the industry's only midrange quad-controller platform offering Tier 1 storage availability and quality-of-service features at an easy entry price point for organizations.(2) Supporting both block and file data services, the system is available with HDD and SSD or as an all-SSD configuration capable of performing more than 320,000 input/output operations per second—2.4 times that of a similarly priced competitive array.(3)
- HP StoreAll Storage, a highly scalable platform for object and file data access, provides a simplified environment for big data retention and cloud storage that reduces the need for additional administrators or hardware. HP StoreAll Express Query was created by HP Labs, the company's central research arm, and is a metadata database that allows clients to conduct search queries 100,000 times faster than previous file system search methods,(4) facilitating informed business decisions based on the most current data. Integration with HP Autonomy Intelligent Data Operating Layer (IDOL) offloads processing tasks to HP StoreAll so that analytics can be rapidly performed with more current data and using less compute hardware. Additional integration with HP StoreAll and HP Autonomy Consolidated Archive, as well as certification of other independent software vendor applications, provides safe, long-term retention of digital assets.
- HP StoreOnce 2000 and 4000 Backup, with support for HP StoreOnce Catalyst software, provides efficient data movement and high-performance deduplication to reduce data protection costs in remote sites and data centers. The new models perform backup operations up to three times faster at a 35 percent lower cost than the closest competitive system.(5)
"Legacy storage vendors are simply not equipped to help organizations respond to new workloads, and bolting on new features to old architectures has created a nightmare," said David Scott, senior vice president and general manager, Storage Division, HP. "HP's unique set of Converged Storage innovations helps clients simplify infrastructure and reduce costs with a common architecture across storage segments and categories."
Improving client return on information, individuals and infrastructure
HP Converged Storage innovations help clients simplify storage infrastructure and respond to unpredictable demands while increasing the value organizations generate from their investments in three areas:
- Return on information—by enabling better and quicker decisions with technologies such as embedded search and analytics to extract value from all types of information.
- Return on infrastructure—by improving asset utilization through a polymorphic design and efficiency technologies to cut capacity needs in half.
- Return on individuals—by providing common data services and centralized management across storage systems to reduce administration time and complexity.
"To keep pace with an unprecedented rate of innovation at Nuance, we recognized an immediate need to enhance the storage infrastructure across our company," said Frederic Van Haren, senior director, Research and Development Labs, Nuance Communications. "With HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage, our infrastructure can instantly adapt to changing workloads and allow our staff to focus on the innovative voice and language solutions we bring to market."
HP also announced new services that help clients optimize their investment and create the right environment for their businesses. They include:
- Technology services that help optimize HP StoreOnce performance and speed transition from HP Enterprise Virtual Array to HP 3PAR Storage.
- The HP Financial Services Capacity on Demand program helps clients respond to unpredictable needs and instantly acquire storage beyond baseline capacity.
- HP Storage Management Services integrate HP 3PAR StoreServ, HP StoreAll and HP StoreOnce Storage to offer HP's new storage technology to enterprise clients with systems management expertise and operational best practices.
Pricing and availability(6)
- The HP StoreServ 7200 is available globally immediately starting at $20,000. HP StoreServ 7400 starts at $32,000. HP Priority Optimization will be available in 2013.
- HP StoreAll Storage is expected to be available globally on Dec. 20, with pricing as low as $0.91 per GB.
- HP StoreOnce 6200 Backup systems are available worldwide immediately for a starting price of $250,000. HP StoreOnce 2000 Backup systems start at $10,000 and HP StoreOnce 4000 Backup systems start at $30,000. Both systems are available immediately worldwide. HP StoreOnce Catalyst Software licenses start at $500.
Additional information about the new HP Converged Storage solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/storage/nextera.
A recording of the HP Discover Frankfurt press conference and additional information about HP's announcements at its premier client event, HP Discover Frankfurt, is available at
(1) Based on research data from Evaluator Group, indicating that on average companies are only using 30 percent of their physical disk capacity for applications.
(2) HP internal competitive pricing and feature analysis of competitors with tracked market share using the following Tier 1 definition: Tier 1 storage has more than two independent controllers, two paths to back-end disk, graceful handling of controller failures without impacting service levels, sub-LUN tiering across HDDs and SSDs, and synchronized three-way replication.
(3) Based on HP internal IOMETER test results of like hardware configurations using 8K 100 percent Random Reads comparing an All-SSD HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 vs. a market share leading midrange array.
(4) Based on HP internal comparison of traditional file system scans versus HP StoreAll Express Query. HP Express Query took 1.434 seconds to complete. The previous find command took 151,278.706 seconds to complete.
(5) Based on HP internal comparative analysis of publicly available data from major competitors.
(6) Estimated U.S. list prices. Actual prices may vary.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Контакты для СМИ
О компании HP
Компания HP создает новые возможности, благодаря которым технологии будут иметь существенное влияние на жизнь людей, бизнес, правительство и общество. HP – это крупнейшая технологическая компания в мире, предлагающая широкий спектр решений для удовлетворения любых потребностей клиентов: системы печати, персональные компьютеры, программное обеспечение, услуги и ИТ-инфраструктуры. Дополнительную информацию об HP (Нью-Йоркская фондовая биржа: HPQ) см. на веб-сайте http://www.hp.com