- For Home
- For Business
- Produce professional-quality colour documents with ease and speed. Seamlessly integrate into your office or wireless home network1. Save paper with automatic two-sided printing2 and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint3.
- Ideal for work teams of up to 8 users, who need the convenience of wireless and professional-quality colour from an easy-to-use, highly affordable, networked HP LaserJet printer.
Enjoy high productivity with great print speeds and professional-quality colour.
- Boost productivity and save time with print speeds of up to 20 ppm A4.
- Produce crisp, detailed text and consistently smooth colour with HP ImageREt 3600 and Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Design and produce colour marketing materials in-house on a range of media sizes from 8.9 x 12.7 cm (3.5 x 5 inches) to 21.6 x 35.6 cm (8.5 x 14 inches). Go to www.hp.com/create for tips and templates from HP.
- Print documents affordably: get the same black cost per page as a black-and-white HP LaserJet printer4.
Manage networked resources using convenient, intuitive setup and easy-to-use management features.
- Install and proactively manage this printer remotely using HP Web Jetadmin.
- Get started right away with HP Smart Install – no CD required5.
- Use the printer anywhere in the office, with built-in wireless connectivity1. Share printing on a network with built-in 10/100 Ethernet.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint3. Print from a smartphone directly to your printer using HP wireless direct printing6, and print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch® with AirPrint™7.
Reduce your environmental impact.
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, which turns the printer on when you need it and off when you don't8. Save even more energy with Instant-on Technology9.
- Reduce waste and easily manage paper use with automatic two-sided printing2.
- Save money and print for longer with Original HP high capacity black cartridges10, and easily reorder with HP SureSupply11.
- Take advantage of free, easy recycling – cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly12.
1 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections. Built-in wireless is available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color M451nw and M451dw only.
2 Automatic two-sided printing is available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 M451dn and M451dw only.
3 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
4 Compared with HP LaserJet Pro P1566/ P1606dn printer. Assuming customer is printing at least 30% of total pages in colour with content similar to the colour ISO/IEC 19798 test suite (http://www.iso.org/jtc1/sc28) and overall average job length of three pages. Yields established using ISO/IEC test standards. Actual yields and costs vary considerably depending on images printed, number of colour pages printed, and other factors.
5 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
6 Mobile device must be wireless-enabled and within wireless range of the printer. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled and may require a firmware upgrade. Feature may require the download of driver or apps to mobile device, available at http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
7 Supports iOS 4.2 devices (iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch) that support multitasking. Works with HP ePrint-enabled printers and all-in-ones. AirPrint and iOS 4.2 devices require an 802.11 wireless network connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint and the AirPrint Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
8 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
9 Compared with traditional fusing.
10 HP LaserJet CE410X Black Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
11 Programme features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
12 Programme availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners programme. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print speed black:
- Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- Print speed color:
Normal:Up to 20 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 17 sec
Color: As fast as 17 sec
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 40,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume:
- 750 to 2000
- Recommended monthly page volume note:
- HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.
- Print technology:
- Processor speed:
- 600 MHz
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 5c, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- 2-line LCD (text)
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) SP2: Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OSX v10.5, v10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SuSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
- Memory, standard:
- 128 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 384 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 250-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1, Tray 2, optional Tray 3: A4, A5, A6, B5 (JIS), 10 x 15 cm, postcards (JIS single, JIS double), envelopes (ISO DL, ISO C5, ISO B5)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 100 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, brochure, coloured, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Supported media weight:
- Tray 1: 60 to 176 g/m² (up to 220 g/m² with postcards and HP Color Laser glossy photo papers); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 60 to 163 g/m² (up to 176 g/m² with postcards); Automatic duplexer: 60 to 163 g/m²
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption
425 watts (active), 15.2 watts (ready), 4.0 watts (sleep), 0.5 watts (manual-off). Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 1.509 kWh/Week
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- EPEAT® Bronze
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 30ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 20 to 70% RH (non-condensing)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 405 x 484 x 322 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 405 x 689 x 322 mm
- 23.64 kg
- Package weight:
- 28.2 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451dn printer
- Four preinstalled introductory HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield ~1400 pages)
- In-box documentation (Hardware installation guide)
- Software drivers and documentation on CD-ROMs
- Power cord
- Built-in Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- One-year limited warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Post warranty repair & maintenance
- Please visit our website:
- Related links
- Technical Support / Manuals
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy – HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t.
• Reduce paper use by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
• Lower your environmental impact – reduce energy and paper use with HP EcoSMART Console.
 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. Find out how at our website.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 400 color Printer M451dn
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
HP's WEEE registration number is WEE/EJ0076US This means that HP is a registered producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2007. Read more about recycling your old IT equipment
Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.