Recycling & Reuse
We began recycling hardware in 1987 and have recovered over 2.8 billion pounds of products for reuse or recycling since then. More than 75% of our ink cartridges and 24% of HP LaserJet toner cartridges are now manufactured with “closed loop” recycled plastic.
Help us continue to reduce technology waste by participating in our end-of-use options below.
HP Trade in Program
Invest in your future. Maximise your past.
HP’s Trade-In program offers users the opportunity to maximise the value of their aging technology when upgrading to new
- Purchase new. Return old (HP & non-HP products)
- Get attractive cash rebates
- Fast, easy-to-use, instant quote
- Environmentally responsible
Per year, more than 70,000 customers participate in the HP Trade-In program.
HP's Trade-In Program
HP Planet Partners Recycling Program
HP's Planet Partners recycling service provides an easy way to recycle. HP's state-of-the-art processes ensure that computer hardware, empty HP printing supplies and other items are recycled responsibly.
- Recycle HP Inkjet and LaserJet cartridges for free
- Recycle any brand of computer hardware
- Use the online ordering tool to request recycling services
- Recycle HP Large Format Banner/Media for free
Our recycler partners have helped us achieve our goal of responsibly recycling 2 billion pounds of products and materials, including your used hardware.
Save money on IT equipment through our repair and remanufacturing programs which also reduce impact on the environment.
Find answers to your questions about how to recycle and reuse equipment.