- For Home
- For Business
- Boost productivity and gain efficiency: easily print, scan directly to email, copy and fax with a web-connected, colour laser MFP. Produce professional-quality, two-sided colour documents in-house and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint1.
- Ideal for small to medium-size business work teams who need professional-quality colour for producing marketing materials in-house, networking, multifunction capability and mobile printing options.
Print, copy, scan and fax with one efficient, networked HP LaserJet MFP.
- Reduce waste and easily manage paper use with automatic two-sided printing.
- Boost productivity and save time with impressive print speeds up to 20 ppm A4.
- Conveniently locate the MFP anywhere in the office, using wireless connectivity2. Use built-in 10/100 Ethernet to share printing on a network and use the front-facing USB port to print from – and save scans to – a flash drive.
- Install the MFP in only a few minutes and quickly start printing: there's no CD required with HP Smart Install3.
Experience web-connected efficiency and expandability.
- Use business apps and the 8.9 cm (3.5-inch) colour touchscreen to access, store and print information from the web4.
- Convert hard copies to digital files quickly and easily – scan to a USB drive, email or network folder5.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint1. Print from smartphones directly to your printer using HP wireless direct printing6 and print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch® with AirPrint™7.
- Proactively manage this MFP with HP Web Jetadmin.
Make an impression with professional colour marketing materials created in-house.
- Achieve crisp, detailed text and consistently smooth colour with HP ImageREt 3600 and Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Design and produce colour marketing materials in-house on a range of media sizes from 8.9 x 12.7 cm (3.5 x 5 inches) to 21.6 x 35.6 cm (8.5 x 14 inches). Go to www.hp.com/create for tips and templates from HP.
- Print black text affordably – at the same cost per page as a black-and-white HP LaserJet MFP8.
- Save money with high-capacity black print cartridges designed for frequent printing9.
Conserve resources with innovative energy-saving features.
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, which turns the printer on when you need it and off when you don't10. Save even more energy with Instant-on Technology11.
- Manage paper usage and get up to 50% paper savings, using automatic two-sided printing.
- Get centralised, easy access to custom, energy-saving options and printer settings with HP EcoSMART Console.
- Take advantage of free, easy recycling – cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly12.
1 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
2 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections. Wireless connectivity available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dw only.
3 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
4 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
5 May require a firmware upgrade.
6 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require driver or apps, available for download at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Wireless direct printing available only on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dw.
7 Supports iOS 4.2 devices (iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch) that support multitasking. Works with HP ePrint-enabled printers and all-in-ones. AirPrint and iOS 4.2 devices require an 802.11 wireless network connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint and the AirPrint Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
8 Compared with HP LaserJet Pro M1536. Assuming customer is printing at least 30% of total pages in colour with content similar to the colour ISO/IEC 19798 test suite (www.iso.org/jtc1/sc28) and overall average job length of three pages. Yields established using ISO/IEC test standards. Actual yields and costs vary considerably depending on images printed, number of colour pages printed, and other factors.
9 HP LaserJet 305X Black Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
10 Energy savings based on internal HP testing of Auto-Off setting compared with default setting. Minimum savings based on a 45-minute sleep delay. Maximum savings based on a 1-minute sleep delay. Actual results may vary.
11 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
12 Programme availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners programme. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print, copy, scan, fax
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- Print speed color:
Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 17 sec
Color: As fast as 17 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 40,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
1000 to 2500
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5c
- HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- 8.89 cm touchscreen CGD (Colour Graphic Display)
- Processor speed:
- 600 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, business apps
- Wireless capability:
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 Host USB port (front-panel)
- 1 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port
- 1 RJ -11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OSX v10.5, v10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory, standard:
- 192 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 448 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 250-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1, Tray 2, optional Tray 3: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 10 x 15 cm, postcards (JIS single, JIS double), envelopes (ISO DL, ISO C5, ISO B5); Automatic duplexer: A4, B5
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 100 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, brochure, coloured, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Media weights, supported:
- Tray 1: 60 to 176 g/m² (up to 220 g/m² with postcards and HP Color Laser glossy photo papers); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 60 to 163 g/m² (up to 176 g/m² with postcards); Automatic duplexer: 60 to 163 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- PDF, searchable PDF, JPG, RTF, TXT, BMP, PNG, TIFF
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 300 dpi (colour and mono, ADF); Up to 600 dpi (colour, flatbed); Up to 1200 dpi (mono, flatbed)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
(While scanning to file from ADF. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration and document complexity. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan to USB; Scan to folder; Scan to e-mail; Scan to web/cloud
- Copy speed (normal)
Black:Up to 20 cpm
Color:Up to 20 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics):
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 33.6 kbps
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 250 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 120 numbers
- Broadcast locations:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
465 watts (printing), 405 watts (copying), 18 watts (ready), 6.0 watts (sleep), 0.5 watts (manual-off). Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 1.880 kWh/Week
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 30ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 70% RH (non-condensing)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 420 x 483 x 500 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 420 x 693 x 500 mm
- 29.5 kg
- Package weight:
- 35 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dn
- Four preinstalled introductory HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield ~1400 pages)
- In-box documentation (Hardware installation guide)
- Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROMs
- Power cord
- Telecom fax cable
- Built-in Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Software included:
- Windows®: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver, Status Alerts, HP Update, DXP; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP Postscript driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Utility, HP Alerts, HP Firmware Updater
- One-year, next-day, on-site warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Post warranty repair & maintenance
- Please visit our website:
- Related links
- Technical Support / Manuals
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy – HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t.
• Reduce paper use by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
• Lower your environmental impact – reduce energy and paper use with HP EcoSMART Console.
 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. Find out how at our website.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dn
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
HP's WEEE registration number is WEE/EJ0076US This means that HP is a registered producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2007. Read more about recycling your old IT equipment
Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.