- For Home
- For Business
HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer(CE749A)
- Boost your small office's efficiency with Ethernet networking, automatic two-sided printing and easy-to-use features. Save money and energy with Instant-on Technology. Save even more energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology6.
- Ideal for up to 5 users in small and medium offices where a shared, fast laser printer helps reduce environmental impact with automatic two-sided printing and energy-conserving features.
Handle the printing demands of a busy small office with this fast HP LaserJet printer.
- Connect and share this compact printer within a small office, using built-in 10/100 Ethernet networking.
- Print documents fast at up to 25 ppm A4.
- Get a first page out in as fast as 7 seconds from Powersave with Instant-on Technology.
- Choose the media that suits your business purpose as the 250-sheet paper tray and 10-sheet priority input slot handle a wide variety of media types such as card stock, transparencies, labels, envelopes and paper.
Stay on task with easy mobile printing1 and fast setup.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint1. Easily print from smartphones or other Internet-capable devices. And with AirPrint™ you can simply print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®2.
- Plug and print in as fast as two minutes – no CD required with HP Smart Install3.
- Set up and start printing right away with an easy-to-use, intuitive control panel.
- Receive consistent, outstanding results with Original HP cartridges, and easily reorder with HP SureSupply4.
Choose a printer that helps you save paper, energy and money.
- Get up to 50 percent energy savings over competitive laser products, using Instant-on Technology5.
- Save even more with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology6 which senses your printing activity, turning on and off automatically.
- Save paper with automatic two-sided printing and reduce wasted paper by printing only the content you want, using HP Smart Web Printing7.
- HP helps reduce your environmental impact with less packaging, plus free cartridge recycling with HP Planet Partners8.
Make a professional impression with cost-effective laser printing.
- Produce professional-quality business prints with bold, crisp text and sharp images.
- Receive improved print quality with HP FastRes 1200 which delivers smaller print files, crisp text, even tones and smooth business graphics.
- Save space and reduce printer noise with an ultra-compact, space-saving printer with a "quiet" mode9.
- Support for HP PCL 5e enables effective, reliable processing of documents and helps ensure consistent communication across a wide range of devices.
1 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled and within wireless range of the printer. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled and may require a firmware upgrade. Feature may require the download of driver or apps to mobile device, available at www.hp.com/go/eprintercenter.
2 Supports iOS 4.2 devices (iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch) that support multitasking. Works with HP ePrint-enabled printers and all-in-ones. AirPrint and iOS 4.2 devices require an 802.11 wireless network connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint and the AirPrint Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
3 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
4 Programme features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
5 Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® programme’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
6 HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
7 Requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
8 HP toner cartridge return and recycling is available in 49 countries and territories around the world, covering 88% of the addressable market; see www.hp.com/recycle for details.
9 Pages will print at half speed in quiet mode.
- Print speed black:
- Normal:Up to 25 ppm
- (Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 7 sec
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi (1200 effective dpi with HP FastRes 1200)
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 8000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume:
- 250 to 2000
- Recommended monthly page volume note:
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 400 MHz
- Print languages:
- Host-based printing, HP PCL 5e
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100 Ethernet networking
- Connectivity, optional:
- HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11g Print Server
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GB RAM; Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2003: 512 MB RAM; all systems: 350 MB free hard disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB port;
Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, v10.6; 256 MB RAM; 150 MB available hard disk space; CD-ROM drive; USB port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, v10.6
- Linux (see hplip.net for current)
- Unix (ready later and downloadable, see hp.com/go/support)
- Memory, standard:
- 32 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 32 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 250-sheet input tray, 10-sheet priority feed slot
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet face-down bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; A6; B5; postcards; envelopes (C5, DL, B5)
- Media sizes, custom:
- 250-sheet input tray: 147 x 211 to 216 x 356 mm; priority feed slot: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (laser, plain, photo, rough, vellum), envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, postcards
- Supported media weight:
- 60 to 163 g/m²
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 4 A
- Power consumption
440 watts (active), 2.2 watts (standby), 1.6 watts (Auto-Off), 0.4 watts (off); Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 0.895 kWh/Week
(Values subject to change. See http://www.hp.com/go/ljp1600_regulatory for current information. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 32.5º C
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 387 x 284 x 246 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 387 x 461 x 255 mm
- 7.0 kg
- Package dimensions (W x D x H):
- 497 x 330 x 330 mm
- Package weight:
- 9.0 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer
- introductory HP LaserJet Black print cartridge (average cartridge yield 1000 standard pages, declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752)
- power cord
- paper tray cover
- CD(s) with printer software and documentation
- Getting Started Guide, support flyer, Smart Install Flyer
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- One-year limited warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Eco Highlights
• Reduce energy use up to 50% with Instant-on Technology.[eco01]
• Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco02]
• Reduce paper use by up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing.
[eco01]Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
[eco02]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computer hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
HP's WEEE registration number is WEE/EJ0076US This means that HP is a registered producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2007. Read more about recycling your old IT equipment
Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.