- For Home
- For Business
- Accelerate processes and turn documents into dynamic digital files, using advanced workflow tools in a desktop MFP. Versatile scanning, processing, routing and retrieval tools help boost productivity. Simplify management and strengthen security.
- Ideal for workteams that need advanced document scanning and routing capabilities, precise image control, intuitive process management and strong data protection. This desktop MFP is easy to manage and upgrade with new capabilities and solutions.
Get breakthrough performance, with best-in-class scanning.
- Get fast results from two-sided, single-pass scanning and HP EveryPage1. Automatically remove blank pages.
- Manage big jobs easily with the 100-sheet automatic document feeder2. Enter data on a large, pull-out keyboard1.
- Do more with data using built-in OCR and multiple scan-to options. Produce clean, readable scans using auto-orientation, auto-page-crop, auto-tone and auto-deskew tools.
- Preview, edit, insert and delete scanned pages on-screen. Launch one-touch processes from the touchscreen.
Increase productivity with this easy-to-use desktop MFP.
- Manage jobs directly at this desktop-size MFP, using the 20.3 cm (8-inch) HP Easy Select colour touchscreen.
- Get exceptional value from using an optional, high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge3.
- Improve efficiency by sending scanned documents directly to email, fax, or network folder8.
- Print from your smartphone or tablet with HP ePrint5. Save and print files directly via an easy-access USB port.
Enjoy top-flight manageability and robust security features.
- Rely on powerful solutions for deploying, managing and safeguarding your printing fleet.
- Robust encryption helps secure sensitive information – at rest on the MFP or in transit over the network6.
- Protect documents with PIN printing capabilities, and add security solutions through the hardware integration pocket7.
- Extend the capabilities of work-team print environments with a rich array of easy-to-integrate solutions.
Reduced energy costs and your environmental impact.
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology which turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t8. Conserve power with Instant-on Technology9.
- Prevent wasted paper: use automatic two-sided printing and PIN printing.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners10.
1 Dual-head scanner, pull-out keyboard, and HP EveryPage Technology are available only on the HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M525c.
2 100-sheet automatic document feeder is available only on the HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M525c. HP LaserJet 500 MFP 525dn and M525f offer a 50-sheet automatic document feeder.
3 HP LaerJet 55X Black Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
4 Optional paper capacity up to 1,600 sheets. Extra 500-sheet paper trays to be purchased separately.
5 Requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types and other HP ePrint details, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require firmware upgrades.
6 HP LaserJet 500 MFP M525f and HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M525c come standard with an HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk (minimum 250 GB). HP LaserJet 500 MFP M525dn comes with a solid state disk (minimum 8 GB) and is not upgradeable.
7 Solutions deployed through the hardware integration pocket may require additional purchase.
8 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology capabilities subject to printer and settings; may require a firmware upgrade.
9 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
10 Programme availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries, territories, and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners programme. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit www.hp.com/recycle.
14 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
- Print, copy, scan, digital send, easy access USB drive, (optional fax, advanced digital send, wireless)
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 40 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8.5 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 75,000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
2000 to 6000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages:
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5 (HP PCL 5 driver available from the Web only)
- HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- native PDF printing (v 1.4)
- 20.3 cm touchscreen, SVGA LCD (colour graphics)
- Processor speed:
- 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard:
- 2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T network
- 1 Foreign Interface
- 1 Hardware Integration Pocket
- 2 Internal USB Host
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Connectivity, optional:
- HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A
- HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see microsoft.com;
Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see http://www.apple.com
- Compatible operating systems:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- For the latest operating system support see: Citrix and Windows Terminal Services (hp.com/go/upd)
- Novell (novell.com/iprint)
- Linux (hplip.net)
- UNIX (hp.com/go/unix, hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software)
- SAP device types (hp.com/go/sap/drivers, hp.com/go/sap/print)
- HP ePrint Mobile Driver (hp.com/go/eprintmobiledriver)
- Memory card compatibility:
- Memory, standard:
- 1 GB
- Memory, maximum:
- 1 GB
- Hard disk:
- Standard, embedded solid state drive, minimum 8 GB*
- AES 128 firmware encryption of job data
- Secure erase capabilities (Secure Cryptographic Erase-Job Data, Secure ATA Erase-Disk).*For high-volume, complex copy jobs or high volume job storage, HP recommends the HP LaserJet 500 MFP M525f with higher storage capacity.
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 500-sheet input tray 2, 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Paper handling input, optional:
- Optional 500-sheet tray (add up to 2 trays)
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 250-sheet output bin, 100-sheet rear output bin
- Maximum output capacity (sheets):
- Up to 250 sheets
- Duplex printing:
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported:
- Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, RA4, B5 (JIS), B6 (JIS), 10 x 15 cm, Postcard (JIS), DPostcard (JIS), Envelope (B5, C5, C6, DL); Tray 2, optional 500-sheet trays (3, 4): A4, A5, A6, RA4, B5 (JIS), B6 (JIS), 10 x 15 cm, Postcard (JIS), DPostcard (JIS)
- Media sizes, custom:
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2, optional 500-sheet trays (3, 4): 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (bond, colour, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined
- Media weights, supported:
- Tray 1: 52 to 199 g/m² (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet trays (3, 4): 52 to 120 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 600 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan size ADF (minimum):
- 68 x 148 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
- Up to 40 ppm (black & white), up to 30 ppm (colour)
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Yes, reversing ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan to e-mail; Save to Network Folder; Save to USB drive; Send to FTP; Send to LAN Fax; Send to Internet Fax; Local Address Book; SMTP over SSL
- File formats, supported:
- Digital Send: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Print from easy access USB: PDF, PS, Print Ready files (.prn, .pcl, .cht)
- Copy speed (normal)
- Black:Up to 40 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi (flatbed), 300 x 600 dpi (ADF)
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 9999 copies
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz) 4.5A
- Power consumption
780 watts (printing), 785 watts (copying), 34 watts (ready), 9.52 watts (sleep), 0.91 watts (auto-off), 0.14 watts (off). Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 4.016 kWh/Week.
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Power consumption value in Auto-Off mode is for Auto-Off/Wake on network and depends on customer network switch capability, user configuration and network activity and may require a firmware upgrade. Off-mode power may vary while checking network packets for print jobs.)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 10 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range:
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 516 x 547 x 576 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 516 x 717 x 576 mm (ADF jam door closed, multipurpose tray open, extension out, legal extension flipped)
- 29.4 kg
- Package weight:
- 35.6 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525dn (includes built-in automatic two-sided printing, HP Jetdirect 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet embedded print server, embedded solid state drive)
- power cord
- HP 55A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge, full capacity (~6000 pages)
- software and documentation on CD-ROM
- Getting Started Guide, support flyer, Warranty Guide (where applicable)
- Cable included:
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- Software included:
- Windows® Installer and HP PCL 6 discrete driver, Mac Installer, HP Postscript emulation driver
- One year, next business day, on-site warranty, one-year technical phone support, chat, and e-mail. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Post warranty repair & maintenance
- Please visit our website:
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy – HP Auto On/Auto Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don't.
• Monitor, manage, and control the impact of your printing environment with HP EcoSMART Fleet.
• Reduce waste – scan, store and distribute documents digitally.
• Reduce paper use by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
 HP EcoSMART Fleet must be purchased separately.
• Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525dn
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
HP's WEEE registration number is WEE/EJ0076US This means that HP is a registered producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2007. Read more about recycling your old IT equipment
Please check the product specifications under Datasheet/Documents. If the product is in compliance with EN 55022 Class A, use of the product in residential areas may cause (under unfavourable conditions) interference to TV/radio reception.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.