- For Home
- For Business
- This networked MFP boosts productivity. Share resources with wireless networking1,2, and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint3. Improve workflow with access to business apps. Save time with automatic two-sided scanning and copying.
- Ideal for business users who need a versatile, networked HP LaserJet MFP for everyday office functions, including fax, copy, scan to email and to network folders, touchscreen access to business apps and the ability to print from mobile devices.
Increase productivity – even on the go.
- Scan documents directly to email or a network folder. Save time and get fast results: the dual head scanner means two-sided pages are only scanned once.
- Print at up to 33 ppm A4, and get a first page in as fast as eight seconds.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint3. Send files from a smartphone directly to your printer using HP wireless direct printing1,2.
- Set up and share anywhere in the office with wireless connectivity2,4. Configure networking fast2,5.
Produce high-quality documents time after time.
- Print professional-quality documents with bold text and sharp images, using Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Improve performance with trusted HP reliability. Do more with 800-sheets maximum paper input capacity (with optional 500-sheet tray).
- Save time with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges that are reliable and feature an all-in-one design for easy installation.
- Print more affordably using an optional high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge6.
Easily manage print jobs and access business apps.
- Use business apps and an 8.89 cm (3.5-inch) colour touchscreen to access and print from the web or scan to online storage sites7.
- Plug and print in as fast as five minutes – there's no CD required with HP Smart Install8.
- Manage workflow with intuitive features right on the printer: use the easy-access USB port to print from – and save scans to – a flash drive.
- Easily control your print environment and save IT time and costs – HP Web Jetadmin helps you monitor equipment and increase uptime.
Reduce your environmental impact.
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
- Save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology which turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t9.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners10.
- This MFP's compact size is designed to use less space and create less packaging waste.
1 Not available on all printers. Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require driver or apps, available for download at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
2 HP wireless direct printing, HP Auto Wireless Connect, and built-in wireless connectivity are only available on the HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dw.
3 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents, and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
4 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
5 HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. For information on compatibility, visit www.hp.com/go/autowirelessconnect.
6 HP 80X LaserJet Black Toner Cartridge not included; must be purchased separately.
7 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Availability varies by country, language, and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
8 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
9 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology capabilities subject to printer and settings.
10 Programme availability varies. HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners programme. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
- Print, copy, scan, fax, walk-up USB
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 33 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 50,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
750 to 3000 pages
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 5e
- HP PCL 6
- HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- direct PDF (v 1.7) printing
- 8.89 cm touchscreen CGD (Colour Graphic Display)
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, business apps
- Wireless capability:
- Connectivity, standard:
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Host USB
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T
- 1 Walk-up USB
- 1 RJ-11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port;
Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network
- Compatible operating systems:
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
- Linpus Linux: 9.4, 9.5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0, OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4, Fedora: 14, 15, Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i
- Memory, standard:
- 256 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 256 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing, 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 500-sheet tray
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 150-sheet output bin
- Maximum output capacity (sheets):
- Up to 150 sheets
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; A6; B5 (JIS)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Multipurpose tray: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet tray: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, colour, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock
- Media weights, supported:
- Tray 1: 60 to 163 g/m² (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray 3: 60 to 120 g/m²; Automatic duplexer: 60 to 120 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, 50-sheet ADF
- Scan file format:
- PDF, searchable PDF, JPG, RTF, TXT, BMP, PNG, TIFF (scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support JPG and PDF)
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 1200 dpi (colour and mono, flatbed); Up to 300 dpi (colour and mono, ADF)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 381 mm
- Scan size ADF (minimum):
- 102 x 127 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
Up to 20 ppm (b&w), up to 9 ppm (colour)
(While scanning to file from ADF. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration and document complexity. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Yes, single pass duplex ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan direct to email; scan to network folder; scan to Cloud
- File formats, supported:
- Scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support: JPG, PDF
- Copy speed (normal)
- Black:Up to 33 ppm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 3 sec per page
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will increase the transmission time.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 300 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi (halftone enabled)
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 120 numbers (119 group dials)
- Broadcast locations:
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Power consumption
600 watts (printing), 420 watts (copying), 10.5 watts (ready), 9.5 watts (sleep), 0.1 watts (off). Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 2.67 kWh/Week
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 15 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 439.9 x 382.7 x 423.5 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 439.9 x 633.4 x 660 mm (multipurpose tray and foldup cover extended; tray 2 extended to legal-size; ADF fully open)
- 15.1 kg
- Package weight:
- 19.6 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet M425dn MFP
- HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages)
- Getting Started Guide, Support flyer
- CDs containing device software and electronic User's Guide
- power cord(s)
- Phone cord(s)
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Software included:
- Windows®: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PS driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Ink Widget, HP Utility, Scan to email/folder setup
- One-year warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Post warranty repair & maintenance
- Please visit our website:
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy – HP Auto On/Auto Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don't.
• Save paper by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
• Reduce energy use with HP Instant-on Technology and Instant-on Copy.
 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
 Compared with products that use traditional fusing and cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
HP's WEEE registration number is WEE/EJ0076US This means that HP is a registered producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2007. Read more about recycling your old IT equipment
Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.